Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert DARWIN D. BEARLEY

SubjectDate Asked
antique quilts10/21/2013
  Q: I received 4 quilts this past weekend from my mother-in-law. She told me they were hand-made ...
  A: You have a "Star of Bethlehem" or "Lone Star" and a "Pineapple Log Cabin" sometimes called a ...
coverlet7/21/2013
  Q: I found this woven coverlet. I would like to know when this pink color was used and what the pattern ...
  A: This is called an "Overshot Coverlet" Most of these were made starting in the 1830's and going ...
2 quilts, about Queen size3/7/2013
  Q: I have to quilts I inherited from my mother. Before she passed away, she told me that they were ...
  A: From your pictures all I can tell you is that they or at least the fabrics are from the 1920. I'd ...
flying geese quilt10/18/2012
  Q: I have an old quilt that is cotton (white) with pink flying geese pattern. It is hand quilted, but ...
  A: It's pretty hard to tell without actually having the quilt to examine but the vast majority of ...
antique lap robe9/9/2012
  Q: I was wondering if you can give me a value or point me in the right direction of what this antique ...
  A: Your "Lap Robe" is from the late 19th Century or early 20th Century and commemorates the Richard P ...
antique quilt8/15/2012
  Q: I have a quilt that belonged to my great grandmother. It's 76"x 76" white with red stars. Anything ...
  A: Your quilt looks to have been made in the late to early 20ty Century. I'm not entirely sure of the ...
quilt7/16/2012
  Q: Picture of 2 quilts with damage. Please advise. Can they be repaired? do they have any value as ...
  A: Yes your quilts can be repaired. After good repairs, your quilts, at least the top one may be worth ...
2 crazy quilts 1890 and ?5/7/2012
  Q: We have in our possession two crazy quilts. One is in very good condition with little damage and ...
  A: I'm going to recommend you go to http://quilthistory.com/. On the left of the site you'll see a ...
antique quilt from Pa.2/4/2012
  Q: This quilt has been in our family. I know it's from Penna. It's hand quilted and stuffed with, what ...
  A: I was hoping for a picture of the whole quilt. From what I can see in your picture, it appears to ...
antique quilt1/31/2012
  Q: I recently acquired a very old quilt -- "crazy quilt like" -- and would appreciate any information ...
  A: Dorothy; What you have is NOT a quilt but a "Table Rug" or matt. Yes, it was made to lie on a ...
cleaning quilt12/16/2011
  Q: I have a quilt, Im informed is called a wedding ring quilt, Im not sure how to identify the time ...
  A: Alan, Without seeing your quilt and it's stains, I can't really offer any cleaning suggestions nor ...
Baby Quilt9/14/2011
  Q: I have a baby quilt that came with an old doll (from the 1920s) I purchased in the 1960s. The size ...
  A: Joan, Thanks for the picture. Your quilt or at least the top, is from the 1920 but I'm afraid your ...
American Quilt9/1/2011
  Q: I acquired this quilt in about 1986 in an antique mall in Mishawaka, Indiana. It had a paper tag ...
  A: Your quilt is from the 1930's. The printed fabrics are know as Depression Era Prints and the ...
antique coverlets2/28/2011
  Q: I have been handed down by my husbands grandmother who passed away in the 70's and at that time she ...
  A: You have what is known as an "overshot coverlet". These were made in the early 19th century by ...
late 1880's quilt12/31/2010
  Q: I have a quilt that has been in the family for atleast 3 generations, in the Ohio area of cincy, and ...
  A: David, Your quilt is a variation of a Lone Star or Star of Bethelem. I actually don't remember ...
quilt12/2/2010
  Q: I am almost 60 years old. I have a quilt that was made by my paternal grandmother and her mother ...
  A: Anita, Yes, it would be considered "old". The best way to preserve your quilts is to keep theem ...
very bad mildew smell in quilts11/5/2010
  Q: My mother has alzheimers and I am in the process of sorting through her house. I found several ...
  A: Nina, First of all, you should never dry clean an antique quilt. Next, you should never store ...
Antique quilt cleaning5/25/2010
  Q: I ingerited an quilt from my mother who just died at 91. The quilt is not in good condition but I ...
  A: Yes, a new backing can be applied to an existing quilt and can be quilted or "tied". I would ...
1830 coverlet3/13/2010
  Q: we have a coverlet that has been in our family since 1830. i have searched several places and cannot ...
  A: I recently received a note from The National Museum of the American Coverlet at 322 S. Juliana St., ...
Kauba vase3/6/2010
  Q: We have an old bronze vase with a marble base. The artist is Kauba and the number on it is 4472. I ...
  A: Pam, Here is what I was able to find and you may already know this. I would contact the dealers ...
lancaster crib quilt2/4/2010
  Q: First let me say thank you so much for answering my question so expediently! I only have one more ...
  A: Heather; My personal feeling is that you should not spend the money especially as an investment. ...
Early 1900's 3'3" x 3'3" Diamond in Square Lancaster Quilit2/4/2010
  Q: This is a very nice small antique Amish quilt from Lancaster, PA made of wool in fair condition. The ...
  A: Heather; Have you been shopping on Ebay????? Although Lancaster Co. Amish Crib Quilts are fairly ...
Gabriel Rauser Coverlet2/2/2010
  Q: Do you know anything about Gabriel Rauser (Rausher after 1943) We have a coverlet that has been in ...
  A: I don't really know anything about Gabriel Rauser and his/her weavings. I would suggest you check ...
green and white quilt1/28/2010
  Q: This is a quilt that my great-grandmother had. She resided in Mooresville, NC. The backing fabric ...
  A: Your quilt is a variation of the "Sunflower" The only way I can date your quilt is from the green ...
Graf Coverlet1/28/2010
  Q: I am a descendent of Edward Graf, a turn of the century weaver from Gasline, Ontario. My ...
  A: My best suggestion would be to check with Canadian Auction Houses the handle this type of material. ...
9 Pointed Star Quilt1/26/2010
  Q: Greetings, I found this quilt in an old home in Colorado. I haven't been able to find any other 9 ...
  A: I can't remember seeing a Nine Pointed Star in the past. It is a bit unusual. It appears to be in ...
Antique quilt1/25/2010
  Q: Can you give me an idea of what I have in this quilt? I think it is called Boston Commons and is ...
  A: Yes, Ebay quilts don't bring a lot of money unless they are very good or rare. Generally the ...
applique quilt1/21/2010
  Q: I'm attaching a photo of a quilt my mom had. She said it was Amish. I don't know the ...
  A: Your quilt looks like it might ne contempory. Is it? It may have been a quilt made by an Amish ...
Antique Jacquard Coverlet1/19/2010
  Q: I inherited what I believe to be a jacquard coverlet dated 1847 with the name of the person for whom ...
  A: I'm sure your coverlet has value but very few coverlets bring $15000. Most are currently selling ...
crazy quilts12/21/2009
  Q: I have nine (1890s?) beautiful, colorful crazy quilt squares, in graduated states of completion, ...
  A: Your quilt blocks and quilt top are nice but certainly not "museum quality" The top is what some ...
Cleaning of gilt 1831 ornate mirror frame12/13/2009
  Q: My mirror, complete with eagle and dolphins, used to hang over a gas fire place for over a year. As ...
  A: I have had great success using GoJo hand cleaner on this type of problem. Get the regular kind ...
syracuse cabinet company12/8/2009
  Q: I recently recieved an old cedar chest that was my grandmothers. It was made by Syracuse Cabinet ...
  A: Matthew, I know nothing about this company and couldn't' find any info on it. You might want to ...
puckered quilt11/16/2009
  Q: I just purchased a beautiful wedding ring quilt. I think is was probably made in the 30's or 40's. ...
  A: Without seeing your quilt, it is difficult to answer your question. If it is just badly wrinkled ...
old amish quilt11/3/2009
  Q: Bought in Yelm WA in 1985 from a family that travels to Pa to buy from the Amish. I paid 900.00 for ...
  A: In short, NO. Not without seeing it or good pictures of it. However, it sounds like it isn't an ...
damage control10/25/2009
  Q: I was given a quilt unaware of the actual age of it. On the back side of the quilt was a large ...
  A: I COULDN'T BEGIN TO HELP YOU WITH OUT SEEING GOOD PICTURES OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AS YOUR ...
how old is this quilt?10/17/2009
  Q: I got this quilt at an estate sale. The woman it belonged to was 100 yrs old. She grew up in Mobile, ...
  A: This isn't really a quilt as it is not quilted, but "tied" From the fabrics used in it, I's say it ...
