Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert The Wicker Woman®-Cathryn Peters

SubjectDate Asked
Wicker4/11/2016
  Q: I have several pieces of wicker I would love to know more about. Hoping you can identify them and ...
  A: From the pictures you attached, the chairs are made of paper fibre rush wicker from the late 1920s, ...
vintage stroller3/23/2016
  Q: I have this very nice wicker stroller which I do not know the manufacture, however it is very nice ...
  A: What you have there is a Lloyd Loom doll or baby buggy (I can't tell size from the pictures), that ...
Heywood Wakefield Chair2/24/2016
  Q: "Hello Ms. 'Wicker Woman". I hope that you may be able to help me in determining the age and value ...
  A: What a lovely, original stained and lacquered finish Heywood-Wakefield chair you have there! Most ...
sir lanka chair2/2/2015
  Q: Sorry if you received this post twice--I went to attache pics and my original post disappeared. I ...
  A: What an interesting chair, I've never seen a hole-to-hole chair seat woven like that before in the ...
F.A. Whitney wicker baby carriage5/12/2014
  Q: I have a wicker baby carriage made by the F.A. Whitney Carriage Company that needs restoration. I ...
  A: What an unusual wicker baby buggy that is. I've never seen the combination of the wicker hood and ...
Wicker double chair5/1/2014
  Q: What could I sell this piece for?
  A: First of all, I do not give appraisals and whether you know it or not, that's what you are asking ...
Wicker Hamper4/24/2014
  Q: Can you tell me anything about this wicker hamper made by the F.A. Whitney Carriage Co.? My mother ...
  A: I can't tell from the picture exactly what the material used to create this lovely little vanity ...
repair of 5 cane armchairs4/13/2014
  Q: Can you recommend a person/business that repairs cane armchairs in the Las Vegas Nevada area? Thanks ...
  A: You can search on my National Furniture Repair Directory to see if there's a chair caning repair ...
protecting / preventing fading sun damage4/11/2014
  Q: I have two collecible wicker mid century chairs that I would like to proctect / preserve from sun ...
  A: Sorry for not answering sooner, but I missed this question until now. Without seeing a picture of ...
caned rocking chair3/9/2014
  Q: I purchased this rocking chair and was hoping you could tell me what type of chair this is and maybe ...
  A: Actually your lovely rocker is not a caned rocker, but rather a wicker rocker, circa 1898-1910. ...
Can you date a wicker chair in a photo?3/5/2014
  Q: I am trying to identify the family member in this a picture. I was wondering if it is possible to ...
  A: How wonderful that you are trying to do the genealogy of your family and using this great picture as ...
protecting small basket2/14/2014
  Q: We have a little basket that was woven by our 15 year old son in 1986 when he was in the hospital ...
  A: I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved son and can certainly understand why you'd ...
antique dining room chair/cane bottom9/7/2013
  Q: I am not certain of what type of chair I have. I have researched some, but can not finding my chair. ...
  A: I'm not certain about what style chair this is if that's what you are looking for. But it is a newer ...
wicker replacement8/27/2013
  Q: Who can replace the wicker in a Lloyd/Flanders Heirloom high back rocker?
  A: Check with the wicker and chair caning repair experts on my National Furniture Repair Directory for ...
Child's wicker goose rocker8/21/2013
  Q: I'm restoring a wicker goose rocker in fair condition and would like to know about how old it is, ...
  A: Oh what a darling wicker goose child's rocker that is! I've never seen one exactly like it before, ...
Learning wicker repair7/29/2013
  Q: I have no experience in repairing wicker furniture, thought I should give you my level of experience ...
  A: Christine, Can you attach some pictures of your new wicker pieces, that would help me a lot in ...
Wicker Buggy7/21/2013
  Q: I have the attached wicker buggy that I would like to restore and I'm not sure where to start. The ...
  A: What you have there is a very lovely Lloyd Loom baby buggy from about the 1925s-1930s with what does ...
cane chair6/17/2013
  Q: Cathryn, I'm hoping you can tell me about two chairs I purchased from a thrift store. I don't see ...
  A: Your cane/wicker chairs appear to be well constructed and made using rattan pole and bamboo strips ...
wicker sofa and chair6/11/2013
  Q: I have a wicker sofa and chair marked Heywood-Wakefield. I have had the set for about 18 years and ...
  A: So sorry to hear about your wicker set in need of some TLC, but you are on the right track to take ...
Wicker set11/29/2012
  Q: Good morning, I have been tasked with selling this beautiful set however, I do not know its origins, ...
  A: This set is quite lovely and interesting with the large, slopping backs and look to be in excellent ...
Information on refurbishig a rattan baby buggy11/10/2012
  Q: I puchased this buggy in southen Germany and would like to have it refurbished to be used as a ...
  A: Gwen that's a lovely baby buggy you have there, but I don't know of anyone in Germany that does ...
wicker baby carriage10/30/2012
  Q: Recently I restored a wicker baby carriage from parts my dad had stored in his basement for years. ...
  A: Hmmm so Jim, you put this together using parts your Dad had in the basement? Do you know if they are ...
Late 1800 Wicker High Chair10/21/2012
  Q: I recently purchased this wicker high chair at a sale it is in reasonably great shape I was told it ...
  A: What a lovely wicker youth or child's highchair you have there! Did you get a good deal on it? If ...
Heywood Bros. & Co.10/7/2012
  Q: Our search leads us to believe this chair was produced between 1861 and 1897. The (Red paper) label ...
  A: What a lovely wicker piece you have there. Your research is correct in that this red paper ...
Lloyd baby buggy wheels4/15/2012
  Q: I have a Lloyd wicker baby buggy that was my Great grandma’s, passed down to my grandma them mom and ...
  A: I wrote about a source for buggy wheels a long time ago here on AllExperts, but can't remember who ...
Wicker Sewing Rocker4/8/2012
  Q: I purchased this sewing rocker in an antique shop. Bottome reads Murphy Company in Detroit No. 438. ...
  A: There were many, many companies actively pursuing this popular furniture line in its heyday and the ...
Ratan backed lounge suite4/4/2012
  Q: My mother-in-law has a lounge suite and we would like some information on its origin, age and how ...
  A: Your couch and chairs look to be in very good condition and probably very comfortable. They have ...
Chair caning style3/20/2012
  Q: We just inherited a few pieces from my wife's aunt and amongst them there is this chair with a ...
  A: What a lovely cane back chair you have there and it's in fine condition. Although the style is old ...
LLOYDS STROLLER3/5/2012
  Q: I FOUND THIS STROLLER AT A YARD SALE AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE IT AND CANNOT FIND ANY INFO ON IT. ...
  A: How wonderful for you to have found a Lloyd Loom baby buggy at the yard sale. Actually this was a ...
wicker baby carriage2/28/2012
  Q: I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about my antique wicker baby carriage(age, maker, ...
  A: Kathy, You have a very nice Lloyd Loom carriage there from about the late 1920s early 1930s, that ...
antique wicker rocker circa 18802/20/2012
  Q: I bought this rocker from a friend's estate. I just thought it was pretty. When I saw an appraisal ...
  A: Yes, your rocker is definitely from the 1880s, especially if the Wakefield Rattan Company ...
Antique Wicker Bassinet2/15/2012
  Q: I am the keeper and protector of a wicker bassinet, made in England in the 1800's. Everyone, ...
  A: Sorry to hear about the damage to your wicker bassinet first of all. Without seeing a picture of ...
heywood wakefield sewing stand2/5/2012
  Q: I was wondering if you could help me age a green sewing stand that has a red and cream label on the ...
  A: Wish you had included a picture of the Heywood Brothers and Wakefield Company paper label, but ...
Heywood Wakefield Labels1/15/2012
  Q: I recently saw an antique wicker sewing stand with a porcelain Heywood Wakefield label attached. ...
  A: I've never seen a porcelain label for the Heywood Wakefield wicker furniture and I'm wondering if ...
Family wicker rocking chair1/9/2012
  Q: Peters, I have attached a picture of a rocker which has been passed to me from my Grandparents who ...
  A: You are lucky to have something like this wicker rocker to remember your grandparents by, many are ...
age and type of wicker chair12/30/2011
  Q: I picked up this beautiful wicker chair years ago at an antique market. It is in excellent condition ...
  A: So sorry SK, but the photo attached with the green cushion on the wicker chair has bad lighting and ...
chaise lounge12/6/2011
  Q: could you give me iformation on this piece please?
  A: What a lovely cane chaise lounge you have there! I can't tell for sure from the picture you sent ...
Llyod doll/ baby carriage12/1/2011
  Q: I am wondering if you found the answers to your questions. I also have one of these I need ...
  A: I don't quite understand what you mean here about getting answers to my questions? I don't have any ...
Old Rocking Chair11/10/2011
  Q: I was wondering if this would be worth anything. People tell me it is but I have no idea! It's in ...
  A: Trish, I am not certified to give wicker furniture appraisals and as I stated in my bio, do not ...
wicker luggage11/1/2011
  Q: I have two small suitcases in wicker, very basic but in good condition, the only problem is that the ...
  A: Since you didn't attach a picture of your wicker suitcases, I don't know what type of material was ...
Chair rushing10/24/2011
  Q: I have a chair that currently has a rushing seat that is wearing out. I ordered tape weaving from ...
  A: First of all what did H.H. Perkins advise you to do concerning the flat not round rungs? Since you ...
pie cooler10/2/2011
  Q: dont know if u could anser this for me but i am just looking for an approx. year that this was ...
  A: What you have is a very nice wicker pie "caddy" or stand and it is antique, your friend was right! ...
Antique Wicker Rocker2/20/2011
  Q: I purchased this wicker rocker from a flea market in Roswell, NM ten years ago. There is no ...
  A: Toni, This is a lovely example of Victorian wicker, actually made around the early to mid 1880s! ...
caning concave back queen anne style rocking chair2/13/2011
  Q: I am experinced at caning. I have done many chairs. This is my first attempt at a conconve back.I am ...
  A: So sorry to hear that you are having problems with the complex curve back in the cane chair. The ...
Wicker baby carriage2/9/2011
  Q: I found a question you answered for Kris Shaw on 10/8/2009 about her antique wicker baby carriage. ...
