Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Irene Schwall

SubjectDate Asked
Antique thimble collection3/14/2017
  Q: I am interesting in finding someone who can appraise my mother's thimble collection. There are a ...
  A: As you are probably aware, it is next to impossible to appraise anything without holding it in your ...
Toy Betsy Ross sewing machine10/18/2016
  Q: I just brought her home from the antique mall. This is a hand-crank machine, cast iron, light ...
  A: I do have the threading instructions for the Betsy Ross if that will help you. Almost all of these ...
kay-an-ee sew master toy10/3/2016
  Q: My Flea Market find is of a Blue kay-an-ee toy sew master,(berlin, west germany,us zone on plate) ...
  A: Almost all of the toy sewing machines sew a chain stitch. If you send me an email to: ...
Thimbles5/4/2016
  Q: I would like to know about this collection. ...
  A: Olga, Much better photos, thanks. These thimbles were made in Germany and date to around 1985/86. ...
chatelaine??2/2/2016
  Q: I was given this piece when I was a little girl about 52 years ago from a lady that worked in a ...
  A: The piece most definitely was part of a chatelaine. Without actually seeing it in person it is hard ...
KAYanEE sew master12/6/2015
  Q: 1940s manual child's machine...makes a chain stitch but will not catch the loop of thread underneath ...
  A: I do have the threading instructions for the KAYandEE machine and am always happy to share them. ...
Crystal toy machine12/1/2015
  Q: I purchased a model 6131 today, however it did not come with the manual. I understand from another ...
  A: Sadly, I do not have any threading instructions for the Crystal toy machine. Please send a query ...
Casige Straco Sewing Machine11/30/2015
  Q: I have an old Casige Straco Electr-O-Matic sewing machine. Can you tell me the age/value? And how to ...
  A: From your photo, it appears that you have the CASIGE model 2015 or similar, made of sheet metal. It ...
Crystal Toy Sewing Machine10/7/2015
  Q: this little sewing machine was amongst the items I won at an Auction. It is a CRYSTAL B/O Sewing ...
  A: that helps a lot. Crystal Sewing Machine Industrial Co., Ltd, Tokyo, Japan. You should be able to ...
Kay an ee sew master childrens sewing maxhine5/24/2015
  Q: I was just given the cutestest sewing machine because I make sock monkeys and im always doing so on ...
  A: I'd be happy to share the threading instructions with you, that is all I have. If you will send an ...
toy sewing macine4/29/2015
  Q: I was given this toy sewing machine for Christmas '58 or '59. Getting ready for a garage sale and ...
  A: You little Vulcan sewing machine has paint loss and without seeing the machine in person, it would ...
Thimble/Sewing Kit combination3/5/2015
  Q: I am not sure what to call this item. It belonged to an Aunt who traveled the world. I'm guessing ...
  A: The photos are most helpful, thank you. This is a sewing kit but not something necessarily made in ...
White Heron Thimbles1/14/2015
  Q: I have managed to find 2 more pieces to the puzzle which could help to find the answers I'm after. ...
  A: I will gladly pass this information on as well and see what we can come up with for you. Many of ...
Betsy Ross Child's sewing machine1/3/2015
  Q: I am hoping you can help me. I am searching for the instructions for the green Betsy Ross child's ...
  A: I do have the Betsy Ross threading instructions and I'm happy to share them. Please send an email to ...
Is my sewing machine have any value ?12/23/2014
  Q: I have a 1947 domestic sewing machine with oak cabinet with box of assorories and a handbook I would ...
  A: My expertise is in toy or miniature sewing machines, antique thimbles and needlework tools. I do ...
Antique desk10/15/2014
  Q: I bought an antique desk and know nothing about it. It has octangular lets with metal ball feet. The ...
  A: Are you able to take photos of this desk? It does not sound like it has anything to do with sewing ...
Kay an EE Sew Master model #5555/26/2014
  Q: I have my little red sewing machine that I had as a child in the 50's. I have the box and clamp, but ...
  A: I do have threading instructions for the Kay an EE machine. Please send me a separate email to: ...
needlework tool?5/17/2014
  Q: My father, who passed away last year, was an antique dealer for many years. We are going through his ...
  A: What you have is an antique, English circa 1880s figural needle case. The wood could be Sycamore as ...
antique thimble5/12/2014
  Q: I have attached two more pictures of the E-I-M(on its side)and hope that they are helpful. They are ...
  A: I think that what you are seeing is "design" not actual lettering. I blew the photos really large ...
KAYanEE 8504/8/2014
  Q: I just came across my old toy sewing machine when cleaning out my parent's attic. I'm 60, so it must ...
  A: I do have threading instructions for the KAYandEE. Please send an e-mail to me at: ...
Singer Minature sewing machine, circa 19301/2/2014
  Q: Have you information on Singer miniature sewing machines? It measures ~7" long x 7" high x 3.5" ...
  A: I do have a few reference books for toy or miniature sewing machines. The Singer Sewing Machine Co. ...
Singer Sew-Handy Model 208/31/2013
  Q: I recently sold a Sew-Handy Model 20 on eBay. It was working fine when I shipped it. Two weeks ...
  A: I am sorry but I am not an expert when it comes to repairing or knowing about the mechanical side of ...
Little Mother Sewing Machine8/13/2013
  Q: Greetings, I am a collector & restorer of Little Mother toy sewing machines. I can repaint, machine ...
  A: I regret that I cannot be of assistance to you with regard to color combination for the 2-tone ...
thimble7/20/2013
  Q: I have an old thimble it seems to have hall marks and a marble tip can you please let me know if its ...
  A: Without a photo and additional information, it is impossible for me to tell what your thimble might ...
Mini Singer Sewing Machine4/12/2013
  Q: We have a mini singer sewing machine that we're looking to sell, but I'm unsure of how much it's ...
  A: The darker model of this same machine originally came in a box with "Made in France" on it. It ...
Betsy Ross Model 707 Mini Sewing Machine Instructions4/6/2013
  Q: I have been searching for a copy of the operating instructions for the Betsy Ross mini sewing ...
  A: No purchase necessary. Just send an email to me at: xtahoeviews@yahoo.com In the subject line put: ...
Sterling Silver Susan Bates Knitting Needles3/27/2013
  Q: I have a set of 12" Sterling Silver, size 5 knitting needles with gold plated heads. They are in ...
  A: I just heard back from the person I had referred your query to - Susan Webster - apparently you two ...
TSM information request3/24/2013
  Q: Can you give me more information about my latest purchase? I have recently purchased an ...
  A: You have found a very good website for these small toy or miniature sewing machines. Mr. Askaroff ...
Henry Muhr & sons gold thimble3/17/2013
  Q: I have a question about a thimble that we acquired this weekend. I was wondering if it is a Muhr ...
  A: It sounds like you have already been able to identify your thimble as one made by H. Muhr & Sons. ...
Old Needle3/9/2013
  Q: I have an old needle with a ball point tip and engraving on it. It appears to be gold. Can you tell ...
  A: What you have is indeed a needlework tool or sewing item. It is known as a Bodkin. Without knowing ...
Folding Filagree Scissors3/6/2013
  Q: So glad to fins somebody that might be able to help me. I have a pair of scissors that are in a ...
  A: The scissors appear to be sewing scissors but to confirm can you please take a photo of the scissors ...
Standard Sewing Machine2/21/2013
  Q: I purchased an old Standard Sewing machine and would like to know how to find the model number, how ...
  A: As I have explained numerous times before, I am not an expert in the full-sized household models of ...
standard sewing machine11/28/2012
  Q: I have a standard sewing machine what's the foot pedal it has a big box that covers up the top of ...
  A: Although I have answered many sewing machine queries in the past, I am not an expert on the ...
notions and tools11/26/2012
  Q: Anxiously waiting your response about my 6 thimbles but thought I'd send a pic of the rest of ...
  A: This one just showed up in my mail........ Sewing tool picture: Black object, handle and bulbous ...
thimbles11/24/2012
  Q: I found these thimbles and scissors with my grandmother's things. One thimble has initials on it. ...
  A: The thimbles most likely are made by different makes and I need for you to provide me with ...
How old are these spools of thread?11/18/2012
  Q: My wife just uncovered two spools of thread, one white and one black. I was just about to use the ...
  A: I have been out of town for a few days with no access to Wi-Fi. Please give me a few days to ...
Betsy Ross Sewing Machine11/3/2012
  Q: Do you have the instructions for the Betsy Ross electric sewing machine made in the late 40's or ...
  A: Yes I do have the instructions and I am happy to share them with you. Please send an email to me at: ...
antique tool8/3/2012
  Q: I have an antique tool that we are thinking had something to do with possibly rug making (attached ...
  A: If you go back into my file, I have answered this question before - same item. It is a rug making ...
KAYanEE toy sewing machine8/3/2012
  Q: I wonder if you can help - I have just bought a charming emerald green KAYanEE toy sewing machine. ...
  A: I regret that I am not able to help you locate needles. You may wish to send a query to the Toy ...
Childs sewing machine toy5/23/2012
  Q: I have a kayanee sew master sewing machine from kayanee Corporation of America New York 10 N.Y. It ...
  A: I do not undertake appraisals without the object in hand. I also charge a fee for appraisals. ...
sewing Machine5/22/2012
  Q: I have 3 toy sewing machines I am trying to find more info about them and how much there worth any ...
  A: I also charge for an appraisal. However, there are two good books out there written by Glenda ...
Vulcan Child's Sewing Machine + biscuit tin5/21/2012
  Q: I saw your anwer on-line in 2007 to another subscriber. I am English and have a Senior Model Vulcan ...
  A: The Vulcan Senior is made of cast metal and it has "Made in England" printed on the front. Some of ...
Burce Sewing Machjne5/14/2012
  Q: I just received a Bruce Sewing Machine and want to know how old it is, I have the owners manual but ...
  A: The Bruce machine is a full-sized household model and my expertise when it comes to sewing machines ...
Betsy Ross Green mini sewing machine Instructions5/8/2012
  Q: I have been searching for a copy of the instructions for the Betsy Ross mini sewing machine. If you ...
  A: I do have the threading instructions for the little Betsy Ross and am happy to share them with you. ...
Betsy Ross sewing macjhine 705e5/6/2012
  Q: Can you please tell me how to thread the machine. Thank you
  A: Can you please send me your email address and I will be happy to send you the threading instructions ...
peacock pin cushion5/1/2012
  Q: Apologies, I forgot to attach this picture. Regards, Dionne
  A: I cannot make out the date letter or maker's marks other than the Lion Passant - quality mark ...
Shelfing unit made from Glasgo Thread spools4/29/2012
  Q: Thread spools date from the 1890's,is a 3 tier corner shelving unit. Sent picture previous inquiry. ...
  A: I do not do appraisals, sorry. As to where to find additional spools, these companies are out of ...
antiquethreading device?4/22/2012
  Q: I have an item that is shaped like a guitar or a hourglass type shape. It is made of wood about 71/2 ...
  A: What you have is an antique rug making tool or shuttle. These were used to make rag rugs or "proddy ...
Casige 1050 child toy sewing machine4/18/2012
  Q: The name on the top of the sewing machine is "Gloria" How and why did they decide to give it that ...