Sheboygan Chairs Table ??9/17/2009
  Q: Recently we purchased some items from a estate sale. We have a few items that we are unsure about ...
  A: Gary, Your chair is from the 1920's but I'm not familiar with the company. I did a Google search ...
Cleaning Handmade Quilt8/20/2009
  Q: I was just wondering what the best way to clean this 100 year old quilt is. It was handmade by my ...
  A: Beckie, Let me start by telling you that your quilt is from the 1930's or 40's. I Determined this ...
sewing machine8/19/2009
  Q: on the upper part of the machine it says sew handy. on the base it says the standard sewing machine ...
  A: Frank and William Mack established the Standard Sewing Machine Company in 1884 in Cleveland, Ohio. ...
ardner coverlet6/8/2009
  Q: Darwin, I have an antique coverlet that has been in my family for years. The weavers ...
  A: I'm sure your coverlet has value but the Coverlet market is pretty soft right now. If it is in ...
pioneer quilt?6/7/2009
  Q: I have a very old antique quilt, it could possibly be one from the pioneer flour sack material, ...
  A: Tammy, I'd really have to see some good pictures of your quilt. The easiest way to sell it is ...
Close up of quilt front5/23/2009
  Q: Here is a pic of the back of the quilt. ...
  A: After looking at your close up pictures, I'd say that your quilt is from the 1860s but I can't tell ...
Antique Quilt5/18/2009
  Q: I just sent my question without the picture of my quilt! Sorry. I have attached the picture to ...
  A: Your quilt looks like it may be from the 1950's although the patches could be from the Depression ...
Liqour Cabinet5/17/2009
  Q: I have a cabinet that was passed on to me by my Grandmother. I want to know if it is worth anything. ...
  A: Miliece; Your cabinet is made in the EastLake style and dates from the 1870's 0r 80's. The style ...
Vintage Quilt - What era?5/11/2009
  Q: My parents received this quilt as a wedding gift in the early 1970s from my father's grandmother. It ...
  A: Your quilt appears to be from the 20's or at least the fabrics are. They may be "Feed Sack" ...
Antique Coverlet5/7/2009
  Q: I believe I have inherited a woolen coverlet woven in 1848. The date of 1848 is in a corner block ...
  A: I would say it has to be 1848 as this is about the end of the period when these were made. Yours is ...
Old quilt4/21/2009
  Q: I recently purchased an old quilt at a church fund raiser. It appears to be different that some I ...
  A: It is possible that the quilter placed a newer quilt top on an older quilt. This was a fairly ...
Flint & Horner Round table2/28/2009
  Q: I have a Flint & Horner round table measures approximately 27 1/2 inches round on top and stands ...
  A: Flint & Horner advertised that its business was founded in 1840. That was the year Henry Bruner ...
antique sword2/12/2009
  Q: i possess an antique sword that has pit marks and corrosion on it.i have tried to remove corrosion ...
  A: I'm not an expert on swords but I can tell you that the experts I have seen on The Road Show, always ...
Large quilt from early to mid 19th century2/11/2009
  Q: Mr. Bearley, I have a quilt that was made by my grandmother's grandmother. My grandmother was born ...
  A: Not quite sure what your question actually is but without seeing the quilt, it is impossible to tell ...
Wrought Iron antique sewing machine1/25/2009
  Q: I have an antique wrought iron sewing machine base -- its gathers dust and has a couple of small ...
  A: If you want it to look really nice. Take it to a sand blaster (look in phone book). Have it media ...
Hand made guilts from approx 1920's12/3/2008
  Q: I have several double bed size, handmade guilts, in very good condition, made from ladies, from the ...
  A: All quilts have value but the quilt market isn't what it was several years ago. As far as values, ...
Trapunto quilt9/13/2008
  Q: I have a all white trapunto quilt with a 12 inch crocheted edge. The crochet work needs some repair ...
  A: It is difficult to give you the info you requested without seeing your quilt first hand. Trapunto ...
vintage handmade quilts5/12/2008
  Q: I have a large number of vintage handsewn quilts that are what I think of as "under quilts". ...
  A: Beverly, I'm sure there is a market for them, especially if they are well crafted. However, ...
Antique Blanket5/5/2008
  Q: I realize your expertise is in quilts rather than wool blankets. Can you refer me to someone who ...
  A: Douglas, I understand wanting to restore an item the has sentimental value. You will need to find ...
Pennsylvania Amish Quilt5/2/2008
  Q: Please tell me if my 31 year old Wedding Ring ? style Amish Quilt is of value, and how I could sell ...
  A: The Wedding Ring pattern was not a traditional pattern made by the Lancaster County Amish. Yours, ...
1849 quilt made by DL>MYERS4/28/2008
  Q: MYERS BETHEL TOWNSHIP FOR MARY ARMSTRONG PLEASE HELP??THANKS FOR YOUR TIME<Diane Kane ...
  A: I cannot give a value based on your information. If you'd like to email me a few pictures, I'll try ...
Cleaning & Possibly dating a quilt8/20/2006
  Q: I have a quilt from my deceased Grandmother & want to clean it. It looks clean but has that "old ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Here are a few Internet addresses where you might find ...
Cleaning vintage satin quilt8/10/2006
  Q: I hope you can advise me as I don't have any idea about quilts. I have recently purchased a ...
  A: Lindsey, I'm not really sure about cleaning satin. I have washed down comforters in my machine but ...
American Flag Quilt7/21/2006
  Q: Mr. Darwin D. Bearley, I found your name while trying to research an American flag quilt/wall ...
  A: I received your email with the pictures of your quilt. After looking very carefully at your quilt, ...
antique quilt6/2/2006
  Q: I have an antique quilt that I purchased in Texas. It appears to be hand stitched and has a pattern ...
  A: I can't give you any idea what to value the quilt without seeing it of seeing very good pictures. ...
1918 quilt5/24/2006
  Q: I purchased an old handmade quilt from a yard sale last year. It is made of different cotton brown ...
  A: Terri, I'm sure your quilt has value but without seeing it, I am unable to give you a value range. ...
Antique Quilt4/18/2006
  Q: I have an antique quilt that is 48" x 60" plus a 5" wide hand tatted border (no seams) that I am ...
  A: Christi, I do not have a free appraisal service. However, you can go to Ebay.com and do a ...
I have a quilt top made by...3/2/2006
  Q: I have a quilt top made by my great grandmother. It is probably double bed size. I don't believe ...
  A: All hand made quilts and quilt tops have value. The value of such an item depends and many things. ...
1930's Quilt Top2/20/2006
  Q: I acquired this quilt top when my grandmother passed. Her grandmother made the top in the 1930's - ...
  A: Jackie There are two schools of thought on the subject of quilting old tops. Some say it's OK ...
Antique Quilt Circa 19082/6/2006
  Q: I have in my possession five quilts that were all made by my maternal grandmother who was a fine ...
  A: You can send me pictures but send them to ddbstuff@aol.com. I'll tell you what I can. As for ...
1841 breadspread1/24/2006
  Q: I have a breadspread dating back to 1841 excelent condition made by S. Houseman from trexlertown,Pa. ...
  A: Liz, Sounds like you have a Jacquard Coverlet. Is it made in 2 section and sewn down the middle? If ...
quilts1/15/2006
  Q: I had quilts made by my great grandmother and her mother. I am 67 yrs old and some of them were ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to give you any kind of value ...
Antique Quilts1/10/2006
  Q: I have about a half dozen Mennonite, Virginian and others pre 1900 quilts. I bought them from ...
  A: Alice Graf sold quilts for many years but has sold her business. It still goes by the same name. ...
Any value to quilt tops?12/28/2005
  Q: I have one or two quilt tops -- uncompleted quilts that I rescued from the trash in the early 70's ...
  A: EJ, Yes, quilt tops do have value. Some people buy them and finish them as quilts. Others simply ...
quilt cleaning11/30/2005
  Q: I was wondering if there is a way to get those dark stains out of quilts (I'm not sure what they ...
  A: I wouldn't be able to give you any ideas without really seeing the stains. I wouldn't want to ...
worth selling11/23/2005
  Q: ihave a quilt that was used as a rug in the 1850s. it is from michigan. would it have any value ...
  A: Could you write again and give me more of a description of your “quilt” or perhaps send me pictures? ...
grandmas quilts11/21/2005
  Q: I have several quilts that my grandma made my mom kept them in her ceder chest, if I can send you ...
