Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Robert Barnes

SubjectDate Asked
What Type of Peanuts go into an Antique Peanut Machine12/20/2010
  Q: .. I purchased a beautiful antique peanut machine from an antique mall for my husband for Christmas. ...
  A: the standard peanuts to be vended are the de-shelled dry roasted. The only problem is that the salt ...
1937 Red Top Crane11/28/2010
  Q: What is the value of this unrestored crane?
  A: pricing would really depend on condition of the machine. If you could send me a picture, I could ...
peanut dispenser10/24/2010
  Q: I have a red cast iron peanut dispenser. The base of it is scalloped.which gradually flares out to ...
  A: your machine sounds like it could be made by the Columbus Vending Company, but I would really have ...
old british penny arcade machine9/21/2010
  Q: hi i hope you can help me i have an old penny machine called shooting star it is cast iron with a ...
  A: Hey Debbie, I should be able to help you, but would really need to see a picture of the machine. ...
Zeno gum machine8/31/2010
  Q: My mother has an old zeno gum machine from 1908. She is trying to find a value. Can you help?
  A: Hey Tony, your machine looks to be in pretty nice condition. Normally these machines sell in the ...
antique gumball machine8/9/2010
  Q: I have this penny gumball machine, it seems very old. The gumball container is tube shaped, about 12 ...
  A: from your description I believe your machine is called a penny king made by the flatbrush Co. If ...
Columbus vending machine8/3/2009
  Q: I have 1 cent Columbus vending gumball / peanut machine. It has what looks like cast aluminum base ...
  A: the machine you have is a Columbus Vending Co. Model 46 due to it being aluminum. This particular ...
Gumball machine4/19/2009
  Q: We have a Bluebird Gumball machine, Pat. Apr 6, 1915 - very good condition. Wondering its value?
  A: I am the top collector of bluebird gum machines, so I would be glad to help. There were about 15 ...
gum vending machine1/23/2009
  Q: I have a northwestern penny gumball machine.It is green porcelian based and has a barrel lock. I ...
  A: Hey Richard, there are a few models it could be from your description. Vintage northwestern ...
antique penny arcade units9/21/2008
  Q: We have some really old "penny arcade" units all different motifs; they were my husband's and I am ...
  A: I would be glad to help you in any way that I can, and would be very interested in your machines. ...
Watling Rol-A-Tor3/27/2008
  Q: I am a 'picker', and just got a Watling Rol-A-Tor slot. The problem is that it is jam-packed with ...
  A: yes it would be easy to put back together if you took the two screws off. You would just not be ...
antique crane machines3/6/2008
  Q: My parent's 50th wedding anniversary is coming up, and my mom's absolute favorite memory growing up ...
  A: yes the diggers are available. They are normally between $2000 and $3000 depending on the ...
Old Slot Machine2/24/2008
  Q: I have recently been asked to help a gentleman sell a slot machine, as well as other items, that he ...
  A: you have a very nice slot machine. Please send some additional pictures to my e-mail address and I ...
looking to sell2/19/2008
  Q: I've researched and can find nothing on this piece. Anything you can offer would be greatly ...
  A: Hey Greg, you have a very nice piece. Could you give me a call at 630-408-8808. I would be ...
antique coin op,slots,tradestim,arcade1/31/2008
  Q: We bought back when repos were not yet around. We have aprx 27 slots all original no repro ...
  A: I would be happy to help. I am very knowledgeable in the coinop field. Chicago Show is still going ...
antique gumball machine10/9/2007
  Q: i was given this gumball machine when my mother was moving and was cleaning out her storage. i know ...
  A: you have a very nice machine. What you have is a Norris Master Gumball/Peanut machine. They were ...
columbus peanut machine9/19/2007
  Q: I purchased a Columbus peanut machine,someone had repainted it bright red.It has a octagon globe and ...
  A: you are talking to the right person. I am the number one Columbus Collector in the US. The correct ...
Chas Fey and Son Trade Stimulator8/10/2007
  Q: I have just recently come across what I believe is a (1907?) "On The Square" Trade Stimulator made ...
  A: Hey Myke, please e-mail me a picture of the machine you have and I will tell you all about it. ...
Columbus Model E7/30/2007
  Q: I have a Columbus Model E 1 Cent machine in working condition with globe, 2 small brass padlocks, ...
  A: Hey Larry, that is a very hard to find machine. To give you the value I would have to see pictures ...
Penny Gumball Machine7/24/2007
  Q: I am interested in purchasing an antique gumball machine from ebay. The ebay description is copied ...
  A: I looked up the machine on ebay, and that seems to be a pretty fair price even at the $99. They are ...
appraisor7/10/2007
  Q: A family member is looking to sell an extensive collection of ball gum and other penny vending ...
  A: Hey John, there are really no official appraisers for gum ball or vending machines. There are ...
selling pinball machine6/28/2007
  Q: I would like to know where I could list a pinball machine for sale besides e-bay? It is a Gottlieb ...
  A: Hey John, the best place I know of to sell a pinball is http://www.xmission.com/~daina/classified/ ...
Vending Machine Information6/16/2007
  Q: About fifty years ago, there used to be a vending machine in the bus terminal in Charlottesville, ...
  A: those are very cool machines. They were made back in the 30's up to even now there are new versions ...
Trade stimulator6/14/2007
  Q: I have a nickel machine that operates as a roulette wheel for trade. It seems to be made by Fey&Co ...
  A: Hey Todd, that is a very nice machine. Please send me a picture when you get a chance and I will ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Robert Barnes

Top Expert on this page