  A: I had a bit of difficulty finding the post you were referring to about the reed wicker buggy, ...
old rocker needs repair2/8/2011
  Q: I just purchased this rocker at a garage sale. Its in really nice shape over all, but the back and ...
  A: How lucky of you to pick up this nice 1930s Art Deco style paper wicker rocker. I can just barely ...
fibre rushing a chair2/7/2011
  Q: I have been re-rushing chairs in fiber rush for nearly ten years. Despite the practice, I continue ...
  A: No, there are no rushing machines that are doing the weaving that I know of. And there are some ...
wicker sofa and chair2/7/2011
  Q: I would like some information on the period of a sofa and two chairs I have from mother-in-law. Can ...
  A: Lovely couch you have there and it looks to be in excellent condition. However, if we are to get ...
painted wicker2/6/2011
  Q: I've obtained an antique wicker sofa. Unfortunately, it's suffered from poor paint job. There are ...
  A: Johanna, So sorry to hear about the bad paint job on your wicker sofa. You didn't mention what ...
Cane Chair from late 19th Century??2/4/2011
  Q: I have a set of 5 chairs that as the story goes, were bought new by a family member back in the late ...
  A: Yes in fact this set is from the 1870s-1890s and are in excellent condition and look to be in the ...
Unusually ornate wicker/cane/wood1/30/2011
  Q: I'm guessing these pieces are reproductions of antique victorian-type sunroom furniture because they ...
  A: From what I can see from the one picture you attached, this settee does look to be a reproduction, ...
chair caning and re-glueing the chair rounds1/29/2011
  Q: I have very old dining table chairs, cane bottoms need redoing and the old glue in all the spokes, ...
  A: Sorry to hear that your chairs are all coming unglued and the caning needs to be rewoven. I'm happy ...
antique wicker baby buggy1/25/2011
  Q: Where can i get the wood wheels on my buggy retired or edged with the rubber? It has broken off ...
  A: Having the rubber cracking and falling off of the old antique buggy wheels is a very common problem. ...
wicker desk1/23/2011
  Q: We have a wicker desk and chair set that was my husband's mother's. The label on the desk ...
  A: The desk and chair set were made using the Lloyd Loom to weave the "fabric" and then it was applied ...
lloyds -heywood wakefield wicker rocker1/22/2011
  Q: Can you tell me anything about this rocker. The label on the bottom says 'Lloyds baby and carreige ...
  A: You have a very nice Lloyd Loom rocker from the late 1920s-1930s, made by the Heywood-Wakefield ...
wicker baby stroller1/21/2011
  Q: I have a wicker baby stroller that my grandfather bought at a farm auction for me when I was a baby. ...
  A: How lucky is that for you to have a family heirloom piece like that given to you from your ...
Wicker Baby Carriage Restoration1/21/2011
  Q: I have a wicker baby carriage that needs restoring. I have no clue where to begin or who to get to ...
  A: What a great Lloyd Loom wicker baby buggy you have there! Looks like from what I see in the picture, ...
Help - old wicker chair1/16/2011
  Q: None of the family seen to know where or when they got this chair – how old it is – who made it or ...
  A: How nice that you were able to get a family heirloom rocker that probably means a great deal to you ...
Storing an wicker bassinet1/16/2011
  Q: We have a wicker bassinet that has been passed down through my family. Now that my youngest is ...
  A: Could you please attach a picture of your wicker bassinet so I can see what we are dealing with, ...
Wicker pieces1/13/2011
  Q: We have come into possession of four old wicker pieces through an estate sale after an elderly woman ...
  A: From what I can tell by the photo you attached, you have a really nice reproduction wicker set. The ...
wicker basket1/11/2011
  Q: i have this wicker basket from my Grandmother!i know it needs cleaned and a couple if minor repairs! ...
  A: How nice that you've gotten a family heirloom handed down to you from your grandmother. But as ...
Heywood Wakefield chair1/6/2011
  Q: I have a Heywood Wakefield chair that I cannot find any information on. It is in overall good shape ...
  A: How do you know that this is a Heywood-Wakefiled chair, is there a manufacturer's label? And if so, ...
Heywood Merrill Caned Chair1/5/2011
  Q: I have a cane bottom chair with wicker weaving on the back. It has a label on it that says Heywood ...
  A: Looks like you have a lovely pressed cane seat chair there, but is it possible that you've ...
Withrow Mfg Oriole Stroller12/24/2010
  Q: I have one of these strollers that has a broken leg, as an antique should it be repaired? Or is it ...
  A: Absolutely have the broken leg fixed by an expert woodworker. The broken leg is not going to do you ...
hideabed12/23/2010
  Q: round wicker? ends. "ROME QUALITY" pop up pull out. all metal other than the ends. 6.5 feet long
  A: Bernie, With just the little bit you put in the Question field, I haven't a clue as to what you are ...
Query re Heywood Bros Chair12/4/2010
  Q: I have looked at the current Heywood Wakefield website and understand the limitations they face in ...
