Collectibles--General (Modern)/military medal

Question
uss arizona
uss arizona  
QUESTION: My dad has a old military medal and wanted to know what you knew about it what its worth it is a uss arizona small arms trophy medal 1927-28

ANSWER: Hi Blake,
Thanks for the e-mail, question and scan.
A few more questions need to be answered in order to evaluate your medal
1. Where does it indicate "USS ARIZONA 1927-28" ?
2. What does the back look like? I will need to see a scan of it (it's a good idea to always send pictures of the front & back)
Thanks, Sincerely,
Bill

Back of medal
Back of medal  
QUESTION: This is the back

Answer
Hi Blake,
Thanks for the scan of the back of the "medal". The medal had a top part to it which is missing and shows some wear, but it is from the "U.S.S. ARIZONA" of Pearl Harbor distinction. I would place the value of your medal in the $200.00 to $250.00 range. (if there were some paperwork and/or it was associated with the recipient it would be worth more)
Sincerely, Bill

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler