Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions Answered by Expert Tom Novitski

SubjectDate Asked
vintage gumball machine1/19/2016
  Q: I recently acquired a vintage gumball machine. I have tried to locate one similar online but with no ...
  A: 2 companies marketed this machine. It was made about 1947. If the red top is glass it is a Silver ...
Pulver gum machine8/16/2015
  Q: Tom. I recently bought a Pulver red porcelain gum machine with the Yellow Kid. The mechanism ...
  A: Today's stick gum cut in half is too thin to be properly dispensed from a Pulver machine. The proper ...
Identify gumball machine5/31/2015
  Q: @@@@@IMAGE:169336:Collectibles-General-Antiques-682/2015/05/gumball-machine_26.jpg##### ANSWER: ...
  A: Ken, Your machine is made by Atlas and is called the Atlas Ace. It is from the 1940's. If you ...
Tom's Vending Machine5/3/2015
  Q: I just purchased a Tom's Vending machine at a antique store and wanted to get some information on it ...
  A: Machine looks nice. Ebay would be your best bet for decals but yours look good other than than ...
Zambini8/9/2012
  Q: my name is Tim and was wondering if you could please tell me more about this Zambini coin op. I was ...
  A: I could not find any info on your machine. I mainly collect pre 1950 machines and there are ...
Gumball ID7/10/2012
  Q: I hope you can help. I recently bought this gumball machine and after researching for countless ...
  A: Pete, The Oak acorn is a common machine. In addition to gumballs, some variations dispensed bulk ...
I have an antique gumball machine...9/7/2011
  Q: Quite a few months ago, I bought a very old-looking (heavy oxidization and slight wear) gumball ...
  A: Your machine was probably made in 70's or 80's by the Carousel company. They were bought out by Ford ...
Red Pulver machine w/ Smiley faces8/24/2011
  Q: Tom, I have an early 50's Pulver machine with the mirror and smiley faces. It is pretty complete ...
  A: Collectors call that version the Clark. It was named after the Pulver's company last owner. If you ...
Hershey Trade Stimulator8/21/2011
  Q: Tom, Saw your reply to Gary about his Hershey Trade Stimulator. I have the inside mech for thye ...
  A: I do not think I helped Gary too much on that one. I do not have that machine and could not find it ...
Groetchen Sparks Champion7/3/2011
  Q: Any idea where I might find a Back Door, Front Plate(Award Card) and possibly Sports Reel Strips for ...
  A: Tough to find old parts. I would suggest placing a wanted ad on coinopclub.org You do not have to be ...
united MFG co. Royal Shuffle Alley6/20/2011
  Q: We recently aquired a United Mfg. Co Royal Shuffle Alley machine Would like to get info as far as ...
  A: I know very little about those type machines. I would suggest you go to coinopclub.org which has a ...
P. Snell scale2/28/2011
  Q: I own a set of weights and a scale made by P. Snell. Could you tell me if there is any significance ...
  A: Pennyweight (dwt) The pennyweight symbol is dwt. There are 24 grains in 1 dwt, and 20 dwt in one ...
Toms Peanut vending machine10/25/2010
  Q: I have just acquired a Tom's 5˘ peanut and candy mechanical vending machine with a glass front. It ...
  A: Mari, The model that I have is more like a Stoner candy machine. I have seen this particular model ...
Hershey Trade Stimulator9/7/2010
  Q: I have an old trade stimulator. It is about 14" long, 7.5" wide and 4" deep. It has a glass top and ...
  A: I have seen pictures of this machine before but have been unable to find any info on it. From the ...
Juke Box8/19/2010
  Q: At my Grandpa's house recently and we were listening to his juke box and I was just wondering how ...
  A: I am not that familiar with jukeboxes, but this machine was from the 1950's. I have seen that model ...
Pulver 1 cent gum vending machine5/26/2010
  Q: I have a great condition/fully functioning red Pulver 1 cent gum machine. It holds three flavors of ...
  A: Your machine was made in the early 1950's. It was one of the last machines Pulver made before going ...
GumBall Machine4/3/2010
  Q: I have a gum ball machine with two mounted on one stand. Both have wooden sides, a glass front and a ...
  A: Your machines were made by Victor vending in the 1950's. They also made several other themed ...
gumball machine question1/3/2010
  Q: I hope you are doing well. I am in search for a nice antique gumball machine that I can put in my ...
  A: I am a collector of these machines and others that were operated by a coin such as old arcade ...
antique pinball machine12/21/2009
  Q: I have inherited, what I think is a 1954 Williams pinball machine. It is wooden, lights up, needs ...
  A: I discussed your pinball with someone who is more knowledgeable than me on pinballs. In fact, he ...
Hershey vending machine10/5/2009
  Q: I found the attached machine at a garage sale. Is it of much value?
  A: The machine usually sells for 50.00 - 150.00 depending on condition. There are several different ...
vintage Hershey vending machine9/17/2009
  Q: We picked this up at a antique sale and are having a hard time finding out much about it and were ...
  A: Your machine was made by the Advance machine company in about 1925. They usually sell for 75-125.00. ...
gum ball machine6/2/2009
  Q: Our machine is wood and across the bottom is printed Victor Vending Chicago 39, Ill. It is 15" tall, ...
  A: Your machine was made by the Victor Vending Corp. Most of these models are from 1950's - 1960's. ...
D. Gottlieb Pinball10/8/2008
  Q: We want to insure a pinball machine we have, but have no idea of it's worth. It is A 5 cent, ...
  A: I do not collect pinball machines so I cannot give you a value as to your machine. However, there is ...
1951 toms vending machine8/22/2008
  Q: could you tell me if it would take away from the value of the machine if i painted it to refresh it ...
  A: Most collectors prefer coin operated machines in original condition. However, some machines in poor ...
antique toms peanut machine7/26/2008
  Q: i have a 1951 toms peanut and cracker vending machine and dont have a key for it. Where can i find ...
  A: If you have a locksmith friend, then you are in luck. Otherwise, it would be tough to find a key. I ...
Yu-Chu 1235/27/2008
  Q: Trying to locate a NOS label/decal for my machine. Also in the market for either a Zeno or Pulver ...
  A: Contact Scott at A-1 gumballs for the decal. He has a large selection and may have the one you need. ...
TRADE SLOT2/20/2008
  Q: I HAVE A SLOT MACHINE THAT RUNS ON PENNEYS ITS DRAW POKER AND IT HAS A GUM DESPENCER ON THE SIDE I ...
  A: Kurt, Your machine is from the middle 1930's. Its value will be determined by condition, if it has ...
old vending machine1/25/2008
  Q: I have an old vending machine it has a knob on the right side to rotate the merchandise and a handle ...
  A: Can you possibly email a picture of the machine ? I know several people that have sets of keys but ...
1940 groetchen sparks trade stimulator?1/6/2008
  Q: I recently acquired this machine from my fiance's grandfathers house. It looks identical to the 1940 ...
  A: Nice machine. I have tried researching but cannot find anyone else that can give more info. Only ...
Cast iron gum machine12/24/2007
  Q: I have a centasmoke cast iron gum machine.It still works!!It has three wheels with diffrent ...
  A: I usually use just soap and water or a product called orange blast for oily/greasy cleaning. The ...

All Questions in This Category

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Tom Novitski

Top Expert on this page