  A: What an interesting Heywood Brothers cane chair set you have there! Besides the escutcheons, was ...
wicker repair12/4/2010
  Q: My antique wicker is pulling away from the nails that hold it on to the frame is there any way of ...
  A: Geri, sorry to hear your wicker is pulling away from the nails on the frame, but I'd need to see ...
chair seat12/2/2010
  Q: So we know it's not a *new* chair. :-) The other two kids got some of these chairs, too, so it ended ...
  A: How nice that you received a wicker seat chair as a family heirloom, but really too bad that the ...
Wicker Chair11/24/2010
  Q: I have a small wicker chair and want to know if it is an antique. It is very ornate, lots of curles ...
  A: I'd be happy to answer your question about your wicker chair, but without a picture it's impossible ...
"Fishtail" rocker11/19/2010
  Q: This chair has been in our family for probably over 100 years. We recently had it refurbished and ...
  A: I have never heard of a rocker like the one you possess referred to as a "fishtail" rocker. This ...
baby buggy info11/18/2010
  Q: Here are better pictures of the baby buggy. I purchased about 20 years ago from a second ...
  A: Judy, I'm sorry to disappoint you, because I'm sure you were hoping this wicker doll buggy was an ...
info of baby carriage11/18/2010
  Q: I have a vintage baby carriage and cannot seem to find information of when or by whom this carriage ...
  A: Sorry Judy, but from the small out of focus picture you attached, I can't tell whether this is an ...
Heyward-Wakefield Fainting couch11/16/2010
  Q: when it was made. There is still a label underneath but it is not legible anymore. When I bought it ...
  A: You didn't attach a photo here to your inquiry about your wicker fainting couch, and since the ...
Wicker settee11/11/2010
  Q: I was given this wicker settee recently and though in need of some care, I really like the design of ...
  A: How nice that you were given this wicker settee, looks like it's in great shape, so should give you ...
repost with pictures11/11/2010
  Q: "I have looked all over the Internet and have not seen another rocker with genuine bamboo runners. ...
  A: that really helps. The rockers are not made of bamboo, which is hollow, but rather from the rattan ...
wicker11/6/2010
  Q: I have recently purchased a old buggy, horse & buggy type. It has a wicker type seat. I want to ...
  A: Is the entire cab of the buggy made out of wicker? Are the sides and back also woven, or just the ...
Wicker Chair.11/5/2010
  Q: Just wondering what age our chair is?
  A: Based on the manufacturer's label that you sent the photo of, the Heywood Brothers & Company was in ...
Wicker furniture11/2/2010
  Q: Based on attached picture of a wicket furniture set, could you please tell me approximately the ...
  A: As stated on my bio, I do not give appraisals, which is what you are asking when determining value, ...
wicker furniture10/26/2010
  Q: I have two wicker chairs, one a rocker. They are from the Karpen line of furniture, identified with ...
  A: Juanita, were you unable to post a picture of your Karpen wicker pieces because of a problem here on ...
rocking chair10/11/2010
  Q: i have a rocking chair and it says 130 of 1000 made <green>,can you tell me what that means or who ...
  A: Corine, Most likely the writing on the bottom of your wicker rocker was done by the person that put ...
Is this wicker chaise old?10/10/2010
  Q: My wife and I were out for a Sunday drive today and came across this wicker chaise on the street. ...
  A: Well, as a matter of fact this is the only place that I answer wicker questions on a volunteer ...
wicker baby stroller10/10/2010
  Q: I bought this at a yard sale today and was wondering what it may be worth. The only name i can find ...
  A: Sorry, but as I state in my bio here on AllExperts.com, I am not a certified wicker furniture ...
Carriage? Stroller?10/7/2010
  Q: i was wondering if you can tell me about this item. it has been in our family for quite a long time. ...
  A: Sorry Alex, but I'm not able to tell you too much about your lovely carriage from the picture. The ...
Antique wicker doll buggy10/3/2010
  Q: I have a antique doll buggy with wire spoke and rubber tires. It belonged to my mother and now I ...
  A: Yes, I think that a bicycle shop would be your best bet to get the wire wheeled spokes repaired, ...
wicker1/28/2010
  Q: This rocking chair is at least 100 years old, and am taking the accumulated dirt and old paint from ...
  A: How nice that you have such an old piece of our wicker furniture history and want to care for it. ...
Chair origin1/26/2010
  Q: I would like to know if this chair is old and origin. Have had for years and don't know value.
  A: This is a lovely piece, but just by the one picture of your chair and not being able to inspect it ...
antique wicker chair1/24/2010
  Q: I have no idea how old or what type of wicker chair this is. Ive searched and cannot find any with ...
  A: Debbie, I'd like to help you out here, but without a picture I have no idea of the type of wicker ...
Resin wicker1/20/2010
  Q: I recently bought a nice set of dark brown resin wicker, however, one of the legs is unraveled. It ...
  A: So sorry Sue, but I don't know of any place you can buy the resin wicker at all here in the States. ...
Chair Caning1/18/2010
  Q: We have a couple dining room chairs that need caning; they are beyond repair. Can you recommend ...
  A: You can go to my domain website's Furniture Repair Directory and check in the Chair ...