  A: You can send me pictures and I will try to give you some idea of value. However, wothout actually ...
quilts11/1/2005
  Q: I bought a quilt at a auction and it has the name of a mill on the back of it. The mill is named ...
  A: Sean, I would need to see the quilt in order to date it. Dating a quilt depends on the fabrics on ...
Silk Tie Quilt10/24/2005
  Q: I have a silk tie quilt in excellent shape circa 1935, queen size. My two questions are: 1) How ...
  A: I don't appraisals here as I really need to see the quilt in order to determine a value. As far as ...
selling quilts10/24/2005
  Q: last year I had two of my quilts appraised for insurance purposes. I know want to sell them what is ...
  A: That's a tough question to answer. I've been in the business for 30 years and I'm still asking that ...
old quilt9/28/2005
  Q: I am trying to identify the old quilt that belonged to my great-grandmother. It is not quilted in ...
  A: Judy, If it is tied, it really isn't considered a quilt. It would most likly be a comforter. Tying ...
Antique blanket9/7/2005
  Q: Do you know the proper way to store a blanket that is in perfect condition from the late 1800's to ...
  A: Regardless of the makeup of the blanket, the best way to store it is to wrap it in acid free paper ...
How can I clean an antique...9/7/2005
  Q: How can I clean an antique red and white quilt without it fading and running?
  A: The best way to clean a quilt if it is in good condition is to wash it. However, it must be in ...
quilt8/17/2005
  Q: We had a fire and are trying to value a quilt which was made by my great grandmother about 1880. It ...
  A: Shaun: Sorry to hear about your fire but I would really need to see the quilt or at the very least, ...
Hanging a Quilt8/11/2005
  Q: I have inherited a hand made quilt in perfect condition, about sixty years old. I would like to ...
  A: Here are several quilt hanging methods that work fine. Much depends on where you are hanging the ...
Antique Quilts7/14/2005
  Q: My husband's mother gave him several quilts when his father pasted away two years ago. The quilts ...
  A: Having your quilts appraised is a very good idea. In the meantime, take them out of the plastic bag ...
Quilt tops7/4/2005
  Q: I don't know for sure what qualifies as "antique", but I am 52 years old and have several quilt tops ...
  A: You should have your quilt tops appraised before selling. Some are worth quite a bit. I suggest ...
swastika quilt6/12/2005
  Q: I have a quilt that has pink swastikas on a white background-was this a well known pattern or not? I ...
  A: Even though a swastika quilt pattern is has many different names, to 99% of people it is still a ...
quilt6/10/2005
  Q: I was given a quilt today that has a date sewn in of 1938. The quilt is in a trip around the world ...
  A: Check these sites to find a qualified quilt appraiser: http://www.quilthistory.com./quilt.htm ...
old quilt6/8/2005
  Q: I purchased a handmade quilt several years ago with scalloped edges from a thrift shop. How can I ...
  A: Carol, If I was you, I'd have it appraised first so that you will be armed when you approach a ...
Quilts5/31/2005
  Q: My neighbor left me about 6 quilts that her mother and grandmother had made. A few have dates on ...
  A: Sure, your quilts are definitely worth something and should be properly cared for. I'd suggest ...
Is my quilt an antique?5/24/2005
  Q: I have inherited a queen-sized quilt from my mother in law. It has been on the attic for at least ...
  A: It sounds to me as if it was probably made in the 40's. There were lots of patriotic and flag ...
quilt made in 1897-19075/18/2005
  Q: I have a pathwork quilt which was made by my great great grandmother from 1897-1907. It is hung on a ...
  A: Betsey; I'd find a good appraiser in your area. Try to find one that specializes in quilts and ...
Quilts5/3/2005
  Q: I have inherited some quilts from my Aunt who just passed away. I am sure that some of the quilts ...
  A: Unfortunately, It is impossible to evaluate a quilt without actually seeing it. Quilt values are ...
Quilt Value4/30/2005
  Q: I have a quilt that I believe is about 100 years old. it is the Sun bonnet girl pattern hand made. ...
  A: Suzanne, "Sunbonnets Sues" were popular in the 1930s. Their value, like with all quilts depends on ...
I have an old quil- valuable and repairable?4/20/2005
  Q: I have a an antique quilt from my great aunt's house. It is white background with blue and white ...
  A: Sounds to me like you are loving your Aunt's quilt to death. I can't tell how old it is without ...
