Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Chad Boekelheide

SubjectDate Asked
gumball machine1/17/2016
  Q: Where to find a key for a vintage Oak gumball machine ?
  A: Dana, It is all but impossible to find a key for a random lock. You have two options: either take ...
1963 Chicago Coin Spare Lite Bowling Machine6/13/2015
  Q: I have a 1963 Chicago Coin Spare-Lite bowling machine in very good condition and works. I am looking ...
  A: Joe, I can't speak about your specific machine but in general terms most of the bowling machines ...
Vintage gumball machine6/8/2015
  Q: I bought this great vintage gumball machine just yesterday but can't find any markings at all. Can ...
  A: Gallia, You have a nice machine manufactured by the Advance Machine Company. Your version was used ...
Bottom Base Plate for Columbus Gumball Machine4/16/2015
  Q: I found your name and information on the website en.allexperts.com. I am wondering if you know ...
  A: Elizabeth, Yes, you are correct. It is a Columbus Model M. Email me directly and I can provide ...
Supreme Products9/6/2014
  Q: Chad, I have two penny candy/gumball machines that I found in a barn. Not quite sure how to go ...
  A: Jordan, It sounds like you have machines manufactured by the Simpson Company. They were a popular ...
columbus model A8/29/2013
  Q: I would like to know if any one repros the aluminum chute cover
  A: Lee, I'm sure the chute flaps for Columbus A peanut machines have been recast in the past. I don't ...
Lolipop Scale6/6/2013
  Q: Need to try to figure out to whom and or what I could get for a Antique Toledo Lollipop Scale.
  A: Jason, They usually sell for $500-1000 depending upon condition. If yours is complete, working, ...
Slot Machine Glass6/6/2013
  Q: Have a bunch of slot machine glass pieces have pictures of a couple need to know approximate value ...
  A: Jason, There is not a set value for antique slot machine glass. However, I've seen them sell for ...
Pace Comet slot machine3/24/2013
  Q: I own a Pace Comet serial # ES 33299M and need to know how to adjust it so that it will pay out. ...
  A: Steve, There is not an adjustment for the payout. It sounds like a coin is jammed in the payout ...
Bobby Orr Powerplay Pinball1/30/2012
  Q: I'm looking for the backglass for the Bally Bobby Orr Power Play Pinball machine. Do you know where ...
  A: Jasmine, The first place to check would be: http://shayarcadegroup.com/index.html They make and ...
vintage scale or coin op mach9/8/2011
  Q: where can i find replacement faces for vintage coin op machines or scales if they exist. in other ...
  A: Henry, Yes, they do exist! The source for scale parts is www.pennyscale.com Email me directly ...
1954 seaburg selectomatic 100 model hf100r8/8/2011
  Q: Can you tell me what it is worth and where I might post it. It is in excellent condition. I have had ...
  A: Cynthia, Condition is everything with jukeboxes. I have seen them sell for $1000-3000 which is a ...
Model 60 Northwestern Gumball Machine2/26/2011
  Q: I am trying to determine the appropriate size gum balls for the above machine. The internal wheel ...
  A: Mark, I have found it to be trial and error finding the correct gumballs for antique machines. ...
Vendo-Rite cookie vending machine1/1/2011
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me anything about this machine I have. I think it maybe from the ...
  A: Jeffery, You are right it is from the 1950's. The machine vended a package of cookies as you would ...
gumball machine12/9/2010
  Q: I just recently inherited some old gumball machines. The first I want to ask about is a 1940 ...
  A: Steve, Northwestern and Columbus machines are plentiful. Both companies produced thousands of ...
Antique Penny Arcade Grip Tester11/3/2010
  Q: My dad has a Gottlieb Grip tester that he believes is pre-1900. Could you please provide any ...
  A: June, The grip tester your dad has usually sells for $100-300 depending upon condition. If it is ...
Roll-A-Top Slotmachine9/10/2010
  Q: I have a Roll-A-Top slotmachine and was interested in it's value. It is a five cent machine in ...