  A: The Casige company was founded by Carl Sieper of Gevelsberg, Germany, 1902 to 1975. As to why they ...
Betsy Ross model 707-E sewing machine4/17/2012
  Q: Irene, My husband bought this cute sewing machine for me, however I'm not sure if there is suppose ...
  A: The child-sized toy or miniature Betsy Ross machine does not have a separate bobbin. It sews a ...
Corner shelf made from thread spools4/12/2012
  Q: Thread spools are marked Glasgo Thread Co. Mass. Shelf is about 4 feet tall has multiple coats of ...
  A: However, there is no question attached to this query. I'm going to take a flying guess as what it ...
Besty Ross electric sewing machine4/11/2012
  Q: Is there suppose to be a bobbin case on the machine all I see is a little metal piece that goes ...
  A: Send me your email address and I will send you the threading instructions for this machine. Send ...
Unknown industrial? Singer. Hand operated3/28/2012
  Q: I have searches this site extensively looking for the right expert to answer this question. What is ...
  A: Are you able to take additional photos for me from different angles? Just send another posting with ...
Singer little touch & sew model 67A233/20/2012
  Q: Terri
  A: I'm not being flip, but everything is worth something. The key is "How much?" Your best bet when ...
antique sewing machine3/13/2012
  Q: I have a New Home sewing machine in wood table. Was purchased before 1941, some numbers on it are ...
  A: Sadly I am not an expert on the full-sized household sewing machines. However, if you look back ...
Old Sewing Machine3/13/2012
  Q: Irene; Can you give me any information on a old sewing machine that has the "New Model" We are told ...
  A: I'm sorry but I cannot be of much help to you because when it comes to sewing machines, my expertise ...
Singer Sewing Machine Value3/8/2012
  Q: I recently inherited an antique Singer sewing machine from my grandmother. The serial number is ...
  A: Please resubmit your query to an expert who deals with the full-sized models of sewing machines. ...
old child's singer12/20/2011
  Q: I also have come accross an old hand crank singer machine. it is very small so i assume it is a ...
  A: The Singer Sewing Machine Co. made thousands of little toy machines as well as the larger household ...
genuine king edward thimbles12/14/2011
  Q: i have seen some king edward thimbles in a local charity shop, they look original and not copies, if ...
  A: What exactly do you mean by King Edward thimbles? Are you talking about the Edwardian period i.e. ...
Betsy Ross Sewing Machine #70712/7/2011
  Q: I was wondering what the value of this is. Also, do you have instructions on how to run it? Doesn't ...
  A: I do not however, do valuations without the object in hand and, I do charge a fee. However, you ...
Adolf Menz Shears10/23/2011
  Q: I am trying to find any information or history on a pair of German made shears that I own. They are ...
  A: The photos that you have attached are of poultry shears. These have nothing to do with sewing. The ...
wooden spools of thread10/19/2011
  Q: I have many wooden spools of thread, but a few that have not been used at all. Most say J & P Coats ...
  A: Manufacturers of wooden thread spools made them by the thousands. If you look on auction sites like ...
mimi singer sewing machine10/18/2011
  Q: I have a small hand operated singer which looks alot like the one on your website the serial on the ...
  A: Without seeing a photo of your Singer machine, it is almost impossible to know what you have. In ...
Blue casige toy sewing machine10/12/2011
  Q: I am finding a lot of information on the history of a Casige toy sewing machine that I recently ...
  A: I do have the threading instructions for the Casige machine and am happy to share them with you. The ...
unknown thimble maker10/8/2011
  Q: I came to find a thimble that is painted with an antique sewing machine on top. The thimble is heavy ...
  A: I must say however that I have never seen this thimble before. Regardless, it is modern and I ...
Silver thimble10/3/2011
  Q: Irene, I recently found a silver thimble while metal detecting an old Richmond VA home built in the ...
  A: Can you please look into the thimble and tell me if you see anything in the inside top? I'm looking ...
Childs Casige sewing machine9/29/2011
  Q: I have two childrens sewing machines: 1. A Casige sewing machine. Imprinting on sewing platform ...
  A: Firstly, when it comes to a value,your best bet is to search completed auctions on sites like Ruby ...
what would it be worth9/25/2011
  Q: I have a childs singer sewing machine , still in box that my mother gave me and I used to play with ...
  A: I thank you for your query but as I have stated before, I do not do appraisals without the item in ...
Value of Antique Mini Singer Sewing Machine9/24/2011
  Q: I was wondering if you could possibly give me an idea of the value of this antique Singer Sewing ...
  A: M. Thank you for your query but I am sorry I do not do appraisals of items that I cannot touch or ...
Betsy Ross Model 7079/22/2011
  Q: I was gifted a "Betsy Ross" model 707 sewing machine. Everything seems to be in tact, but I don't ...
  A: I do have the Betsy Ross threading instructions and I would be happy to share them with you. Please ...
needle holder9/21/2011
  Q: I have this gold needle holder I am trying to aquire information about. I was wondering if you could ...
  A: Can you please send additional photos to me at: xtahoeviews@yahoo.com I suspect that your needle ...
betsy ross #7 sewing machine9/18/2011
  Q: i saw a betsy ross this weekend and didn't under stand how it sewed. when you turned the wheel the ...
  A: I can only send you the instructions if you write to me at the address listed below and provide me ...
Scissor collector9/14/2011
  Q: Do you know the name for a scissor collector? My son has been asked to find out for school. Thank ...
  A: To the best of my knowledge, and I could be wrong, a person who collects scissors is just called a ...
Standard sewing machine9/11/2011
  Q: it appears to be in working order, we have the manual and accessory kit that came with it, it does ...
  A: As I have stated so many times before, my expertise is not in the full sized household model of ...
Bruce Treadle Sewing Machine9/9/2011
  Q: Do you have any information on Bruce antique treadle sewing machines?
  A: I am not an expert in the household models of sewing machines. My expertise when it comes to sewing ...
Needle Card Made in Japan9/4/2011
  Q: Found in a sewing kit purchased at flea market, 2 needle cards with needles, stamped Japan on the ...
  A: Firstly let me apologize for not answering sooner. Periodically queries do not reach the expert and ...
Antique New Home sewing machine9/2/2011
  Q: I don't know if you can help me. I volunteer for Habit for Humanity and we get many donations. Today ...
  A: I am not an expert in the household or domestic full sized sewing machines. My expertise when it ...
thimble holder8/28/2011
  Q: I have a unmarked thimble bucket holder for a chatelaine. I have never seen a design like this. ...
  A: Your thimble holder was once part of a sewing chatelaine. I need for you to inspect it please ...
thimble?8/28/2011
  Q: I acquired this thimble recently. I don't know much about it or even what it's made off. It looks ...
  A: What you have is a seal skin thimble. There are antique ones out there but they are terribly ...
Brass Textile Magnifying Glass?8/25/2011
  Q: I've come across an old brass object that I've discovered must be an old folding textile magnifying ...
  A: I know exactly what you are referring to because I have one. Thank you for including a detailed ...
Vulcan Sewing Machine [Minor]8/25/2011
  Q: I have a red Vulcan sewing machine with Vulcan and Minor in yellow letters,it was bought for me as a ...
  A: As I explained earlier, I do not do appraisals without the object in hand, sorry. There are far too ...
I don't know what this is?!8/20/2011
  Q: My grandmother and I are looking at some old things that have been passed down in our family. We ...
  A: You have got me stumped -- I have absolutely no idea what this cloth might have been used for! It ...
Betsy Ross child's sewing machine No 707E8/19/2011
  Q: I just bought this toy for $5 at a yard sale. I'm SO excited and think that I got a REALLY good ...
  A: Congratulations on your deal. $5 is a very good price for the Betsy Ross. If you send an email to ...
Antique Sewing Box8/10/2011
  Q: This sewing box is from my grandmother's family, originally from London, England. The family story ...
  A: In order for me to assist you in your research, I am going to need a lot more information. 1. The ...
Singer Sewhandy Toy Sewing Machine Model 208/10/2011
  Q: I have the exact machine that Priscilla had. (she sent you a question previous on this). Could you ...
  A: I am sorry but I do not do appraisals without having the item in hand. There are far too many ...
Toy Sewing Machine Needles8/7/2011
  Q: I recently bought a Casige toy sewing machine and it had the attached needle package taped (yes, ...
  A: I believe that these are the original needles for your machine. You are quite fortunate to have the ...
Singer Lockstitch child's machine8/3/2011
  Q: I purchased a child's sewing machine made by Singer. It says "Lockstitch" in a decal on the front. ...
  A: Without seeing a photo of your toy machine, it is next to impossible to accurately determine a model ...
Standard Deluxe Sewing Machine7/31/2011
  Q: I have a "STANDARD" make sewing machine in a snake skin portable cabinet. The machine is black in ...
  A: If you page back in my file, you will find all sorts of information on the Standard Sewing Machine ...
1915 Standard Sewing machine purchased may 14, 19157/1/2011
  Q: What is it worth? It is in a beautiful cabinet with 4 drawers. The machine is black with gold ...
  A: household sewing machine. My expertise as far as sewing machines, go is in the antique toy or ...
miniature sewing machine5/22/2011
  Q: I have a miniature sewing machine made by National sewing co. in Belvidere, IL. says American girl ...
  A: Than you for your query. Please note, that without the benefit of a photograph to aid in the correct ...
antique scissors german5/16/2011
  Q: I have a pair of scissors/shears. They are mad in Germany and say Adolf Menz wwe on them. When I ...
  A: Are you able to attach a photo of the scissors please? I'm thinking that the blades are where you ...
antique sewing machine5/7/2011
  Q: I am looking for ANY information on a handheld crank sewing machine. It is black with gold and red ...
  A: You have not provided a photo of your sewing machine but from you very short description, your ...
Good Luck thimble5/1/2011
  Q: May 1, 2011 Hi Irene, Seeking your expertise... My grandmother gave me many thimbles years ago. ...
  A: Firstly, let me apologize for not responding sooner. We were away this past weekend and upon ...
Betsy Ross childs sewing machine4/20/2011
  Q: I saw a post on here where you answered a ladies ?? about the worth of her Betsy Ross sewing ...
  A: Your best source for pricing is eBay or other similar auction sites. This will give you an idea of ...
childs Singer Toy Lockstitch Sewing Machine with Carry Case3/25/2011
  Q: I had picked up a childs sewing machine a number of years ago and was wondering about the date and ...
  A: The Singer Sewing Machine co. made hundreds upon hundreds of sewing machines, both the toy and ...
Antique Sewing Machine3/23/2011
  Q: I have been doing several searches to find information on my antique tin sewing machine, and most ...
  A: Without actually seeing your little machine in person, I am going to stick my neck out and say that ...
Thimble3/17/2011
  Q: I have a gold looking thimble and am not having any luck on any information. I think I only no the ...
  A: Firstly, I apologize for not responding earlier but I'm changing over my computer and your query ...
Standard Treadle Sewing Machine2/27/2011
  Q: I have a Standard Treadle Sewing Machine that I purchased over 30 years ago from an Antique Dealer. ...
  A: the household models of sewing machines are not my field of expertise. When it comes to sewing ...
antique stamped thimble42/14/2011
  Q: Gold Thimble as the name H.J. COX stamped on one side and the date July 8, 1913 on the other side. ...
