Collectibles--General (Modern)/Unmarked Brown Insulator

Porcelain Insulator
Porcelain Insulator  
Can y ou tell me what porcelain insulator this is?  I've not been able to match it.  4" x 2-13/16" w.

Hi Cynthia --

This insulator is actually marked.  On the front skirt it has a B inside an O for the Ohio Brass Company.  Ohio Brass was based out of Mansfield Ohio and made insulators from around 1900 through the 1980s.  I'd date yours from the late 1940's into the 1950s.  We identify this as a U-118 (Collectors have developed a numbering system for the various styles) and it is a telephone style frequently used along rail road lines.  In chocolate brown these are pretty common with a $1-$2 value or so.

Hope this helps -- Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry

Questions related to collecting Glass Insulators and porcelain insulators - I can provide historical information as well as current collector values. I am also interested in purchasing insulators I need for my collection.

I have collected since the early 1970's and have much historical information, as well as knowledge of current insulator values.

National Insulator Association (

BS & MS in Electrical Engineering