Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimbles from Mother's estate

Brass Thimbles inside
Brass Thimbles inside  

Signed Thimble
Signed Thimble  
I have come across a small box of thimbles from my Mother's estate. Some have plastic insides with what looks like brass on the outside. Also, I have a unique one with what looks like initials on the inside. I am attaching images of both.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Hello Rebecca,  Thank you for your questions.  The three together are I believe heavy plastics with other plastic thimbles shoved up inside.  Perhaps it was to make the thimbles smaller on the inside so they could fit small fingers and be more comfortable.  The silver thimble has the mark of Simons Bros. Co. made in Philadelphia, PA.  The mark is an S in script inside a shield.  It is hard to tell from the picture.  I hope this helps.

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins

I am a digitabulist - a thimble collector. I have been collecting thimbles since 1976 and have my own newsletter called Thimble Guild. I started a local thimble collectors group, Thimbles Are Us, in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in 1985. I was Second Vice-President of Thimble Collectors International from 1988 - 1992. I have been a guest speaker on thimbles at local collectors groups, womens groups and churches. I am knowledgable about sterling and gold thimbles made in the US as well as England, Germany, France, Russia, Norway and a few other countries. I am familiar with manufacturer`s marks and codes, assay marks and date marks and other unique marks meaningful to any thimble collector. I am knowledgeable of porcelain, china, brass, pewter, bronze, aluminum, plastic, silver plated, coin and base metal thimble marks. Some questions I might be asked...what makes a thimble valuable (scarce maker, desirable pattern, commemorative, etc.)...where can I find more information on thimbles... are there collectors groups out there a newsletter for collectors...what books are available on the subject? I am very happy to share my knowledge with anyone but will not make appraisals. To do that, you must be able to look at the thimble in person. I have a friend that has a saying, A knowledgable collector is a wise collector. She is a wise collector. In 1992, at the TCI Convention in San Diego, CA, I was given the highest honor in the thimble collecting community. It is called the Myrtle Lundquist Award. It reads, Lundquist Award - Compassion - Caring - Sharing - Awarded to Wynneth Mullins 1992. This award gives me a lot to live up to!