Collectibles--General (Modern)/Portable collectibles

Who do I take portable collectibles to, to get some idea of their price, would it be to a collectible store.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sallie!

What sort of portable collectibles are you talking about? Without knowing exactly what you are researching, it is a little difficult to give you good advice! A collectibles store is a good start, however, before you start to carry them off to the store, you can try the internet first. There are many sites dealing in all manner of collectibles, I would just google the particular collectible and you should find relevant sites that could give you a good idea of the worth of what you have.

Hope this is of some help :)

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Troy Tempest

I am a collector of German WHW donation badges etc from around 1925-1945, and German day and meeting badges, better known as 'tinnies', from around 1930-1945. The WHW (Winterhilfswerkes, or Winter Charity Works) was the major source of fund raising throughout Germany from 1930-1945, and covered almost every association in exhistence throughout Germany and her foreign territories. There are more than 12,500 identified tinnies, and almost as many WHW items. I can help with authenticating, dating and evaluating these items. I can help with some aspects of German awards and decorations, although this is not my main strength in collecting German militaria.

Long time collector, I also buy and sell in this field, and have all relevant reference books covering WHW and tinnies.

High school, then various tertiary education.