  A: Rocky, The Watling Bird of Paradise has been reproduced. Do you know if yours is an original? The ...
Ace High Pinball Machine8/24/2010
  Q: I have a 1930's Ace High Pinball machine. I believe it was made by Pierce Tool. It is in good ...
  A: Karen, If it functions, all the working parts are still with the machine. The missing door isn't ...
Vending machine8/18/2010
  Q: I would like to know the age and the value of this Columbus penny vending machine. The only thing I ...
  A: Rick, You have a Columbus Model M which was manufactured in the 1930's. They came with the round ...
PACE SLOT MACHINE6/15/2010
  Q: attached are the pictures you requested
  A: Ken, Your machine does not pay out like a slot machine. It is a called a trade stimulator. If the ...
pulver machine5/3/2010
  Q: I have a pulver machine, red case, cop with stop/go sign. It has what appears to be a modification ...
  A: Joe, The bars are inside the glass. Maybe someone mistakenly turned it around. The bars came ...
Ideal 55B Pepsi Machine Cooler4/2/2010
  Q: I have an Ideal 55B Pepsi Cooler (slider) that I have had in my garage for many years. It is in ...
  A: Robert, First let me start by saying I'm not an expert on Pepsi coolers, but I would guess it is ...
Mills 777 Slot Machine3/15/2010
  Q: I have a Mills 10 cent slot machine. The number on the case is 583026. I was told by the person I ...
  A: Don, I'm not aware of a site with that information. However, I can confirm that the machine you ...
Pinball Machine appraisal1/10/2010
  Q: I have a 1965 Gottlieb Thorobred pinball machine. It still works. Wondering what it may be worth.
  A: Charles, My pinball machine price guide lists the value at $175-500 depending upon condition. The ...
gumball machines11/13/2009
  Q: A friend game me this gumball machine years ago. I know nothing about it. Could you tell me when it ...
  A: DM, I collect coin operated machines that were manufactured prior to 1950. Your gumball machine is ...
Columbus gumball machine parts10/19/2009
  Q: I have a columbus m4 machine and the top metal piece over the glass is broken where the locking hole ...
  A: Mitch, A Columbus M is worth around $200. It may be a bit more or less depending upon condition. ...
Dale Gun Target Gallery ESCO9/27/2009
  Q: I HAVE A 48 OR 49 DALE GUN "TARGET GALLERY" PRODUCED BY EXHIBIT SUPPLY, IN GOOD WORKING ...
  A: Chad, I have seen the Dale Gun machine sell for a few hundred up to several hundred. Condition is ...
1974 Gottlieb pinball machine9/10/2009
  Q: I have a 1974 Gottleib Duotron Pinball Machine. Everything works on it. It's in good condition. The ...
  A: I would expect a Duotron to sell for around $250. Shipping makes it cost prohibitive so you need to ...
Wurlitzer Jukebox 1972 Superstar 36006/23/2009
  Q: I have attached a picture and can tell you that it probably needs a tune up, but runs. Any help you ...
  A: Jen, Let me start by saying, I'm not an expert on the 1970's jukeboxes. However, I normally see ...
pulver chewing gum machine6/13/2009
  Q: got a old pulver gum amchine at a sale it has the yellow clown and in working condution with all ...
  A: Don, Most of the pulver's were porcelain. However for a brief period the pulver company sold ...
Decal for 1 cent grip tester4/29/2009
  Q: I am restoring a D Gottlieb & Co grip tester. I need to replace the decals with new ones. Do you ...
  A: Rick, You can buy the decals at www.crowriver.com On the site go to coin op, then gumball & peanut ...
gumball machine4/16/2009
  Q: Could you tell me approx. year this was made?It has an acorn on the globe, and also acorns on the ...
  A: Your machine was manufactured in the 1980's and 1990's. I see a lot of them in auctions and on ...
Slot machine2/21/2009
  Q: How much is a real slot machine worth?
  A: Bonnie, I need more information to give a specific answer. That is like asking how much is a car ...