Needlepoint chair9/16/2009
  Q: I am trying to find out some info as too the age of this chair, the kind of wood and if the ...
  A: This is not in my area of expertise, however I too think it's made out of oak, from what I can see ...
Rocking chair4/10/2009
  Q: My father purchased a chair years ago at an auction. The chair was in need of repair when he bought ...
  A: How fortunate for you that you have this unusual rocker, it's totally woven wicker, correct? It's ...
doll carriage4/8/2009
  Q: I have a wicker doll carriage that the handle has broken. It is not wicker, but some sort of wood. I ...
  A: I'm flattered you contacted me about repairing your wicker doll carriage handle. But without a ...
how to condion chair4/7/2009
  Q: found these chairs and table ,would like to condition them before we use them .What do I do thanks ...
  A: Brian, How lucky were you to find these chairs and the table! How many chairs were there and could ...
Wicker Sewing Stand4/6/2009
  Q: This stand was made by Heywood Wakefield. Can you date it for me and perhaps any value it might ...
  A: What a nice sewing stand you have there! Although it's not overly fancy and elaborate, it is very ...
wicker doll buggy3/31/2009
  Q: my wife has a wicker doll buggy that she was given for doing some work when she lived in brainerd ...
  A: How nice to hear that your wife was given the gift of the wicker doll buggy, but without seeing a ...
Lloyd baby carriage3/28/2009
  Q: I have a Lloyd wicker baby carriage,,and it has a serial number of 1115 on the tag,,,was wondering ...
  A: Without a picture of your Lloyd Loom baby carriage, I can't tell you too much about it. And I'm not ...
repair arm on a chair3/22/2009
  Q: Enjoyed reading your answer section and your web site as I have always loved wicker furniture! I ...
  A: Congratulations on doing this wicker repair yourself, and thanks for the kind words about wicker! ...
wicker rocking chair3/22/2009
  Q: I have a wicker rocking chair and I'am unable to find any info about the manufecture. The metal tag ...
  A: Off the top of my head the name Hardour Longmere is not familiar. Could you please attach a picture ...
antique school (?) chair3/21/2009
  Q: I would like to know the history/age of this chair. I believe that the stamp on the bottom says ...
  A: What a lovely school house double cane seat chair you have there! This is what I found out for you ...
wicker love seat3/13/2009
  Q: I have this wicker love seat and on the back it has this metal tag that says pat process lloyd ...
  A: DeeDee, Two of the pictures have come through, but they are really, really small. But if what you ...
wicker sofa3/13/2009
  Q: i dont know how to send this picture through this but if you give me your email address i can post ...
  A: DeeDee, You post or attach a picture here just the same way as you would through an email. In fact, ...
Photographers bench3/11/2009
  Q: We have a wicker photography bench that has been in our family since 1905 plus or minus. I was ...
  A: Brian, What a wonderful wicker chair, made especially so by the family provenance! Have you looked ...
reconditioning old porch rockers3/10/2009
  Q: I have 2 old porch rockers, one has a bamboo type cane seat and the other a fiber/rope looking seat. ...
  A: Shirley, you've not given me enough information really, to help you out here. Please send digital ...
wicker chaise3/5/2009
  Q: I have a wicker chaise I paid 60.00 for, it is in excellent condition with the exception of a couple ...
  A: Oh my gosh LeAnna, you have an exceptional wicker chaise lounge there, with a magazine rack and ...
wicker chase3/2/2009
  Q: Good Day Cathryn, I have aquired a wicker chase in almost perfect condition, it has the original ...
  A: I've already answered your first question about this chaise lounge, didn't you receive it in your ...
restoring a wicker rocker2/28/2009
  Q: I have an antique wicker rocker that has been on a porch for years. The paint is cracked and in ...
  A: You have a very nice Bar Harbor rocker there that just needs a bit of TLC with repairing the broken ...
wicker doll buggy colors2/28/2009
  Q: some of them have so many layers of paint that it is hard to deside what the original was . Can you ...
  A: Charles, Aren't collecting all those wicker buggies from the 1920s-1950s fun? Sounds like most of ...
Wicker chest repair2/28/2009
  Q: I have a 50-year old wicker weave chest -- 36 X 19 X 20 -- that needs repair. Appreciate suggestions
  A: Sorry John, but with so many different kinds of materials and designs used in creating wicker ...
Victorian era wicker baby carriage2/14/2009
  Q: The mother-in-law's estate includes many antique and vintage items. Unfortunately, my husband and I ...
  A: Oh Katherine, You have an excellent representation of the Victorian era baby carriage or ...
Wicker Lamp?2/13/2009
  Q: I 'm not sure if this lamp I got at a garage sale is wicker,rattan, bamboo, or even any of those. I ...
  A: Based on the picture you enclosed, I'd say your lamp was probably made in the 1970s or perhaps a bit ...
Are they valuable?1/24/2009
  Q: I bought 4 of these chairs with my first home 24 years ago...I don't know how old they are. Are ...
  A: My, my but you have a wonderful set of walnut cane chairs with arms there! I take it all the chairs ...
wicker rocking chair1/19/2009
  Q: Peters, I have attached a picture of wicker chair that was rmoved from a deceased Aunt in Maine. ...