  A: From your description (you did not send a photo so cannot be 100% sure)it sounds as if you have a ...
Sewing chair2/14/2011
  Q: I have an old chair i believe was used with the old treadle machines.It has wooden wheels and lift ...
  A: Firstly, you have not provided a photo of your item so it is impossible for me hesitate a guess at ...
Betsy Ross sewing machine2/12/2011
  Q: I have a full size pedal Betsy Ross sewing machine, can you help me find some info on it or steer me ...
  A: I am not an expert in the full sized or household models of sewing machines, sorry. I have however ...
How to find the date of a machine2/10/2011
  Q: I recently acquired a Montgomery Wards (National Sewing Machine Co.) 3/4 machine....I can find all ...
  A: My expertise is not in the household model sewing machines I'm afraid. When it comes to sewing ...
Betty Ross Child's Machine2/4/2011
  Q: I have a red Betty Ross Children machine with a Red Carrying Case, it is electric with a foot petal. ...
  A: The needle that you need is a standard 24 x 1 x 14 or 16 needle. These can be obtained at any sewing ...
Singer Sewing machine2/4/2011
  Q: I found a old singer sewing machine at the dump it is black and in very rough condition. It looks ...
  A: Please redirect your question to an expert in that field. I can help you with the toy or salesman ...
Wilcox & Gibbs sewing machine1/17/2011
  Q: I have the spool holder and all the attachments. It's in the original sewing table with 3 drawers on ...
  A: Value is subject to condition, rarity and how collectible something might be at any one time. ...
how to thread a Vulcan Junior sewing machine1/16/2011
  Q: I bought a 1950s Vulcan Junior chils sewing machine years ago before I had children and have dusted ...
  A: I do not have the threading instructions for the Vulcan Junior, sorry. However -- many of these toy ...
Sewing Kit and Tools11/16/2010
  Q: I was was wanting to see what year these items I have are from, and if they have any value to them. ...
  A: The paper needle pack, if complete and in excellent condition would be around $4-$6. The sewing ...
sewing machine11/16/2010
  Q: I've got a vulcan minor sewing machine i was just wondering if its worth anything. Its red, made in ...
  A: Toy sewing machines in excellent condition are always collectible but they do not necessarily bring ...
Standard Sewing Machine11/13/2010
  Q: Where can I get some information on a Standard Sewing Machine Model No. P-4306? Are there websites ...
  A: I've had numerous queries about Standard Sewing Machines over the years. Unfortunately I'm not an ...
Very Complete Standard Sewing Machine11/9/2010
  Q: I've been given a very complete Walnut (or Old Oak) Standard Sewing Machine with all the parts, ...
  A: When it comes to sewing machines, my expertise is only in the antique toy or miniature variety. If ...
Question About Thimbles11/8/2010
  Q: I have a pile of vintage thimbles, and I am wondering if you can take a look at my picture and tell ...
  A: Unfortunately none of the thimbles that you have shown me are of particular value. The porcelain ...
Singer SEWHANDY toy sewing machine11/7/2010
  Q: I read your response to the lady asking about an approximate date. I have the exact same model with ...
  A: .. I do not do pricing for eBay listings. If you research current and past eBay listings this will ...
Betsy Ross Singer 707 child's sewing machine11/3/2010
  Q: I have one of these machines and it has never sewn a stitch. The needle goes through the fabric and ...
  A: It sounds as if your machine is missing the shuttle below the stitch plate. I do not sew with ...
Vintage Political Thimble10/31/2010
  Q: First of all, thank you for your time. I will be sending the photos of the thimbles I am writing ...
  A: Political memorabilia is very collectible but there are certain criteria. 1. The condition of the ...
antique sewing stand10/26/2010
  Q: do you know if this is antique? A possible value of this sewing table? Many thanks ...
  A: How do you get to the sewing bag below? Does the top tilt? The wood appears to have a burl top and ...
old thimble10/23/2010
  Q: I have an ugly thimble probably from at least the 1950s. It looks like zinc and has "made in USA 10" ...
  A: Without being able to see a photograph of your thimble it is practically impossible for me to give ...
ANKER RZ10/17/2010
  Q: bonjour , je cherche la notice d'utilisation de la machine à coudre ANKER RZ et vous la possédez , ...
  A: Bonjour Marguerite, Merci pour votre requête. Malheureusement je n'ai pas un manuel de la machine à ...
Sears & Roebuck thread10/17/2010
  Q: I bought a sewing cabinet at an estate sale yesterday and there were many vintage sewing notions ...
  A: To the best of my knowledge, Sears & Roebuck did not make thread. As with many other companies, they ...
Antique Sewing Machine9/15/2010
  Q: Not sure if you can help or not. I have a black mini Singer antique sewing machine, with the case. ...
  A: Is this a toy or miniature collectible machine? If so, please attach photographs and full condition ...
how to thread9/10/2010
  Q: I have a little mother sewing machine. how do I thread it, it doesn't seem to use a bobbin, or at ...
  A: The only threading instructions I have for a toy machine is: The Betsy Ross. I also have a manual ...
spool cabinet9/6/2010
  Q: Do you know if there is something missing on the front of this cabinet? There is a old brass rod. I ...
  A: These spool cabinets never ever had a cloth curtain. They came with glass fronts, tambour fronts, ...
Standard Sewing Machine9/5/2010
  Q: I do understand this is not your area of expertise. I am wondering if you could point me in some ...
  A: If you look back into my Q & A files, you will find various links that might be of assistance to ...
casige toy sewing machine9/5/2010
  Q: I have a casige toy machine that is pick in color it has the eagle with key on the front of the head ...
  A: Does your machine sit on a base of any sort? Example: a square metal base rather than legs? Although ...
Standard Sewing Machine6/19/2010
  Q: The machine I have has Standard in a circle on both sides of the frame. The metal tag which was in ...
  A: Unfortunately I cannot be of much assistance to you. My expertise when it comes to sewing machines ...
sewing machine6/11/2010
  Q: i have a Betsy rose model # 707 miniature sewing machine with case the case is marked up it is not ...
  A: I am sorry but I really do not know of anyone who has parts of these little machines. But you may ...
antique singer and antique Lane cedar chest6/9/2010
  Q: Style#481816 serial # 042111 I believe it is an art deco- has lots of different inlay- grains making ...
  A: I have not found anything else re: the Jiffy-Stitcher but I have a few collectors helping on this ...
Whippet Sewing machine by New Home6/9/2010
  Q: I have been trying to find a picture of the cute little old antique sewing machine that I bought at ...
  A: I am sorry that I am not able to be of assistance to you. My expertise is in antique collectible ...
thimbles6/8/2010
  Q: it is a little girls thimble and is really small on the sides of it it reads FOR A GOOD GIRL the ...
  A: It sounds like what you have is a small pewter thimble that was in a Monopoly set. They are not ...
"Jiffy Stitcher"6/7/2010
  Q: I have inherited alot antique fabric etc. from my grandmother in law. I found something called a ...
  A: The little Jiffy Stitcher was a hand-held sewing machine. I do not have much information on it, ...
Antique Spool Cabinet6/6/2010
  Q: I was recently given a old 7 drawer Clarks/Anchor Spool chest with glass drawers. The glass is clear ...
  A: Are you able to take a photo of your spool cabinet for me please? General info: Spool cabinets were ...
cedar chest lock6/5/2010
  Q: I have an old cedar chest that is locked and the key is gone. The lock would need a narrow, flat ...
  A: Please re-submit your query to another expert. Having said that .... I'm not sure how large your ...
Pewter tea set5/30/2010
  Q: What is stamped on the bottom of the teapot is as follows.. above the trade mark stamp are 4 letters ...
  A: It is almost impossible for me to help you without actually seeing photos of the hallmarks. Please ...
is this an antique pin cushion or hat pin cushsion?5/29/2010
  Q: I bought this 'pin cushion' measuring 9"Lx5"Hx5"W(see the penny in the attached image for size ...
  A: Your pincushion is antique and probably dates to the late 1800's or early 1900's. It is somewhat ...
Franklin treadle sewing machine5/27/2010
  Q: I have a Franklin treadle sewing machine s/n 48932, it is in a cabinet which opens up left and the ...
  A: The household or domestic full-sized sewing machines are outside of my expertise, sorry. When it ...
Betsy Ross Sewing Stand5/26/2010
  Q: I have a question regarding a sewing stand, and since you're an expert on sewing items, hopefully ...
  A: I'm stumped on this one I'm afraid. I have never heard of a Betsy Ross sewing stand. I think your ...
Sears Pink model 51855/24/2010
  Q: Its Pink- The machine weighs about 30 pounds. Its a bit smaller then normal machines. It works well. ...
  A: I have checked my reference books and do not see an exact match to your model of sewing machine. ...
Victoria Child's Sewing machine5/21/2010
  Q: I have an old child's sewing machine owned by my mother as a child. It is called a Victoria Sewing ...
  A: In order for me to be of assistance to you, I am going to need to see photographs (plural). There ...
Miniature Singer5/16/2010
  Q: An aunt gave me this miniature Singer hand-crank sewing machine in 1966. I see no serial number on ...
  A: The Singer Co. made thousands of small sewing machines, not all the same, some more valuable that ...
Sewing box with tools5/15/2010
  Q: I have stumbled across an old sewing box made of tortoise shell. All the tools are intact and are ...
  A: S. Thank you for your detailed description and for including photographs with your query - this is ...
sewing machines5/12/2010
  Q: I have a Challenge sewing machine model number 153.272 serial number 08678. It's in mint condition ...
  A: Your little sewing machine is somewhat rare. It was made by the Royal Sewing Machine Company and it ...
sewing pencil5/6/2010
  Q: I was wondering if you got the image i sent of the sewing pencil i had asked about. Thanks. If not ...
  A: Ah -- a photo is always helpful. Contrary to what I stated before and having now seen the photograph ...
Boye needle case5/6/2010
  Q: This is a wooden cylindrical needle case that holds three #16 needles. The lid pulls off and printed ...
  A: Without an actual photograph of your needle case it is somewhat difficult for me to be 100% accurate ...
sewing box5/1/2010
  Q: I have an old sewing box made from ivory with a navy blue initial on the outside of the case. The ...
  A: You do not actually state what your query might be:) Your fitted sewing box is indeed made from ...
antique4/30/2010
  Q: I came upon a sculptor that's made from brass. It looks like its been buried for a very long time. ...
  A: Although sculpture is not my forte, I do however have a small amount of knowledge when it comes to ...
domestic vibrator sewing machine4/29/2010
  Q: It is in a oak cabinet an has a serial number: 414468. I would like to know how much it is worth. I ...
  A: Sorry but the domestic, full-sized sewing machines are outside of my expertise. When it comes to ...
SEWING ID4/28/2010
  Q: I'M ENCLOSING SOME PICS OF WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE SOMETHING PERTAINING TO THE SEWING INDUSTRY ONLY ...
  A: I believe what you have is a Greist Co. buttonhole attachment that can be used with a household or ...
cross london sewing pencil4/27/2010
  Q: I have a small brass sewing pencil in a sheath. It says cross london followed by RD459680. On the ...