Available service centers2/8/2009
  Q: I have a Gottlieb Drop-A-Card pinball machine and I need to replace the rubber bumpers (large rubber ...
  A: Paul, I can't give you any specific info as to Des Moines since I'm not familiar with your area. ...
DavidGottliebAntiquePinball Machine2/2/2009
  Q: Where can I find a David Gottlieb pinball machine from the 40's or 50's with a wood cabinet? Thank ...
  A: Paul, Your bet would be www.ebay.com or the ChicagoLand coin op show that is held twice a year ...
Stoner Gum Machine1/20/2009
  Q: I recenty picked up one of these in real nice condition. It has 6 vending columns, 4 are the size ...
  A: John, Sorry, I don't know the exact product for the other two columns. However, I would have to ...
antique table jukeboxes1/12/2009
  Q: I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR LISTINGS FOR TABLETOP ANTIQUE JUKEBOXES. ALL I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING OR ...
  A: Carol, You haven't found what your are looking for, because I'm not aware of any site that ...
arcade games1/11/2009
  Q: I have a couple of games and wanted to know the value and some more information about them. The ...
  A: Lauren, I am not familiar with the Midway Bulls Eye, but would guess the value at a few hundred ...
gottlieb pinball machine1/1/2009
  Q: my aunt has a gottlieb world fair pinball machine in her basement that she bought about 30 years ago ...
  A: William, I would value a Gottlieb World Fair in the $300-750 range. Of course condition is a big ...
1948 Jennings Sun Chief11/10/2008
  Q: I own a 1948 Jennings Sun Chief slot machine and want to get a value on it for a possible sale. I ...
  A: Karen, It is worth $800-1400 depending upon condition. However, slot machine values are trending ...
vendorlator coca cola machine11/7/2008
  Q: I would like to know the value of our coke machine. The top part of the machine is cooled by a motor ...
  A: Diane, A Vendorlator 27 is worth $200-700 depending upon condition. A nice working example would ...
1953 AMI Model E 80 play8/25/2008
  Q: I have a chance to buy this Jukebox from an estate. It looks and sounds good. I haven't seen it ...
  A: Jim, I found it listed in a book for $500-1500 depending upon condition. The high price would be ...
Juke Box value8/15/2008
  Q: 1947 Wurlitzer model 1015 in "working" order. Do you have an opinion of its value.
  A: Reese, Condition is a big issue with jukeboxes. It could be worth anywhere from $2000-4500. Can ...
gumball machine7/29/2008
  Q: A recent gumball machine was sold at an auction. The description was an "original Silver King (NOS) ...
  A: New Old Stock-- which means it was never used. Sometimes gumball or peanut machines (or other ...
juke box7/29/2008
  Q: I have a rowe-ami jukebox and would like to know its value. I have only replaced speakers and ...
  A: Connie, Condition is a huge factor with jukeboxes. Thus, the price range is large. I would expect ...
gumball machine7/20/2008
  Q: Is this Silver King machine an original or restored? What would the value be? Is it from the 1940's ...
  A: Richard, Silver King's were manufactured in the 1950's. Yours has the bigger 7# globe. Most ...
ROWE AMI JUKEBOX7/13/2008
  Q: I have a Rowe AMI R-90 Jukebox I believe it is a 1986 or 1987.It is a 200 selection 45's. It works ...
  A: Craig, I'm not an expert on jukeboxes so I am not familiar with your exact model. However, I have ...
pinball machine and slot machine7/7/2008
  Q: I recently acquired a 1934 skyscraper pinball machine that essentially works but the lighting of the ...
  A: Kara, It is best to leave the machines as is and let the new buyer restore and/or fix the machine ...
1977 Seeburg Jukebox6/15/2008
  Q: At auction recently, I purchased a mint condition 1977 Seeburg Jukebox. The problem was it did not ...
  A: I have drilled out many locks. You have to drill out the center and then use a tool such as a ...
Speedball Bowler Coin-Op6/12/2008
  Q: My friend needs to sell an old coin-operated bowling machine he found in his father's basement after ...
  A: Teri, Shuffle alley bowlers usually sell for $400-700 depending upon condition. However, they can ...
United's pinball5/24/2008
  Q: My Dad has an old Bingo (I think) game called "United's Pixies". It still works and looks pretty ...
  A: I would estimate the machine to be worth a few to several hundred $'s. Pinball and bingo machines ...
1972 Williams Honey pinball machine5/22/2008
  Q: I have lost my keys to the coin door and the back glass. Do you know where I might possibly find ...
  A: It would be almost impossible to find the correct key. The best bet is to have a locksmith pick it ...
gumball machine3/2/2008
  Q: i was recently given a very old gumball machine. red stand, very very heavy stand, like iron, with ...
  A: Your machine was manufactured by Carousel. They are newer machines that are still being made today. ...
1950 shuffle alley that's never been vended2/21/2008
  Q: I've inherited my uncle's old Chicago Coin "Shuffle Alley" from 1950. It was played less than 10 ...
  A: They usually sell for $500-1000 depending upon condition. However, if yours is a super clean ...
gumball machine2/20/2008
  Q: I have an old (glass is thick and yellowing) square top gumball machine. It is for pennies ( one ...
  A: I'm not able to identify you machine with a picture. However, based upon the style and description ...
bally 5 cent slot machine2/2/2008
  Q: I have looked at a slot machine that is coming up at auction in Sandstone,Mn. The person that is ...
  A: Jon, I collect pre 1940 slot machines. I'm not an expert on the later slot machines. However, ...
Gottlieb Pinball Machine #126692/1/2008
  Q: I have a original Gottlieb (Drum Major). The history I know on the machine is it was to be ...
  A: Bea, My price guide values the machine somewhere between $100-400 depending upon condition. Your ...
Northwestern Morris1/11/2008
  Q: I like to collect old items and have aquired an older gumball machine. Everything is intact and it ...
  A: The best source for gumball/peanut machine locks is: http://www.crowriver.com/ Click on the ...
1940 groetchen sparks trade stimulator?1/6/2008
  Q: I recently acquired this machine from my fiance's grandfathers house. It looks identical to the 1940 ...
  A: Priscilla, You are right it is a Groetchen Sparks from 1940. Most Sparks machines were ...
pinball machines12/29/2007
  Q: Have 1964 gottlieb pinball flipperpool and also dolly parton 1974 i can get you more info if you ...
  A: My price guide says the following: Flipper Pool--700 machines manufactured--valued at $400-1000 ...
Possible Value of Mercury Cigarette Trade Stimulator, One cent12/28/2007
  Q: I am sorry for not making the question clear. I am trying to determine when the machine was made and ...
  A: Terry, The Mercury was made in 1939 by Groetchen Tool and Manufacturing Company. It was made with ...
1965 chicago coin top brass shuffle12/13/2007
  Q: Was wondering what a 1965 Chicago Coin Top Brass Shuffle was worth and what is the best way to sell ...
  A: Most of the shuffle games are worth $400-800 depending upon condition. The tricky part is finding a ...
honeydew gumball globe11/30/2007
  Q: This is a very old gumball machine.The decal is "HONEYDEW" I'm looking for a globe replacement. The ...
  A: David, The Honey Dew Gum Company were distributors for a large manufacturing company called ...
NORTHWESTERN MORRIS, ILL NICKELL GUMBALL MACHINE11/7/2007
  Q: I FOUND IT IN MY CELLAR. ITS RED SQUARISH GLOBE, NO STAND NO CRACKS BUT HAS SEVERAL AREAS OF RUST. ...
  A: If the globe is glass, you have a Northwestern model 60. A locksmith should be able to pick open ...
antique vending machine10/19/2007
  Q: I have an old vending machine I can find no information on. It has a label on the inside that says ...