I have quilts approximately...4/16/2005
  Q: I have quilts approximately 80 years old. Some are faded but still in good shape. Also have hand ...
  A: It would be impossible to determine value of your quilts and blankets without actually seeing them. ...
native american quilt3/31/2005
  Q: native american made, quilt. Oto tribe, ok. names of all who worked on, sewn on. done about 1930's. ...
  A: I can't offer a value without seeing it. I would not clean it if you aren't familiar with cleaning ...
Quilting pieces from the 40's3/22/2005
  Q: My mother gave me a bunch of quilt pieces that my grandmother put together before her sudden death ...
  A: Here are three sources for vintage fabrics. You can also search Ebay ...
Quilt Value3/14/2005
  Q: my mother has a homemade quilt that is at least 100 years old and in very good condition . She was ...
  A: I'd suggest checking to see if you have a quilt appraiser in your area. Check your local library to ...
Antique Coverlet3/8/2005
  Q: We have been told to insure the coverlet for $500.00, but we are very interested in selling it. What ...
  A: I'd really have to see it before I could give you any idea as to its value. Sounds like you already ...
identifying your quilt3/2/2005
  Q: Where do I start in researching the value of my quilt?
  A: The quickest and easiest way to determine the value of you quilt and to learn a lot more, is to find ...
name of quilt2/22/2005
  Q: I have an antique lap quilt that was given to me by a great aunt.It is the size of a baby blanket ...
  A: Claudia, I really haven't heard of a particular name or category for this type of quilt other than ...
repairing a quilt9/9/2004
  Q: A friend has asked me to do some repairs on an old family quilt. It's in pretty good shape but ...
  A: Kathy, I don't do repairs so I'd suggest you consult a quilt restorer. Here are a couple of web ...
Antique Quilt9/7/2004
  Q: I have received a quilt from my husbands Great Great Grandmother. It is a crazy quilt made of mainly ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I live in Akron and would be more than happy to look at ...
quilt8/23/2004
  Q: I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL AUCTIONS AND FOUND THAT WHEN A QUILT THAT HAD BEEN MADE BY THE AMISH COMES UP ...
  A: Yes, true OLD Amish quilts do have real value. They are highly sought after by collectors. ...
old quilts8/22/2004
  Q: My great grandmother handmade some quilts and they were not taken care of very well. I was ...
  A: It is very difficult to suggest cleaning methods for old quilts without really seeing them. ...
quilts8/13/2004
  Q: My Great Grandmother loved to make quilts. I have a few that are in sad shape after much use. I was ...
  A: Most quilt collectors want quilts that are in relatively good condition. However, some collectors ...
Quilt5/18/2004
  Q: I have a quilt (I was told) from the 40's and Ohio, how do I find out how much it is worth and how ...
  A: You could find a quilt appraiser in your area and have them appraise your quilt. If you want help, ...
wedding quilt4/27/2004
  Q: I have had a quilt that was from my grandmother...blue and white...stitched togeather (two ...
  A: Pam, What you have is not a quilt but a Jacquard Coverlet. These are woven in two narrow pieces and ...
trunk full of old quilt tops4/26/2004
  Q: My husband was given a cedar trunk that was full of quilt tops estimated to have been done in the ...
  A: There are a lot of collectors of quilt tops. Some finish them and many don't. Some believe they ...
S.Car. albumn quilt4/19/2004
  Q: Sir....I have an albumn quilt from Donaldsville(Donalds), S. Car. that has many signatures in india ...
  A: Sounds like a "Signature" Quilt. These were usually made by a church or other group as a fund ...
cleaning a quilt4/12/2004
  Q: I received an old quilt, all handstitched, from my mother, who assured me that it was old. It's ...
  A: I wash a lot of my quilts in my machine. I use warm water and fill the machine for a large wash. I ...
Cleaning an antique quilt3/18/2004
  Q: I own an old quilt that is dated 1906. It really needs to be cleaned but I have no idea how to do it ...
  A: Tammy, These kinds of quilts with silks are almost impossible to clean. In fact, I don't even have ...
drunkard's path quilt2/11/2004
  Q: Darwin: I am interested in possibly buying an antique quilt I saw at an antique store. It is a ...
  A: To be honest, I'm not sure when the Drunkard's Path was started but from my experience, 1860 does ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

DARWIN D. BEARLEY

Top Expert on this page