Collectibles--General (Modern)/GAR Flag or Banner

Question
GAR 1
GAR 1  

GAR 2
GAR 2  
Hello.  I wondered if you could help me identify the age of a flag I obtained from an Estate.  I have attached pictures and am not sure if it is a flag or banner.  It looks to be made of silk and has the GAR symbols with 13 stars on the flag.  It's about 4 ft high and is from Post 82 Roaring Spring.   Any information you can give me regarding background and possible value would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Michelle,
The G.A.R. was, of course, a fraternal organization made up of Union Veterans of the Civil War and was formalized about 1880 and was most active from that time until the close of WWI. So I would say your "banner" was from the late 1800s, early 1900's. There has been a steady growth and interest in  G.A.R. items. I would say your banner would be in the $60.00-$75.00 value range.
Thanks for your question. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Sincerely, Bill

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler