Collectibles--General (Modern)/insulator

I just found an insulator that I've not seen before.  It is hard plastic, black, similar to a CD 154.  It is 4-1/8" tall and 3-1/2" in dia. at the base.  It is threaded and smooth base.  Any info?

Hi Wayne --

Thanks for your question.  There are several versions of these, some have a marking like L-W, REN or CEECO and some are unmarked.  These were popular in the 1960's and 1970's as replacements for the glass insulators that could be damaged by rocks or hunters.  These are collectible but pretty common with a value of $0.50-$1.00.  Here is a link to some pictures of similar pieces.

Hope this helps!  Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry

Questions related to collecting Glass Insulators and porcelain insulators - I can provide historical information as well as current collector values. I am also interested in purchasing insulators I need for my collection.

I have collected since the early 1970's and have much historical information, as well as knowledge of current insulator values.

National Insulator Association (

BS & MS in Electrical Engineering