Collectibles--General (Modern)/ww 2 100 dollar bill cigarette case

William John Reid wrote at 2011-11-28 21:34:27
Hi my name is William Reid, I live in Auckland New Zealand and I also have in my possession one of these American $100 dollar bill cigarette cases.

I would also like to know more of this cigarette case.

How many were manufactured and how many are left in the world.

Are they rare.

Joe wrote at 2014-03-16 10:02:41
Definitely not one of a kind, I have one exactly the same and am struggling to find info on it. Will keep looking though.

Terry wrote at 2015-10-02 15:26:31
I also have one, and can't find out anything about it

Neil wrote at 2016-06-20 15:23:45
Hi Bill, Hi Heidi. I'm in the posession of a similar cigarette case, which belonged to my Grandfather who served in WW2. It's also rectangular, but more closer to a square than your case Heidi. It depicts a US 100 Dollar note as well with an engraved image of Franklin on the front, though I must admit that looking at it closely the quality doesn't appear to be as fine as Heidi's case and it also has different signatures on the bottom. It appears to be aluminium or tin and is well used. I'm currently using it as stamp holder. Let me know if you're interested in seeing an image of it. Cheers for now, Neil (Australia)

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler

I am a collector of US Military Wings and Medals, homefront war effort and sweetheart jewelry from the Spanish American War to present. I can answer questions regarding militaria such as authenticity, dating pieces, evaluating and supplying. I have been consulted by experts for books published on Sweetheart Jewelry.