  A: What a nice paper fibre rocker from the 1930s you have there! Looks to be in fairly good shape from ...
Antique Lincoln Rocker1/17/2009
  Q: I have read your site with interest. I inherited a hardwood horsehair swan rocker (1860 era) that I ...
  A: or were you referring to the questions and answers here on AllExperts.com? What a wonderful piece ...
wicker rocking chair1/9/2009
  Q: my wife purchaced an old rocking chair, has a wicker seat. holes where the wicker goes into the ...
  A: How wonderful that you found such a nice rocker for so little money, what a great find! If this ...
Wicker canopy bed1/6/2009
  Q: I have a wicker canopy bed where the entire bed is wicker. My mom bought it for me 26 years ago and ...
  A: Denise, How wonderful and unique that you have a wicker canopy bed! Could you please attach a ...
wicker childrens doll carriage11/21/2008
  Q: do you know anything about O.W. Siebert Children's Vehicles? I have a carriage and was seeking more ...
  A: Sorry Jimmy, but I don't know anything specifically about the O.W. Siebert Children's Vehicles, but ...
3 Wicker Chairs11/13/2008
  Q: I was considering buying 3 wicker chairs for $75.00 in order to resell. I have attached pictures. ...
  A: Laurie, do you mean that you are buying all three of these wicker chairs/rockers for $75? If so, ...
Bloch Wicker Baby Buggy11/11/2008
  Q: I have a Bloch Wicker Baby Buggy and I have no idea how much it is worth. Can you give me an idea?
  A: Oh Michelle, that's a wonderful Victorian reed wicker baby buggy from about the 1890s! I can't tell ...
Antique baby carriage10/31/2008
  Q: I recently purchased an Antique baby carriage dated around early 1900s. The label on the bottom says ...
  A: I'm sorry but I can't give you much information about your buggy either, especially without seeing a ...
Wicker Bloch Go-Cart Company10/12/2008
  Q: Please direct me to additional information about the Bloch Go-Cart Company in Egg Harbor, NJ We were ...
  A: How interesting Dave, that your father worked in the wicker Bloch Go-Cart factory in Egg Harbor! I'm ...
antique wicker doll carriage10/9/2008
  Q: First, thank you in advance for your help. I am impressed with your knowledge and your rating! I am ...
  A: we'll see if we can also help you out with your lovely doll carriage. The picture of your doll ...
Wicker doll buggy10/6/2008
  Q: How do you clean a vintage wicker doll buggy? Do you use linseed oil to put back some moisture into ...
  A: For help with your wicker buggy questions you can go to my website at WickerWoman.com and read the ...
small armless rocker10/4/2008
  Q: I'm trying to identify and find the value of a small armless wood rocker with cane seat and back. ...
  A: There are possibly some experts on wooden or cane furniture here that would give you an appraisal, ...
Fiber Weve Pram8/28/2008
  Q: I have my Mom's old "doll buggy". I am just trying to get an idea of the age. I know it dates back ...
  A: How nice it is that you have a family heirloom that was your mother's, something to always remember ...
seat weaving8/21/2008
  Q: I have a ladder back chair that needs the seat repaired, it is hand weaved and just needs the front ...
  A: Well, it just so happens that I set up a Furniture Repair Directory on my website in 2004 just for ...
Wicker doll buggy8/18/2008
  Q: I have my mom's wicker doll buggy from the 1920's. It needs a minor amount of repair - the wicker ...
  A: Mary Lou, 8/25/08 Follow-up: Did you want to send me a picture through AllExperts so I can examine ...
Lloyd loom wicker dressing table, vanity or desk8/17/2008
  Q: I have a wicker Lloyd loom wicker dressing table, vanity or desk. It is marked on the underneath ...
  A: Mimi, This looks like a writing table to me, but you could use it as anything you want. Are there ...
wicker furniture8/13/2008
  Q: I have a 3 piece bedroom set, circa early 1950 consisting of blanket box, bedside cabinet and chair. ...
  A: Please enclose a picture of your bedroom set so we can further discuss this. Most Lloyd Loom pieces ...
Lloyd Loom Patio Set8/11/2008
  Q: We have a Lloyd Loom Patio Set, much like this one: ...
  A: Sorry Malinda, but as I stated in my bio, I do not give appraisals and that's what you are asking ...
Heywood-Wakefield patio set8/11/2008
  Q: I have a Heywood Wakefield patio set which is quite old. It may be from the 40's but I am not ...
  A: Debra, I need to ask you a few questions first about your set. Is this a set of wicker ...
school/desk chair with woven seat8/9/2008
  Q: I have an adult-size two-armed school chair (rt arm forms a desktop), with woven seat in a ...
  A: I'm sorry Mary, but without a picture I can't tell you much of anything. Can you send one through ...
Heywood Bros & Co No 2658/9/2008
  Q: I have acquired this chair in England the label is in Red written in ink "No 265 (then a signature) ...
  A: Your Heywood Bros. & Co. wicker chair was made around the late 1880s, on into the early 1890s. But ...
victorian wicker pram8/8/2008
  Q: i love the wicker pram in the picture and i was woindering if you are willing to sell it and for how ...