  A: Please give me a day or two to research the registration mark and maker's mark if possible. I will ...
White Rotary Sewing Machine4/23/2010
  Q: I have a White Rotary Sewing Machine in a very nice 6 drawer cabinet (3 on each side), works and in ...
  A: When it comes to sewing machines I am only an expert on the antique toy or collectible variety not ...
Sheffield Plate4/22/2010
  Q: I have a piece of Sheffield Plate. I have not found out what it is or where I could find its value. ...
  A: My expertise is in antique needlework tools so I'd be flying blind at a guess. You do not give the ...
Betsy Ross Toy Sewing Machine4/17/2010
  Q: This is a model 707, green metal, Betsy Ross Pat. Pend Made in U.S.A., in a carrying case that is ...
  A: Please send me your email address and I will send you instructions on how to thread the Betsy Ross ...
Thimbles4/16/2010
  Q: I recently picked up 3 thimbles and would like to know their value. 1. STRATNOID / ENGLAND in a ...
  A: Although aluminum thimbles do not have great value, they are collectible. Out of the bunch, the ...
vintage sewing machine value4/6/2010
  Q: I have acquired a vintage sewing machine from "the General Sewing Machine Company" the serial ...
  A: this is outside of my expertise. As far as sewing machines go, I can only be of assistance to you ...
Singer Sewing Machine3/27/2010
  Q: My mother recently passed away. She has an old black Singer sewing machine which was motorized back ...
  A: Sorry to hear about your mother, my condolences to you and to your family. I'm afraid that I am not ...
Sewing machine3/26/2010
  Q: I have a National Stores Supreme model sewing machine that works great and does heavy duty sewing. ...
  A: household sewing machines. My expertise as far as sewing machines go is in the Antique TOY or ...
antique sewing machines3/8/2010
  Q: I have two hand held sewing machines. I have on that is self crank, its light green in color and ...
  A: Your best bet on researching prices is on eBay. There are so many toy machines on the market and ...
Sewing machine3/5/2010
  Q: In my attic I came across a small sewing machine in working condition. It is called "the Avon" and ...
  A: The AVON was made by The Royal Sewing Machine Company Ltd. and it is a version of the Challenge ...
antique chinese sewing basket3/5/2010
  Q: I have one of these baskets with some adornment (beads and such) The cords holding them on is ...
  A: You can make a new silk cord for your basket or purchase cording from a fabric or upholstery store ...
1901 sears sewing machine3/2/2010
  Q: Ms. Irene, A client of mine came to me with a 1901 Sears & Roebuck sewing machine in very fine ...
  A: Is the machine in question a full-sized household sewing machine? If so, then I am sorry that I ...
Value of Singer Sewing Machine2/22/2010
  Q: I have a Singer Futura II Model 920 with two-way sewing surface that was purchased around 1972. It ...
  A: As I have said so many times before, I regret that I am NOT an expert in the full-sized household ...
Vintage toy sewing machine2/22/2010
  Q: Today I bought a vntage toy sewing machine and I can't find a name on it. It was made in japan, it ...
  A: Your toy sewing machine is called the KRAEMER toy, battery operated. It came with a foot pedal - ...
An old sewing tool2/22/2010
  Q: I have a question about an old tool. I will send you some photos at the address you have posted ...
  A: Wow -- you have got me on this one. I cannot say I have ever seen this tool before! I have received ...
Singer sewing machine2/17/2010
  Q: I have an old Singer machine that was given to me several years ago. I have no use for it and was ...
  A: This sounds like a full-sized household sewing machine. My expertise on the sewing machine side is ...
antique buttonhole cutter2/15/2010
  Q: There were a few responses. One person wanted a picture of the other side. Thought I'd send those ...
  A: It will remain with this post. If John contacts me through this forum I will try to put him in touch ...
MINIATURE SINGER SEWING MACHINE2/14/2010
  Q: I have seen a miniature Singer Sewing Machine selling for $50 in a thrift shop. The machine is less ...
  A: It is impossible for me to determine if you should purchase the machine. This is not a decision ...
stitchwell sewing mach. Salesman sample??2/12/2010
  Q: I have a very small Stitchewell sewing machine that looks like it could be a salesman sample. I have ...
  A: this always helps me to answer the question as best as I am able. The National Sewing Machine ...
toy singer sewing machine2/8/2010
  Q: I have one of the above and wondered if it is valuable. It is a black frame with wheel. Has needle ...
  A: You have not included a photograph or any information about the condition of your toy machine so it ...
Model 15 singer machine2/5/2010
  Q: I have recently picked up an old singer machine with a serial number (ak843853) and after contacting ...
  A: But I cannot help you I am afraid. When it comes to sewing machines, I can only comment or advise ...
hoping someone can shed a light2/1/2010
  Q: I was looking through some stuff in the attic thats been in my family a long time and I found this ...
  A: Can you please give me the dimensions on this box? It looks like you have a lighter beside it. ...
German sewing scissors1/31/2010
  Q: Ms Schwall: Attached is a .png containing two photos of a pair of my late grandmother's scissors ...
  A: It appears that you have dressmaker or what were also known as 'household shears'. I am not familiar ...
thimble question10/27/2009
  Q: I have a plastic thimble that says: KEEP EN. V. IZAC IN CONGRESS Any ideas on this? Thank you
  A: You have a political thimble obviously. These political campaign thimbles were a popular item during ...
Grandma's sewing tool10/26/2009
  Q: After my mother died we found a leather pouch belonging to my grandmother with two metal tools. The ...
  A: Can you please include a photo with this query. It is far too difficult to decipher what this might ...
Confirmation of Old Sheffield Plate10/24/2009
  Q: I read your instructions and will forward additional images. I have already taken these two items to ...
  A: I have taken your photos into Photoshop and made them larger. I cannot get a 'open hand' out of the ...
Antique Singer Sewing machine10/3/2009
  Q: We have an old Singer electric sewing machine that was my Mother-in-law's. I have used it at her ...
  A: I believe what you have is a full-sized home or domestic sewing machine. This is not my expertise. ...
new home sewing machine10/3/2009
  Q: I recently acquired my grandmother's New Home sewing machine and am looking for some parts for it. I ...
  A: Regretfully, I am not an expert in the home or domestic sewing machine. My expertise as far as ...
buttonhole cutters9/29/2009
  Q: There was a writer named Susan that had obtained a buttonhole cutter. I am a tailoring student and ...
  A: Unfortunately I am not at liberty to share the questioner's email addressed with you. Perhaps there ...
Sewing Machine9/28/2009
  Q: I have a Singer Little Touch %26 Sew, Model - 67A3. How can I find out the value and if there is a ...
  A: Are you able to attach photos of your machine? If you can send me clear photographs and also a ...
Scissors/tweezers9/9/2009
  Q: I recently purchased an item at an estate sale and can not seem to identify it online. It looks like ...
  A: I would suspect that this item has nothing to do with needlework - my area of expertise. Could ...
betsy ross sewing machine model 7079/9/2009
  Q: Is there a manual available for this machine? The one I have works well except it has no bobbin. I ...
  A: I do not have a manual for the Betsy Ross. I do have the threading instructions which I would be ...
Wooden Thread Spools9/1/2009
  Q: I have a friend whose father owned a dry cleaner business in the late 40's & 50's. Just as most dry ...
  A: The spools really do not have any great collectible value at all. They were made in the thousands ...
another KAYanEE Sew Master8/31/2009
  Q: Irene, I just bought a toy sewing machine at a garage sale today! It's a KAYanEE Sew Master, model ...
  A: This is always most helpful for ID purposes. KAYandEE Corp. of America, New York, New York. BERLIN, ...
Elna Junior8/17/2009
  Q: We have just purchased an Elna Jr. Serial #103543 in dark green, with a green clamp and a "red" ...
  A: Unfortunately I am not an expert on repairing these toy or miniature machines so any advice I might ...
Little "Boye" Blue8/14/2009
  Q: Here's a photo as you requested. I included one of the front with a ruler for size and one of the ...
  A: I have been trying to research your exact item but no luck. But, I did find a reference for DeLong ...
free sewing machine company8/11/2009
  Q: i recently received and old treadle machine entitled free sewing macnhine company and was wondering ...
  A: I cannot help you with your query I am afraid. My expertise as far as sewing machines go is in the ...
toy sewing machines8/9/2009
  Q: I have two toy machines that I cannot get to work right. One is a GPT and it runs fine but the ...
  A: I only collect these machines, I do not use them to sew with, sorry. If I might direct your query to ...
Dorcas thimbles8/5/2009
  Q: I have a small collection of thimbles and wondered if I could send a attachment for you to view? ...
  A: I can be of assistance to you re: thimbles. Please send me as much information as you can about each ...
vintage sewing tools8/2/2009
  Q: I have always thought they were bone handals but i wonder if you can tell me more about them how old ...
  A: The sewing set dates to the Victorian Era and the provenance is England. I can see a needle case, an ...
antique sewing machine8/1/2009
  Q: I don't see any writing on this, except for very vague lettering on the side of the machine, which ...
  A: I am afraid I cannot be of assistance to you. My expertise is in antique needlework tools, antique ...
Boye Pocket Screw Driver7/29/2009
  Q: I found a small about 1 1/2 inch four sided screw driver. I would love to learn about its origins ...
  A: My expertise is in antique sewing tools and thimbles and not in 'general tools'. However I believe ...
Kenmore antique sewing machine7/27/2009
  Q: We inherited a Kenmore DeLuze Rotary sewing machine in it's original, wood holding table(both in ...
  A: I am sorry but I cannot assist you. My expertise is not in full-sized home sewing machines. I can ...
Silver Pin Cushion7/23/2009
  Q: I aquired a silver pin cushion about 10 years ago. The pin cushion apparently came out of a royal ...
  A: Your pincushion depicts the Roman legend of Romulus and Remus, twin sons of Rhea Silvia and Mars, ...
Singer machine7/20/2009
  Q: I hope this mail finds you well? After recently house clearing an elderly relative, we have found a ...
  A: I feared as much. My expertise is in the collectible, toy or miniature variety of sewing machines. ...
sewing needle7/17/2009
  Q: I have a sewing needle,but don't know what it's used for or how old it it.It is like two long ...
  A: It is really tough to just go from a description so I'm not sure I'm on the right track here. Photos ...
Rough Estimate7/17/2009
  Q: I have a Singer Sewing machine which I believe is 1903, with a cabinet. Serial No: 8301698. I is ...
  A: My expertise when it comes to sewing machines is in the Toy or Child's antique collectible variety. ...
Standard Sewing Machine7/15/2009
  Q: I am trying to date my STANDARD Treadle Sewing machine. It has STANDARD on the wooden cabinet as ...
  A: As I have stated so many times before when it comes to sewing machines I am only able to help on the ...
Wood sewing box with sewing tools7/13/2009
  Q: I bought this box at a yard sale.The lady that had owned a lot of boxes that I bought had passed ...
  A: Unfortunately I cannot give you detailed information or a value. This is an attachment box for a ...
Toy sewing machines7/10/2009
  Q: I have 6 miniature (toy) sewing machines I would like to sell. Can you advise the best way or place ...
  A: eBay is probably your best bet to sell your toy sewing machines. If you do not already have an ...
