Collectibles--General (Modern)/Sterling silver thimnbles

Hi there,

I hope you can help, I found a pair of thimbles with a letter of authenticity commemorating the Royal wedding, it was manufactured by Ammonite LTD - UK and is dated 29 July 1981 they are in a perfect condition, would you be able to tell me what the value could be of who would be interestd in buying them.

Thanks very much!!

Hello Martin,  Thank you for your questions.  Actually I don't know what the value of these thimbles is.  I have seen these thimbles listed on eBay, the on-line auction website.  I am certain you would be able to find someone to purchase the set after listing them on eBay.  I know I would like to have this set myself. if you would care to email me about the set.  I do hope this helps.

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins

I am a digitabulist - a thimble collector. I have been collecting thimbles since 1976 and have my own newsletter called Thimble Guild. I started a local thimble collectors group, Thimbles Are Us, in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in 1985. I was Second Vice-President of Thimble Collectors International from 1988 - 1992. I have been a guest speaker on thimbles at local collectors groups, womens groups and churches. I am knowledgable about sterling and gold thimbles made in the US as well as England, Germany, France, Russia, Norway and a few other countries. I am familiar with manufacturer`s marks and codes, assay marks and date marks and other unique marks meaningful to any thimble collector. I am knowledgeable of porcelain, china, brass, pewter, bronze, aluminum, plastic, silver plated, coin and base metal thimble marks. Some questions I might be asked...what makes a thimble valuable (scarce maker, desirable pattern, commemorative, etc.)...where can I find more information on thimbles... are there collectors groups out there a newsletter for collectors...what books are available on the subject? I am very happy to share my knowledge with anyone but will not make appraisals. To do that, you must be able to look at the thimble in person. I have a friend that has a saying, A knowledgable collector is a wise collector. She is a wise collector. In 1992, at the TCI Convention in San Diego, CA, I was given the highest honor in the thimble collecting community. It is called the Myrtle Lundquist Award. It reads, Lundquist Award - Compassion - Caring - Sharing - Awarded to Wynneth Mullins 1992. This award gives me a lot to live up to!