  A: I don't know who you are addressing your question to, or what wicker pram you are referring to, but ...
lloyd loom8/6/2008
  Q: I have a doll carrage about 80 to 100 yrs old I would like to know a little more about it and a ball ...
  A: Without a picture of your Lloyd Loom doll carriage the only thing I can tell you is that the Lloyd ...
Heywood Bros & Wakefield8/4/2008
  Q: I have a Day bed with a label that reads Heywood Bros. & Wakefield. Baltimore, MD. It has wooden ...
  A: What a lovely piece you have there, Sandra. Looks like it's from the 1898-1900s period. There are ...
Set of Cane back chairs8/4/2008
  Q: I have inherited through family a set of cane back chairs that may be antiques. I am looking to find ...
  A: Amy, Without getting more information from you regarding these chairs or at least a picture of ...
Heywood Wakefield Desk Refinishing ?7/15/2008
  Q: I picked up a Heywood Brothers and Wakefield Co. table/desk at a second hand shop.(Black print on ...
  A: Kimberly, No, you are not being long winded at all, I appreciate the detail, makes me able to give ...
cane chair/rocker7/15/2008
  Q: I have the opportunity to get two cane chairs for FREE. One of them is a rocker and they appear to ...
  A: From what I can see from the picture you sent, the rocker does indeed seem to be of good quality and ...
S. Karpen Bros. "wicker"?7/10/2008
  Q: My Mother and Father have several pieces of "Lloyd Loom" wicker that date back at least as far as a ...
  A: Would there be any chance of you sending me a picture of the 1909 picture with the wicker furniture ...
Heywood Wakefield Chair7/10/2008
  Q: I have 2 matching Heywood Wakefield Chairs. I would just like to get some information on them. I ...
  A: Do these wicker chairs have the manufacturer's label on the back or underside, is that why you ...
Care of an antique wicker rocker3/10/2008
  Q: We have a child's wicker rocker that is about 90 years old. The wicker is drying out and breaking. ...
  A: You neglected to tell me what kind of wicker material was used in the construction of your child's ...
Wicker/Cane Black Chair2/29/2008
  Q: I recently found this chair at a thrift shop. Thought it looked interestin because of its shape. ...
  A: What a lovely RUSH seated chair you have there, and the shape is very interesting, I can certainly ...
Victorian Wicker Pram2/11/2008
  Q: Would you know if there is a market for this item? We are wanting to sell.
  A: Yes I do believe there's a market for this Victorian perambulator, specifically with original finish ...
Cane Chairs2/5/2008
  Q: I have six what I think used to be called "Ice Cream Chairs," that are at least 75 years old and ...
  A: How lucky you are to have a complete set of six of these icecream chairs, still with their original ...
Wicker Suitcase2/4/2008
  Q: This site is very helpful. It sounds like I have a similar suitcase like the one you mention. It ...
  A: I'm glad you are enjoying the site and finding my information on wicker furniture helpful. How ...
Child's Rocking Chair w/ wicker seat1/31/2008
  Q: I am attaching an image of this child's rocker that has been in my family since early 1900. It does ...
  A: What a darling little cane seat wooden rocker you have there! And it's nice to hear that it's a ...
wicker folding chair1/28/2008
  Q: I have a wicker folding chair and was wondering if you know anything about this.
  A: What a lovely folding wicker chair you have there! It looks to be in excellent shape, with the ...
6 chairs and I don't know what to call them1/28/2008
  Q: I inherited 6 family hierloom chairs. They were made in New England in the 1860's I am told for ...
  A: Sure Wally, go ahead and post the picture and I'll see what I can do to identify them for you. Have ...
walnut wing chair with a cane back1/24/2008
  Q: I found a beautiful old walnut wing chair with caning in the back, in the wings and in ovals on the ...
  A: Oh boy Laura, this is a very tall order even for a professional chair caner! Can you take some ...
antique wicker1/23/2008
  Q: I have two pieces of Heywood-Wakefield wicker. Onr has a very light paint that looks almost natural ...
  A: You neglected to specify what era your Heywood-Wakefield pieces are from and what type of material ...
weird antique Baby Carriage1/19/2008
  Q: I was wondering if You Know anything about this Carriage? Ive been searching for days and its ...
  A: Sorry Tee, but all I could see from the picture you posted were the wheels and a bit of the ...
lloyd loom furniture1/14/2008
  Q: I would like to identify a Lloyd Loom armchair, I cannot find the style in any books and have never ...
  A: Does your chair only have the "fabric" on the back, or does it go all around the framework? Could ...
old sagina furniture1/10/2008
  Q: I have recently acquired two arm chairs with tags that read 1946 Old Saginaw. I was wondering if you ...
  A: Off the top of my head Old Saginaw doesn't ring a bell as far as a wicker furniture company is ...
H.N. Thayer wicker doll carriage1/1/2008
  Q: I was wondering if you could give me some help please? I bought an antique wicker doll carriage on ...
  A: Your paper fiber wicker doll carriage looks to be of good quality and is in excellent condition. ...
wicker baby carrier/stroller12/27/2007
  Q: I acquired a wicker baby carrier/stroller and would appreciate any information you might be able to ...