KAYanee Toy sewing machine7/8/2009
  Q: I have one of these and elderly friend gave me to sale for her. I can send pick of machine and box, ...
  A: If you are asking me what your machine is worth I need for you to give me detail information about ...
Thimbles6/28/2009
  Q: My dad collected thimbles throughout the 80's and last year he generously gave them to me. ...
  A: Firstly, are you able to photograph the thimbles? If so that would be a good start for me o help ID ...
National Treadle Sewing machine6/22/2009
  Q: I have a National two spool treadle sewing machine in a four drawer cabinet. I believe it is from ...
  A: I am sorry I am not an expert in domestic or household sewing machines. Please submit your question ...
vulcan sewing machine6/19/2009
  Q: i have been sorting through my cupboards and have found a Vulcan classic sewing machine , it is ...
  A: Pearce, I had an query from a Carol Pearce -- are you related as this seems to be the same query. I ...
parts New Home Sewing machine6/16/2009
  Q: I bought a New Home treadle sewing machine...missing one part..the part that holds the needle (to a ...
  A: My expertise is not in domestic or household sewing machines. As far as sewing machines go, I am ...
strange wooden thimble6/11/2009
  Q: ..I wonder if you can help identify this object for me. It appears to be a wooden thimble - though ...
  A: No I do not mind that additional photos be sent to me at xtahoeviews@yahoo.com. The more photos with ...
KAYanEE Sewing machine6/9/2009
  Q: It wouldn't let me do a follow-up question. My sewing machine is NOT battery operated, and it has ...
  A: No more questions -- I believe I now know what you have. Thank you for your patience and for ...
children's singer sowing machine vintage6/5/2009
  Q: It has Made In Great Britian on it. It also has a an emblem with Singer Manufacturing Co. on it. It ...
  A: Singer made hundreds of thousands of these toy machines so if you are able to take a photo, the ...
KAY an EE Sew Master Sweing Machine6/2/2009
  Q: I also have one of these machines from my childhood. Made by KAYanEE Corporation of America - New ...
  A: Okay -- let's try it this way. I have no access to model numbers so providing the model number does ...
thimbles5/28/2009
  Q: I bought 5 thimbles in a little shop in Stratford-on-Avon in 1986. I was told that they were made in ...
  A: Are you able to send me a photo of your thimbles please? My expertise is not in modern thimbles but ...
child's Singer hand crank chain stitch machine5/25/2009
  Q: I would love to know approximately what year this machine was made. ...
  A: You have a Singer SEWHANDY Toy Sewing Machine, Model 20. These machines were made in a variety of ...
toy sewing machines5/18/2009
  Q: I spent a look via google to some of the questions about toy sewing machines. I am able to identify ...
  A: Hallo Axel, Vielen Dank für Ihre Website, die auf meine Aufmerksamkeit. Ich werde auf jeden Fall ...
buttonholer5/13/2009
  Q: I have this buttonholer can you tell me something about it and what's it is worth? thanks.
  A: Your buttonholder dates to around the 1950's and according to research, it is compatible with the ...
Kay An EE Sew Master Instructions?5/11/2009
  Q: I recently bought a Kay an Ee Sew Master, of the hand-cranked variety, and cannot figure out how to ...
  A: I'm afraid that I do not have the threading instructions for the toy machine that you have ...
Little Mother toy sewing machine5/9/2009
  Q: I have this machine from when I was around 4 years old and am now 63. I would like to know if I can ...
  A: I do not stock parts for toy machines I'm afraid. You might want to try contacting the ISMACS - ...
old german sewing machine5/7/2009
  Q: I have an old german sewing machine wich is from 5 generations in my family. Is a Title&Nies (or ...
  A: Is this a toy or miniature collectible sewing machine? I have never heard of this brand of machine ...
miniature, manual Singer sewing machine5/5/2009
  Q: I have a miniature, manual Singer sewing machine. It is about 7" high by 6-7" long (don't have a ...
  A: If you can provide a photo that would be enormously helpful. The Singer Co. made thousands and ...
Vulcan Sewing Machine5/5/2009
  Q: I have an old silver grey Vulcan machine and would like to know, if possible how old and its value. ...
  A: Are you able to post a photo of your machine? This would be most helpful. Does your machine have the ...
antique sewing table4/17/2009
  Q: I found an antique sewing table at a garage sale.. can u help me figure out how to get some kind of ...
  A: I am assuming that what you have found is a full-sized sewing table for a household or domestic ...
Pelouze Measuring Guide4/11/2009
  Q: Hope you can help. I run a group at church and in the process of cleaning out an old closet (where ...
  A: Your mystery item is a hem gauge or measure. Hem measures are much handier than a ruler or tape ...
antique Baby sewing machine4/9/2009
  Q: I sent a few photos to the above address () What can you tell me aboaut it and it's value. Thank you ...
  A: This is a small cast-iron machine and it was sold in a wooden box that said "Everybody wants a ...
toy/miniture Singer machine4/3/2009
  Q: My wife found her sewing machine from her childhood (approx 1965) in our attic recently. I tried it, ...
  A: Firstly, have you sent me an email with photo under the name "James"? If so then I have the photo ...
pinking shears4/2/2009
  Q: My wife has a pair of pinking shears she got from her grandmother.They say"Betsy Ross' with aflag in ...
  A: Without seeing a photo of your shears it is very difficult for me to judge if they have value or ...
Vintage miniature sewing machine4/2/2009
  Q: My mother and I would appreciate any information as to origin, age and value that you may be able to ...
  A: Are you able to photograph both sides of the sewing machine without the box? I think this is a ...
toy sewing machine3/30/2009
  Q: I would greatly appreciate any information about this sewing machine. Thank you very much. ...
  A: I jut opened my Yahoo mail this morning and found your other photos. Then I found your email telling ...
I have a standard vibration sewing machine3/28/2009
  Q: in a wood case..... 4 drawer. I have found some letters and numbers. my grandmohter was 100 when ...
  A: I believe, from your description that your machine is a domestic or household sewing machine (full ...
Old bone or ivory sewing kit with gold utensils3/21/2009
  Q: Before I moved south, I had an old ivory colored sewing kit -approx.3-4 " long and 3 " wide. It it ...
  A: From your description, it sounds like a fitted sewing set or etui. These are sometimes called ...
OLD PINCUSHION3/19/2009
  Q: I have an old (antique?) pincusion that I believe was my grandmothers. It was with my mother's ...
  A: Before continuing, can you please give me a full condition report on the pincushion. From the photo ...
Unmarked - Old Sheffield Plate Candlesticks?3/12/2009
  Q: Hope you can help me. I have been given conflicting information about my candlesticks. I've been ...
  A: In 1773 Sheffield was granted its own assay office and in 1784 silversmiths were allowed the ...
i need some answers about antiques3/12/2009
  Q: can help me I have an antique family heirloon that my mom gave me' it's a desk that is about 400 ...
  A: My field is antique needlework tools, hallmarks on silver and gold. Please resubmit your question ...
Speedy Stitcher Tool3/2/2009
  Q: I just came across a Speedy Stitcher for sewing heavy material. I came from Sportsman Post in NY and ...
  A: These are neat sewing tools. I have included a link for you -- it will tell you all you want to know ...
Little Mother Sewing Machine2/26/2009
  Q: i just bought my first house and found one left there. Fully operational in the original box. It ...
  A: Your best bet would be to sell it on eBay. Do a search for Toy Sewing Machines and you will see ...
2 silver? thimbles2/25/2009
  Q: I have 2 thimbles that I would like to learn a little more about. One is perhaps Art Deco style. Not ...
  A: this is most helpful. Thimble on the left = Fluted design. A metal 'everyday' thimble (zinc ...
Little Mother toy sewing machine2/25/2009
  Q: I am interested in more information (manufacturer & date of manufacture, value) on a toy tin "Little ...
  A: it is always most helpful for me to see the object being discussed. The LITTLE MOTHER toy sewing ...
Standard sewing machine.2/19/2009
  Q: I have just purchased a portable standard sewing machine, deluxe model. It is in excellent ...
  A: I am not an expert in domestic household sewing machines. I can only help you with Toy or ...
the girl sewing machine co ltd2/19/2009
  Q: I have come across an old looking sewing machine with the girl sewing machine co ltd on it. it has ...
  A: Firstly, are you able to include a photograph of your sewing machine? There was a GIRL toy sewing ...
Vintage Toy Sewing Machine2/16/2009
  Q: I believe I have an Late 19th Century Bermer & Bruckmann "Colibri" Toy Sewing Machine. The only ...
  A: Does your machine have a hummingbird on it? Check the base and also the tinplate cover please. ...
Red-KayanEE Sew Master2/16/2009
  Q: I have a red vintage small sewing machine. It has floral decals on it. It is old, the hand crank ...
  A: Please provide photos of your toy sewing machine. Please also provide me with a detailed condition ...
KAY an EE2/15/2009
  Q: I've noticed that you've answered questions regarding KAY an EE kids sewing machines in the past. ...
  A: Please realize that without actually viewing your machine in person, my opinion as to value might ...
Thimble Findings2/10/2009
  Q: You were helping me with a Germany stamped thimble. You stated that it is Gilded. Here is the ...
  A: Your thimble was most likely made by Soergel & Stollmeyer. Gilding = a base metal that is coated ...
Thimble2/6/2009
  Q: I came across this thimble and liked the fleur de lis pattern on it. Can you tell me anything about ...
  A: Firstly is the photo representative of true color of the thimble? If so then I suspect that your ...
thimble2/5/2009
  Q: I have a sterling silver thimble with a "coat of arms" symbol on the top inside. Very decorative ...
  A: It is virtually impossible for me to begin to answer your question without seeing a photo of your ...
Antique green glass top Thimble2/2/2009
  Q: I found an old thimble that has a green glass top with 3 leaf clovers going around it in a band and ...
  A: Are you able to take a photo of the thimble? If not then I'm pretty sure that what you have is the ...
thimbal1/17/2009
  Q: I saw your response to someone about a thimble marked M.T. Pat'D with the thread cutter on the side. ...
  A: There are many types of gadget thimbles and also different thread cutters. If you have one of these ...
sewing machine1/17/2009
  Q: I have an old 1900 sewing machine that has a desk and open sp and the sewing machine sits on the ...
  A: From your query I believe you have a household, full-sized domestic sewing machine on a stand. If ...
Searching Antique WebSite1/16/2009
  Q: Irene Schwall: We are owners of an Antique Store in Montevideo, Uruguay, South America. We would ...
  A: Are you presently selling on eBay? There are other websites like Ruby Lane where you 'create a ...
thimble and sock darner1/15/2009
  Q: The thimble was my great-grandmothers. I've tried to ID it but no luck. She was Swedish. The wooden ...
  A: The thimble is American, sterling silver, size #9. The design is circles and abstract flowers. ...
coats &clark's spool holder1/14/2009
  Q: I would like to get more of the coats and Clarks spool holders. It is a cardboard box & the top has ...
  A: I think you are asking me where to purchase additional Coats and Clark spool holders. If this is ...
Child's Crystal Sewing Machine1/12/2009
  Q: I have a green child's Crystal Sewing Machine that I purchased at an antique sale. Do you know ...
