Collectibles--General (Modern)/Knights of labor hemingray

k of l
k of l  
We have a depression glass green Knights of Labor match safe.
It does have a chip on the tip, but I have not the slightest clue in value, I have been searching forever,any info would really help.
Thank you.

Hi Dan,

Although my expertise is insulators, as you note, this item is a Hemingray product.  Here is a nice page with some more information on these as there was even an 1887 patent for the design:

I am not an expert on these for value.  I have seen an amber version sell in the $75 range but I really don't know the market.  You may want to contact Shaun Kotlarsky who manages the website I provided a link for.  Another good contact is Bob Stahr who is one of the premier experts in anything Hemingray - His web site:

I hope this helps!!  Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry

Questions related to collecting Glass Insulators and porcelain insulators - I can provide historical information as well as current collector values. I am also interested in purchasing insulators I need for my collection.

I have collected since the early 1970's and have much historical information, as well as knowledge of current insulator values.

National Insulator Association (

BS & MS in Electrical Engineering