  A: Joseph, I will need a picture to identify the machine. The label makes me think it was made by a ...
sing-a-long8/13/2007
  Q: just got a D>Gotlieb's sing0a0long pinball machine from the neighbor, where can I find info on it? ...
  A: Candi, My price guide lists the value at $450-950 depending upon condition. If it is in great shape ...
Penny Pinball Game8/12/2007
  Q: We have a vintage tabletop penny/pinball game that I'm trying to value. There is no manufacturer ...
  A: Cindy, Your pinball machine was manufactured by Buckley in 1932. My price guide lists the value at ...
antique pinball machine8/6/2007
  Q: I own a old pinball machine (nickel) that has a horseracing theme that the horses move and race ...
  A: Leslie, There are a few different horse race theme machines. I would need to see a picture to ...
pinball value7/29/2007
  Q: Have recently come into 3 P.B. Machines 1964 Gottlieb Shipmates,1972 Williams Superstar and 1975 ...
  A: My pinball price guide lists them at the following: Shipmates $125 to 525 Superstar $100 to 450 ...
peerless penny scale7/24/2007
  Q: I have a blue porcelain lollipop penny scale, and am in need of a key to open the back to adjust the ...
  A: Your best bet for the key is a locksmith. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack to find ...
King Carousel Gumball Machine7/17/2007
  Q: I work with high school kids and thought it would be fun to have a gumball machine. Since the new ...
  A: Beth, I'm not exactly sure how a Carousel opens. Does it have a lock on the top of the lid or the ...
vintage coin operated horse7/15/2007
  Q: I have a vintage coin operated horse with the coin box and key. The plate on the coin box says it ...
  A: Angie, I've seen the horse machines before but never paid a lot of attention to them. I collect ...
Antique coin op mutoscope7/13/2007
  Q: I was curious about something. I was out in NH the other day and came across a great old machine I ...
  A: Rob, Mutoscopes are nice machines. The 1920's and 30's were the heyday for most mutoscopes. ...
Zambini Fortune Teller Arcade6/20/2007
  Q: We have a Zambini Fortune Teller that my husband acquired through his work -- he is a technician for ...
  A: I collect pre 1950 machines and have no knowledge of this specific fortune teller. Vintage fortune ...
Pinball macine value6/12/2007
  Q: I have a working 1952 Gottlieb Criss cross pinball machine, and would like to find out it's value.
  A: The price guide lists a Gottlieb Criss Cross at $350-1250 depending upon condition. A working ...
Carlton Rocket Gumball machine6/11/2007
  Q: I have a penny plastic gumball machine that sits on the counter in the shape of a rocket ship with a ...
  A: The Carlton Rocket was made in the 1950's. Since they were made out of plastice, they usually are ...
antique automatic fortune telling machine6/3/2007
  Q: I am considering buying a free standing automatic fortune telling machine (Madam Zita?). i don't ...
  A: Eileen, That is a tough question without pictures or more information. An original is very hard to ...
shooter/gumball dispenser5/27/2007
  Q: you seem to be the guy in the know to ask, I have opportunity to purchase a vintage gumball ...
  A: The machine was made by Silver King and is commonly referred to as a shoot the duck by collectors. ...
1925 happy Jap White vending machine co.5/12/2007
  Q: Rariety? Price guide ?
  A: Burt, Can you send me a picture of the machine? The Happy Jap was manufactured in the early ...
Columbus Vending Machines3/31/2007
  Q: I have a Columbus vending machine that is cast aluminum. Is this a reproduction? I thought all ...
  A: Steve, Most Columbus machines were cast iron. However, there are a couple models that were made ...
victor vending gumball/card machine2/27/2007
  Q: i believe this machine is from 1958. i don't have a picture but it is made of wood and metal. the ...
  A: Your machine came with and without the baseball card vendor. It is much harder to find with the ...
replacement parts2/24/2007
  Q: I have an old northwestern peanut machine that needs a new glass globe and I'm having trouble ...
  A: Jan, There are several different Northwestern machines. Most of the Northwestern globes are ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Chad Boekelheide

Top Expert on this page