  A: Your little child's or toy sewing machine was manufactured by the Crystal Sewing Machine Industrial ...
Unknown sewing? tool1/7/2009
  Q: "I cannot begin to imagine what this tool was used for, however the box that it was found in also ...
  A: I can't say that I've ever seen a needlework tool like this. But I will check my reference books ...
child ssewing machine 60's1/4/2009
  Q: I have a Singer Little Golden Panoramic Sewing Machine from the late 60's. It is in perfect working ...
  A: I am not familiar with this particular toy machine as it is quite modern and I deal mostly in ...
Casige sewing machine1/3/2009
  Q: I have a small old sewing machine that has a hand crank an geometric detailing on the body. On the ...
  A: Carl Sieper of Gevelsberg, Westfalen, Germany manufactured the CASIGE toy sewing machines. The first ...
Sewing tool whatt is it please? and dated11/16/2008
  Q: I recently picked up an old sewing tool that looks like prongs with two blades at the ends. It came ...
  A: What you have is a Japanese scissors sheath along with the steel scissors - these were used for ...
Tully's Little Daisy Sewing Machine11/10/2008
  Q: I was able to take some photos of the machine this past weekend. I was wondering if these photos ...
  A: Your machine is as I suspected and the information that I have given you is correct. Information ...
"Elbeco No.2" toy sewing machine11/10/2008
  Q: I have a small sewing machine I used as a child in the early 1950's - my grandmother had and we ...
  A: Sadly, I cannot find any specific information that relates to your description of "Elbeco No. 2". ...
Tully's Little Daisy Toy Sewing Machine11/5/2008
  Q: I recently purchased a small sewing machine on a rod iron base and have had problems identifying it ...
  A: I have very limited information on the Little Daisy and only on a treadle machine. The Little Daisy ...
thimbles and ivory11/5/2008
  Q: I have 6 porcelain thimbles made by goebel. each has a painted flower on it with a gold band at the ...
  A: The Goebel Porcelain Works (Goebel Porzellanmanufaktur) is in Roedental, Germany. Franz Goebel's ...
F.W. Muller Toy Sewing Machine10/31/2008
  Q: I have a F. W. Muller cast iron toy sewing machine circa 1900. It is a Model 20 from what I was ...
  A: Yes that is about the price that the Muller sells for. Most likely your best bet would be to sell ...
help10/28/2008
  Q: could you refer me to someone who could help me date a national sewing machine line seamstress model ...
  A: As I have stated many times before, I am not an expert on domestic or household sewing machines. The ...
Childs antique sewing machine10/26/2008
  Q: Black childs machine believe to be pot metal gold leaves painted on the black. This is made in ...
  A: Is there a trademark anywhere on this machine? I've looked at two different picture reference books ...
table with yard sticks10/26/2008
  Q: I bought a large table(about 6 feet long) that has 2 yard sticks embedded in the top of the table. I ...
  A: Although this might not be the correct answer and might be outside of my expertise, my guess is that ...
Thgimble10/24/2008
  Q: I have a thimble which I think is Norwegian, possibly made by O.F. Hjortdahl. It's 925 silver and ...
  A: Lovely thimble! Thanks for sending a clear photo. Yes your thimble is Norwegian and it is an older ...
Ross Rotary Sewing Machine10/23/2008
  Q: I know this is not your focus but I have the subject machine, Serial # SA416XX, with a box of ...
  A: You are correct, domestic or home sewing machines are not my expertise. Try sending your query to ...
Sewing machine10/20/2008
  Q: The brand is STATE,its hand operated and in original case. I also have spare parts for this machine ...
  A: I believe that your sewing machine is a domestic home sewing machine (full sized). If this is the ...
antique hand crank sewing machine10/12/2008
  Q: I have a family hand crank sewing machine (I believe to be Singer). I.D. marks on hand crank area HK ...
  A: From your description I believe you are referring to a domestic, our household (full sized) sewing ...
pin cushion10/11/2008
  Q: This belonged to my great-grand mother. I was wondering if it has any value and if you knew anything ...
  A: Your pincushion is Native American, Nineteenth century - and most likely made by the Iroquois. The ...
Kenmore Sewig Machine10/8/2008
  Q: I have a kenmore sewing machine with the original desk, oil, and buttonhole attachments. I also have ...
  A: I am sorry I am unable to help you. My expertise is in TOY or MINIATURE sewing machines, antique ...
brass thimble - the #4 imprinted on it10/6/2008
  Q: I found a brass thimble with the #4 imprinted on it. It appears to be a normal thimble except for ...
  A: Nancy, It appears from your query (no photo attached for identification purposes) that you have a ...
Elna Junior10/5/2008
  Q: I have just been given an dark green Elna Junior Sewing Machine date August 1956 with instructions ...
  A: Gaby, Your machine was manufactured at Tavaro SA Geneva, Switzerland and it dates to 1956. There ...
miniature singer sewing machine10/3/2008
  Q: I'm not sure where this came from, perhaps my mother's home, but I'm wondering if it's a collectible ...
  A: Your little machine dates to the 1950's and it was made by Singer. It also appears to be the ...
Sew-Gem machine10/3/2008
  Q: I have my grandmothers Sew-Gem model 11-11 with a 1953 date on the manual. It also has the button ...
  A: Rick, I am not familiar with the Sew-Gem machine. Sorry I could not be of direct assistance to you. ...
child's sewing machine10/1/2008
  Q: I have been given a Singer Sew Handy Child's sewing machine Model No. 20. It is a mushroom ...
  A: Can you please include a photo with this query? Please also include an accurate condition report. ...
sewing tool8/16/2008
  Q: i have what appears to be a 4 sided screwdriver,with a picture of a little boy engraved on it.it ...
  A: it is impossible for me to tell what exactly it might be or have been used for. The Boye Needle Co. ...
vintage sewing items/spools8/3/2008
  Q: I found sewing materials from an elderly aunt. I know some people collect old thread spools. What ...
  A: There are collectors who specialize in thread spools, I am not one of them however. I do know that ...
Crystal toy sewing machine7/29/2008
  Q: I have a crystal toy sewing machine made in Japan. I have the box, operators manuel and it is ...
  A: As you know, your toy sewing machine was made by the Crystal Sewing Machine Industrial Co. Ltd. of ...
TCC Thimbles7/25/2008
  Q: I have a set of 24 TCC thimbles that are female figures showing the dress of each country ...
  A: I have sent your query on to a friend as I am not sure who made the P. Diane. I will get back to you ...
A large collection of thimbles7/20/2008
  Q: My grandmother collected thimbles since the 1970's. When she passed away, my family inherited her ...
  A: I am pleased to read that you will be keeping some of your grandmother's thimble collection. eBay is ...
child's sewing machine7/17/2008
  Q: I have a child's sewing machine in my garage, I have no idea how old it is and would liek to sell ...
  A: I did not find information that seems to relate 'exactly' to your machine but ... In my file I do ...
Vintage Singer Sewing Machine7/16/2008
  Q: I received this machine from my mother. We dont know anything about it and were hoping you could ...
  A: I am sorry that I cannot help you. As I have said so many times before, I am not an expert in ...
sewing machine7/15/2008
  Q: I had an inquiry about a sewing machine I'm trying to sell, and was wondering if you knew the value ...
  A: I am sorry but I cannot help you. My expertise is in Toy or Miniature Collectible sewing machines ...
sewing machines7/11/2008
  Q: i have a sweing machine from my childhood. i thought it can in a case but... it is blue with a ...
  A: I am sorry but I have never heard of a toy or miniature sewing machine called "Marx". Are you able ...
sewing machine7/10/2008
  Q: 1942. with the cabinet. ex condition.cant find any information on this machine or its value. any ...
  A: I regret that I am not able to help you. My expertise (as I have stated so many times before) is in ...
needles6/22/2008
  Q: Cam any one help me to locate a site where I can find needles for my national chain stitch machine ...
  A: I'm sorry that it took me a few days to find your query. We had a family emergency this past ...
Sewing Machines6/12/2008
  Q: I have a National Sewing Machine Company Model RBR sewing machine from between 1950 to 1954. It is ...
  A: I am sorry I am not able to help you. My expertise relates to miniature or toy sewing machines only. ...
Vintage Sewing Machine6/8/2008
  Q: I am not sure if what I have is considered a toy machine or not. Its a old childrens singer machine. ...
  A: Yes please - pictures are most helpful. Also, please provide me with a detailed condition report on ...
miniture sewing machine6/7/2008
  Q: .I have come across a miniture sewing machine all it has on it is made in germany #124340 would ...
  A: I have never heard of a Piedmont D131714. Is this a miniature or toy sewing machine? If it is not ...
betsy ross sewing machine6/1/2008
  Q: I need to obtain a direction pamphlet for a Betsy Ross sewing machine in case, by June 7, do you ...
  A: I have the directions for threading and using the Betsy Ross. I can attach the docs. to an email for ...
cast iron Singer Sewing Machine Cabinet5/31/2008
  Q: We have an old cast iron Sewing Machine Cabinet - no machine - it is very heavy - has a hole cut in ...
  A: I am sorry but I cannot be a great deal of help to you. As I have written so many times before, am ...
Royal Console Sewing Machine5/28/2008
  Q: This sewing machine belonged to my mother. It is in a wood cabinet and folds up. The only info I ...
  A: I have information about the Royal Sewing Machine Co. but only for toy sewing machines. I fear ...
Singer touch and sew5/26/2008
  Q: I have a miniature child's sewing machine: Singer touch and sew. Can you tell me where I can find a ...
  A: I have never purchased parts for my machines so I'm not able to give you specific information about ...
Needles and Case5/16/2008
  Q: I have a round wooden case that is approx. 9 1/2 in. long and 1/2 in. diameter. It separates in the ...
  A: this is most helpful. What you have is a knitting needle case. The steel needles were used for ...
2 miniature Sewing machines - 1 Singer & 1 Stitchwell5/10/2008
  Q: My grandmother passed away 4 days ago and we hate to do it but we are selling some of her stuff to ...
  A: I am sorry to read of your grandmother's passing. Without pictures is is not possible for me to be ...
Betsy Ross Toy Sewing Machine5/5/2008
  Q: I have become steward of a Betsy Ross Sewing Machine that was left behind after the death of my ...
  A: It sounds like you might have the Betsy Ross that was sold in a box of red simulated leather that is ...
Antique dress form5/4/2008
  Q: I received a neat old dress form from a friend. She found it was being thrown out. The owner was ...
  A: I'm afraid I'm out of my depth when it comes to dress forms. I did however find a website that you ...
Children's Singer Sewing Machine #67A23, Little Touch & Sew5/3/2008
  Q: I saw a post about a child's singer sewing machine and I am wondering if mine has any value. It is ...
  A: Your Singer Touch & Sew dates to the 1960's. There is one just like yours currently listed on Ruby ...
Sewing Help5/2/2008
  Q: irene I have a General Brand sewing machine. I don't have much information to offer you because it ...
  A: Dave, I am not an expert in household or domestic sewing machines. I can help you with Toy or ...
Free Rockford 560 Cabinet Model4/30/2008
  Q: --I am curious about the date of production of this sewing machine; the best that I can narrow it ...