  A: How wonderful that you have an Oriole stroller! Could you please send me some pictures through ...
heywood wakefield wicker12/16/2007
  Q: I've been investigating my chair and came across your expert page.I have a label on my chair that ...
  A: In order for me to help you with your question of age, I need more information about your wicker ...
care of wicker12/15/2007
  Q: We recently purchased expensive wicker patio set. How should we care for it so we have it for years ...
  A: My specialty is in antique wicker furniture, not the new stuff on the market, but I can make a stab ...
wicker chair12/15/2007
  Q: can you give me some information about this wicker chair Thank You!
  A: What a lovely Victorian, rattan reed, molded seat rocker you have there, Ann! It was most likely ...
rocking chair wicker seat11/29/2007
  Q: catherine hope you can help i have an old rocking chair made of oak it has leather pads on the arm ...
  A: AllExperts.com now has the feature where you can send me a picture of your rocking chair seat. Can ...
child's wooden glider11/26/2007
  Q: I have a small wooden glider. It has a bar with large wooden bids and the original strap from the ...
  A: Unless this is a wicker glider, I'm afraid I can't answer your question or give you any information ...
Bloch Wicker Company10/14/2007
  Q: Can you point me in the right direction to find out more about a set I have purchased? It is marked ...
  A: Starr, Was this a new or antique set of wicker furniture you've just purchased? Sorry, but the ...
vintage HEYWOOD-WAKEFILD BABY CRADLE10/8/2007
  Q: I FOUND THIS ITEM LISTED IN A 1963 BOOK CALLED WICKER FURNITURE STYLES AND PIECES BY SUEDBERG PAGE ...
  A: What a wonderful find you have there! Is your cradle swing actually baby size or doll size? I think ...
Old Wicker Suitcase8/29/2007
  Q: I am trying to learn more about an old wicker suitcase I have. It is not a picnic basket but ...
  A: After seeing the pictures, here's a copy of the response I already emailed directly to you. That's ...
Tight Wicker Weave on Cedar Chest8/26/2007
  Q: I have an antique cedar chest, very small. It's 32" x 16" and 10" deep, sitting on oak feet. The lid ...
  A: Would it be possible for you to send me a picture via email to me at Info@WickerWoman.com so we both ...
rocking chair8/5/2007
  Q: A friend of mine has a home in Marion, MA and went to a local antique shop and purchased a rocking ...
  A: Sorry Harry, I don't know anything about this unusual rocker that your friend has, although I seem ...
antique general's chair8/4/2007
  Q: i have an antique folding wicker general's chair. i am trying to find out more about it. Can you ...
  A: In order for me to even consider answering your question I will need lots more information about ...
Chair7/27/2007
  Q: Ok,sorry I should ask you at first.I m interested in the price of my chair.It belonged to my ...
  A: Well, since I'm not certified to give appraisals, (and that's what you are asking for when inquiring ...
wicker pineapple feet repair7/26/2007
  Q: I need instructions in repairing acouple of wicker chairs with whats called PINEAPPLE feet Ihave ...
  A: Those pineapple feet are a bear to do, especially the first couple of times, until you get the hang ...
heywood wicker sewing table7/23/2007
  Q: i have a wicker sewing table with a red and white lable , haywood bros , no 1392, wakefield mass . ...
  A: You didn't describe the sewing table at all, with the exception of the label, but are you sure it's ...
Heywood Wakefeild.7/20/2007
  Q: My mother has an old Heywood Wakfeild rocking chair in fabulous condition. She asked me to find out ...
  A: How wonderful that your mother has an original Heywood-Wakefield rocker! Too bad she has to sell it ...
Heywood Brothers and Wakefield Wicher7/8/2007
  Q: I have a lovely wicker chair with cane seat The old paper label is still legible. Line 1: No... ...
  A: It's so nice that the paper label is still attached to the wicker chair, because many times they ...
Wicker/caned chairs7/3/2007
  Q: I have a couple of chairs that I retrieved from my grandparents summer cottage that I know nothing ...
  A: A more thorough description of these chairs would be really helpful. But I'm leaning toward saying ...
ANTIQUE LINCOLN ROCKER7/2/2007
  Q: I was given a Lincoln rocker, but knows nothing about it. If I send a photo, would you be able to ...
  A: I can tell you a bit about Lincoln rockers in general, but what is it specifically you need to know ...
cane bottom rocker6/29/2007
  Q: What can you tell me about a cane bottom rocker that has springs in the seat to make it rock? The ...
  A: From your description, it sounds like you probably have either a platform rocker or perhaps a swivel ...
Heywood-Wakefield Wicker Rocker6/26/2007
  Q: Good morning! I'd be grateful for anything you can tell me about this chair. I believe you stated ...
  A: You're correct in that I don't give appraisals, because I am not certified to do so. Whether you ...
Weather Damage6/18/2007
  Q: Once a piece (wicker) has been damaged from the weather, is there any hope of restoration? The ...
  A: You didn't mention whether or not the wicker furniture piece in question has been painted or is in ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

The Wicker Woman®-Cathryn Peters

Top Expert on this page