  A: If your machine is a household or domestic sewing machine, I cannot help you. My expertise is in ...
Thimble4/21/2008
  Q: I was given a Dahlton thimble - marked Reine Kandarbeit. It is in great condition. It looks like ...
  A: I have not seen this thimble before made by Reine Kandarbeit and have not heard of Dahlton either, ...
Silver thimble in case4/15/2008
  Q: I have what may be a silver thimble in a case. Both have a lovely floral engraved pattern and are ...
  A: Are you able to photograph your items for me please? If so, please attach to your reply or to me ...
antique sewing box4/13/2008
  Q: I bought a small metal sewing box at a garage sale in the late 1970's when I was little. I'm now ...
  A: I have just received the pictures, thank you. I've seen a lot of sewing boxes in my time but never ...
minature antique sewing machine4/7/2008
  Q: I have an original "American Girl" mini sewing machine made by the National Sewing Machine Co. I ...
  A: Cute machine and it appears to be in nice condition. Thank you for including a clear photograph. As ...
sewing machines4/5/2008
  Q: I would like to talk with you about Free sewing machines. You said you didn't have much info about ...
  A: I do not have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to domestic home sewing machines other than ...
Betsy Ross Sewing Machine4/2/2008
  Q: I have a Betsy Ross Childs sewing machine in a red alligator type case. I am interested in selling ...
  A: You may want to try and get in contact with the collector group Toy Stitchers International -- ...
New Royal sewing machine3/28/2008
  Q: A New Royal sewing machine was handed down to me and I am trying to determine when it was made. It ...
  A: I am sorry but I am not an expert in domestic, home sewing machines. I specialize in toy or ...
betsey ross machine3/27/2008
  Q: i sent u a copy of the machine and the information that i would like to know, insurance information ...
  A: Where did you send the copy of the machine and information to? I only have this message- see above. ...
singer sewing machine3/25/2008
  Q: I have inherited my Aunts Singer sewing machine.It is a extended drop leaf table model 15k 28.The ...
  A: I cannot help you when it comes to a domestic, household sewing machine. My expertise is in small, ...
sewing machine3/19/2008
  Q: i was wondering how much my machine was worth its a singer model # 251-2 please let me know what ...
  A: In order for me to help you, I need additional information. The model number is not enough to go on. ...
toy Betsy Ross sewing machine3/13/2008
  Q: I have been given a toy Betsy Ross sewing machine that I guess was manufactured in the 1950s. It ...
  A: Please send an email to me at xtahoeviews@yahoo.com and I will then attach a doc. with the ...
Vulcan Sewing Machine3/8/2008
  Q: During a recent clean out I came upon my old Vulcan Minor childs sewing machine, in its original box ...
  A: eBay is most likely your best bet for selling your machine. It will have more exposure to buyers. ...
Primitive Wooden Egg--Darner??3/5/2008
  Q: My 7 y/o son is doing an "Artifact" report and we chose this wooden egg from our knick knacks for ...
  A: If the wooden egg is solid i.e. it does not come apart or it is hollow inside, then what you have is ...
Toy Vulcan Sewing Machine2/28/2008
  Q: I have a few questions about a Vulcan machine I recently purchased on E-Bay. The description read ...
  A: Firstly, you can find me on eBay. eBay ID is... serengeti2 I sell needlework tools, thimbles and ...
antique sewing tool2/27/2008
  Q: My husband was told this is a buttonhole cutter when he bought it at an antique store in New York ...
  A: I must admit, I have not see this tool before. I have forwarded your photo and query on to a friend ...
Witch Scissors1/15/2008
  Q: I have an old pair of witch scissors. They measure 3 1/2 inches long and have the number 17 stamped ...
  A: Before answering your question, I need a bit more information. Can you please tell me all of the ...
thimble1/13/2008
  Q: I read your response about a "magic thimble" with thread cutter and the number 10 on it. By any ...
  A: No sorry, just because the thimble has a no. 11 on it does not make it any more valuable. Many ...
Vintage Singer Sewing Machine with Treadle Table1/12/2008
  Q: I have a Singer sewing machine with what I believe they call a treadle table. The table is of tiger ...
  A: My expertise is in toy or miniature collectible sewing machines. You might want to try one or more ...
Antique Sewing Tools1/2/2008
  Q: Bought from an antique dealer many years ago they are made from bone by French Prisoners of War. The ...
  A: This is always most helpful. Your items appear to be bone and would date to the mid to late 1800's. ...
Antinque child's sewing machine12/19/2007
  A: Your machine was made by Ernest Plank, Nuremberg, Germany.(E.P. logo with wings is for Ernest Plank) ...
vintage childrens sewing machines11/30/2007
  Q: I have two childrens sewing machines...one is a Little Queen..it is pink and in the original box ...
  A: I am sorry for the delay in answering your question but it did not reach me the first time. I will ...
singer toy machine11/28/2007
  Q: I have a singer sewhandy model #20 that I received as a child from my grandmother. It's somewhere in ...
  A: It is always difficult to provide a value to something that I have never seen in person but ... if ...
American Girl child's sewing machine11/27/2007
  Q: I saw a child's sewing machine in an antique shop that is old fashioned looking--black with hand ...
  A: If we are discussing a toy or salesman's sample sized sewing machine then to the best of my ...
Betsy Ross Miniature Crank Sewing Machine11/16/2007
  Q: My mother-in-law recently moved and left me several items. She had a Betsy Ross Miniature Crank ...
  A: I have answered general questions before re: Betsy Ross machines so please read back through my Q & ...
The Vulcan Junior Child's sewing machine11/13/2007
  Q: I have a Vulcan Junior Child's sewing machine which I think is about 45 to 50 years old. It is in ...
  A: The VULCAN, Made in England machine is considered one of the better toy machines. Before answering ...
Old Carstairs tape measure11/12/2007
  Q: I bought an old tool box at a small town store that came from New York. At the bottom of this box I ...
  A: From research, it appears that this is not a sewing tape measure. But, I did find reference to ...
Thimble11/3/2007
  Q: I have a Diamond Anniversary Meissen Thimble, and a Silver Diana Commemorative Thimble with a ...
  A: To better help with your query, are you able to photograph these two pieces for me and, please give ...
OLD THIMBLE11/2/2007
  Q: I HAVE AN OLD THIMBLE WITH NO WRITING THAT I CAN SEE. IT IS OPEN ON BOTH ENDS AND HAS A SCROLL ...
  A: Are you able to send me a photo of your thimble? If so please send to me at xtahoeviews@yahoo.com ...
2 Sewing machines7/30/2007
  Q: Irene, The older lady who lives across the street from me wanted me to try and get an estimated ...
  A: I am sorry but as I have stated many times before, I am not an expert on domestic home sewing ...
Franklin Mint thimbles7/13/2007
  Q: I have a set of Franklin Mint thimbles--The Country Store Thimbles--certified March 15, 1980. They ...
  A: An antique is considered to something that is 100 years or older. Unfortunately, the porcelain ...
Antique Sewing tool7/6/2007
  Q: Can you please identify this sewing tool that came with our family from Czechoslavkia over 120 years ...
  A: Wow! and Wow again -- what a beautiful piece. What you have here is something very special. It is a ...
antique sewing machine6/28/2007
  Q: My sewing machine belonged to my grandmother as a child. She was born around 1918. It has a hand ...
  A: Can you please send me photos of this small sewing machine. It is too difficult for me to identify ...
antique sewing machines for children6/23/2007
  Q: As a child I had a child's sewing machine in the 50's. It was green and had the crank on the right ...
  A: It sounds like you are describing the BETSY ROSS salesman sample machine (or toy/miniature sewing ...
Standard machine6/20/2007
  Q: I just brought home a Standard machine that on the plate above the bobbin it is stamped Standard ...
  A: As stated in my write up, I am not an expert in domestic sewing machines. However, if you read back ...
Date and Value of Thimble6/11/2007
  Q: I have a metal thimble that has a thread cutter on one side. the only marks I can find are on the ...
  A: Your thimble is the patented "Magic Thimble" - it is pot metal or aluminum (not silver) and it is ...
wooden spools6/8/2007
  Q: What can a person make out of wooden spools. I have seen carved spools, but if you don't carve are ...
  A: Are we talking wooden thread spools? If so, then the ideas are endless. As you have mentioned, ...
montgomery ward sewing machine.6/4/2007
  Q: i have a montgomery ward and co. sewing machine. the info on the sewing machine says, model 30 ...
  A: Is this a toy or miniature sewing machine? If it is not, I'm sorry I cannot shed any light on your ...
quilts6/2/2007
  Q: I am not sure if you know about this -but I have an antique quilt that my great-grandmother made and ...
  A: Although we have been communicating via my email address at xtahoeviews@yahoo.com, I have also ...
Betsy Ross Machine5/25/2007
  Q: I realize you usually deal with miniatures, but I'm at my ends with this one. All of the searches ...
  A: No sorry I have not run into the Betsy Ross floor model. I can give you a bit of history about the ...
Singer Vintage Children's Sewing Machine4/17/2007
  Q: I have a Singer sewing machine that I believe is over 50 years old. It is beige and in excellent ...
  A: This is always most helpful. You have stated that your toy machine is in excellent condition and ...
toy sewing machine4/14/2007
  Q: I'm wondering about the value of a toy sewing machine that I had as a child. It is a Sew Master ...
  A: It sounds like you have a beautiful toy sewing machine and it is wonderful that you have the ...
Antique Sweing Machine4/4/2007
  Q: Although I have read your profile and understand that you do not claim to be an expert in the field ...
  A: My expertise is definitely not in the field of domestic sewing machines I am afraid. I can only ...
Stitchwell Toy Sewing Machine3/31/2007
  Q: My Mother in law died and left a toy Stitchwell sewing machine. It is in very good condition and I ...
  A: The Stitchwell Sewing machine was made in the USA by the National Sewing Machine Co, Belvidere, ...
Hudson sewing machine3/26/2007
  Q: did you get any feedback from the person that asked about the Hudson sewing machine? because I have ...
  A: Are you able to send me a photo of your sewing machine please? If so, please send to me at ...
Betsy Ross Antique Sewing Machine3/21/2007
  Q: I have an antique machine that was my mothers. Vintage 1948 or so. My daughter would like to use it ...
  A: The copy of the instructions arrived today and I will send them along to you tomorrow. Happy sewing. ...
so-e-ze sewing machine3/17/2007
  Q: I am cleaning out my parent's basement and we found a so-e-ze portable electric machine. Is this ...
  A: My expertise is in toy or miniature sewing machines and not domestic sewing machines. But I did an ...
Betsy Ross Childs Sewing Machine3/15/2007
  Q: Our mother was a seamstress and recently passed away. We now have a childs sewing machine. It is ...
  A: Your Betsy Ross electric child's sewing machine dates to the 1950's and comes in the ...
STITCHWELL MINI SEWING MACHINE NATIONAL SEWING MACHINE CO BELVILLE, ILL.3/11/2007
  Q: I have a beautiful mini sewing machine in its original wood box with the perfect label on it ...
  A: Your little sewing machine was made by the National Sewing Machine Co. of Belvidere, Illinois and ...
Ruby Series "R" Sewing Machine2/25/2007
  Q: I am seeking to value and sell an antique sewing machine Ruby Series "R". I have all instructions, ...
  A: I am sorry that I cannot value your sewing machine for you. Domestic sewing machines are not my ...
EGG WITH FLY TAPEMEASURE2/25/2007
  Q: I HAD THIS TAPE MEASURE GIVEN TO ME BY AN 92 YEAR OLD LADY. iT IS 1VORY IN COLOR WITH A BLACK FLY ON ...
  A: What you have is known as a figural tape measure and the material is Celluloid. The manufacturer is ...
Climax and Zippy machines2/9/2007
  Q: My grandmother left me 2 sewing machines (and they may have even been her mothers) One is a Climax ...
  A: As I have stated before, my expertise as far as sewing machines go is strictly related to TOY and ...
Children's Singer sewing machine2/4/2007
  Q: I just emailed you pictures of the sewing machine in reply to your request. I look forward to ...
  A: Your blue, Singer toy sewing machine dates to the 1950's and it is all original which makes it quite ...
need help11/30/2006
  Q: I have a sewing machine, that my boyfriends mom gave me and I would like to find some information ...
  A: I am sorry but as I have stated before, my expertise is not in domestic household sewing machines ...
Hudson11/30/2006
  Q: I just aquired a Sewing machine made by The Hudson Sewing Machine Co. I've never heard of them ...
  A: I am sorry but I have not heard of the Hudson Sewing Machine Company. I can recommend this website ...
heart shaped11/28/2006
  Q: What do I have? Do who know what this is and do you have any history or information. A photo has ...
  A: But, I hate to say in this care the mystery was not solved. This appears to be a shuttle of some ...
Singer sewing machine11/21/2006
  Q: I have a singer sewing machine dated 1895. Was just wondering if you have any idea how much it is ...
  A: I am sorry but it is impossible for me to state a value of an item that I have not seen. Many ...
unknown thimble11/20/2006
  Q: I have a thimble which is silver and I think enamel with a kind of white stone at the top and it has ...
  A: Yes indeed you have a Scandinavian thimble and more specifically, one made by David-Andersen, of ...
Standard treadle machine11/16/2006
  Q: I bought this machine at a garage sale,30 yrs ago,and now have no room and am thinking of selling ...
  A: Please view my question and answer sheet. You will find links to websites that will give you ...
BARCLAY SEWING MACHINE11/15/2006
  Q: I HAVE A BARCLAY SEWING MACHINE AND CAN NOT FIND ANY INFORMATION ON IT.IT IS AN OLD ROTARY MACHINE, ...
  A: I have nothing in my research about your machine I am afraid. I did however find a manual for the ...
sewing machine11/12/2006
  Q: I need to see if my sewing machine is worth anything? I read some information off of it but im not ...
  A: Without physically inspecting your sewing machine it is impossible for me to state a value. Your ...
Anker RZ sewing machine11/12/2006
  Q: We have come into possesion of this machine. I can't find information anywhere. This particular ...
  A: I have no information on the Anker RZ, I'm sorry to say. But I will transfer you to this website. ...
Sewing thread11/12/2006
  Q: I have two boxes of sewing thread From Cartier-Bresson. Each box is printed in French and contains ...
  A: I have never heard of this thread but used Google and this is what I found: "Henri Cartier-Bresson ...
finding antiques11/9/2006
  Q: my boss collected thimbles through out the years and i am selling hers on ebay. i need to find as ...
  A: You do not say what the thimbles are made from i.e. silver, bone china etc. Many of the silver and ...
Thimble10/26/2006
  Q: I have a dug Thimble that appears to be very old. Thick metal cast. Large smiling sun embossed on ...
  A: Please send me photos and also see if you can find any markings on the thimble. For instance, a ...
Antique Pin Cushion10/24/2006
  Q: I purchased a pin cushion over the weekend at a yard sale. The woman I bought it from said it was ...
  A: What you have is a vintage not antique pin cushion. The true definition of an antique is something ...
singer sewing machine10/22/2006
  Q: I have my mother in laws old singer sewing machine, and my family just went thru a flood. I am ...
  A: I received the photos, thank you. It is always beneficial for me to see what I am responding to. I ...
Standard sewing machine information required10/13/2006
  Q: To Irene from : Gilles Vayre ( France) Dear Madam. I found on a flea market last sunday this ...
  A: I will firstly tell you a little history about your machine. According to what I have been able to ...
antique sewing machine10/13/2006
  Q: I have a Standard antique sewing machine. The word Standard is on the machine itself in gold ...
  A: As a general rule, there is a value to anything but how much is the question. Antique value is ...
antique thimble10/3/2006
  Q: I was given an old thimble about 22 yrs. ago and was told it was approx. 80 yrs. old then, the ...
  A: Are you able to take a photo of your thimble? If so please send to me at: xtahoeviews@yahoo.com ...
Oriental Sewing Basket9/26/2006
  Q: I have a couple of "Oriental" sewing baskets, with beads, coins, and possibly peking glass ring on ...
  A: I have a few of these sewing baskets in my own collection and like you, have not been able to come ...
New Automatic sewing machine9/26/2006
  Q: I have just been given a treadle sewing machine that has "New Automatic" painted across the arm of ...
  A: Sorry but I have no information on your machine called "New Automatic." As I have stated before, my ...
Cleveland treadle sewing machine9/24/2006
  Q: I recently acquired a treadle sewing machine. It is marked Cleveland in gold paint on the black ...
  A: Please review my past questions and answers re: sewing machines. My expertise is in TOY machines not ...
Consew 200 Sewing Machine9/22/2006
  Q: I have inherited a Consew Model 200 Machine. I am looking for operating manuals and infor on it. If ...
  A: As I have stated in previous correspondence, my expertise when it comes to sewing machines is in ...
Spotless Teadle Sewing Machine9/20/2006
  Q: I have recently purchased a Treadle sewing machine thinking it was built by Standard, reason being ...
  A: The Standard Sewing Machine Co.,Cleveland, OH, manufactured machines and cabinets from 1884-1931. ...
Mexican Thimble9/16/2006
  Q: Ms. Irene Schwall, I am writing you for my Grandmother. She received a thimble for a friend and ...
  A: It is always most helpful to see a photo of the item in question. The thimble you have shown me is a ...
Boye Rotary Needle and Shuttle Case9/16/2006
  Q: Are you familiar with the above subject? I have one of these cases and I am trying to determine the ...
  A: This subject has been addressed in my Q & A file. Please go to my answered questions and look for: ...
singer sewing machine - old model9/14/2006
  Q: i have two sewing machines, old singer models, whit serial nr. 385802 and 3358025 and i would like ...
  A: Without actually inspecting your sewing machines it is virtually impossible to state a value. Your ...
Thimbles9/14/2006
  Q: I have two thimbles that I am curious about their value. One is from the 1939 New York World's Fair. ...
  A: I received the photos and the condition reports for your thimbles, thank you. The Sterling silver ...
Antique Singer Sewing Machine9/11/2006
  Q: I have inherited an antique Singer sewing maching and am trying to find out where I can search to ...
  A: Your best bet would be the following websites: ...
national sewing machine stitchwell mini or toy9/5/2006
  Q: i have in a wooden box a "mini"or "toy" stitchwell sewing maching by the national sewing machine co, ...
  A: It seems you have a small Stitchwell Sewing Machine and it was manufactured by the National Sewing ...
sewing machine9/1/2006
  Q: This is a Ward's brunswick vibrating treadle machine. It has glod leaves and flowers around it. It ...
  A: Without physically seeing your Montgomery Ward Brunswick machine and examining it, it is next to ...
Sewing Needle Holder8/14/2006
  Q: Morning Ms. Schwall. I have a sewing needle holder from The Boye Needle Co. that I got from my ...
  A: I received your photos, thank you. What you have is a Boye rotary needle and shuttle case. These ...
Old Sewing Machine8/2/2006
  Q: I have an old Signature sewing machine not sure of the year but the model number is UHTJ268A.Do you ...
  A: I have never heard of a Signature sewing machine, sorry. Please see additional questions and answers ...
Bruce Automatic Sewing Machine7/31/2006
  Q: I inherited my Grandmothers Bruce Automatic Sewing Machine. When I looked on the internet for any ...
  A: I am sorry but I have no additional information as it pertains to your machine other than what I ...
free sewing machine7/26/2006
  Q: trying to fing information of a free no.5 sewing maching year it was made and so on. if you have any ...
  A: I am sorry but I have no idea what a free no.5 sewing machine is. Do you have a photo of this ...
100 years old sewing machine7/5/2006
  Q: I have a Singer model 15k,serial #F770917 manufactured between July and December of 1910 in ...
  A: You seem to have found quite a bit of information on your machine by knowing the model and serial ...
advertising sewing kit?6/26/2006
  Q: a little larger then that not much,and inside it has needle thread and what i think is a hose ...
  A: These kits became very popular around the 1920's -- they more or less went out of fashion by the ...
Bruce Automatic treadle machine6/5/2006
  Q: I am looking for any information regarding a Bruce Automatic Treadle machine. It has a sticker on ...
  A: This question really had me searching the internet. I have nothing in my files relating to a BRUCE ...
sewing machines5/19/2006
  Q: I would like to know if there is a market for antique sewing machines. I have not been able to find ...
  A: No, I am not the person to contact for the sale of your antique sewing machine. You might want to ...
fleetwood super deluxe sewing machine5/16/2006
  Q: i would like to know if you know anything about the fleetwood super deluxe precision sewing machine. ...
  A: I am sorry that I am unable to help you as I deal in antique items. Most of my sewing machine ...
Singer Thimble5/13/2006
  Q: I have a 10k gold, size 7 thimble. Can you please tell me the value of the thimble? The thimble is ...
  A: A value is difficult to give on an item without seeing it regardless of how you describe it. Your ...
The New Priscilla4/29/2006
  Q: I just acquired "The New Priscilla Sewing Machine." It is a fold out table model. The cabinetry is ...
  A: I am afraid I know little about your machine other than: Your machine was made by the Priscilla ...
sewing machine4/22/2006
  Q: i have a kenmore sewing machine model 117-141 very old and was wondering if it has any worth?
  A: I really deal with antiques - items that are 100 years and older. For FYI -- Sears Roebuck began ...
Sewing Machine4/18/2006
  Q: I have an antique sewing machine that I was wondering if you could give me an estimate on. I am not ...
  A: It is however impossible for me to answer your question without specific details about your sewing ...
New to all this ! Interested in what finding out more about a piece i have bought.4/14/2006
  Q: at a recent garage sale I came across a sewing machine and cabinet. The sewing machine is a Singer ...
  A: In 1851 Isaac Merritt Singer founded the I.M. Singer Company in Boston, Mass. He patented his first ...
I have pictures This page won't let me send them4/9/2006
  Q: Can you please give me an e-mail adress where I can mail you the pics I took of my Sewing machine? ...
  A: The pictures were most helpful. Firstly, it appears that you own a lovely STANDARD sewing machine ...
age/ value ? of sewing Machine4/7/2006
  Q: I have a "STANDARD" make sewing machine built into a fold up/ down table/desk. The table/desk ...
  A: Before completing my answer to your query, can you please provide me with the following information: ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

Top Expert on this page