Collectibles--General (Modern)/Penguin Lighter

I have a Penguin lighter that I bought when I was stationed on Okinawa with the 3rd Marine Division in 1959.  It has the 3rd Marine Division Triad emblem on it and the number 19531 on the bottom.  Is it worth anything?

Hi Sorry for the late reply.

Although this is not my area I wanted to let you know there are many folks who collect military related lighters and lighters in general.

My only suggestion is see if you can find like items on eBay which may give you the information you seek.

I think you are in a unique position since it belonged to you so there is a "story" that goes with the lighter which in general will increase the value of an item.

All the best

Collectibles--General (Modern)

John Cooper

I am a collector of USAAF World War Two sterling wings. I can answer general history questions on the air war in the ETO from a USAAF perspective. I am also able to answer questions about the equipment used by USAAF airmen during WW2. Additionally I can can answer questions related to the information contained in the Pilots, Navigators, and Bombardiers information files. I look forward to your questions!

I am been collecting militaria since I was 10 years old and have been reading books about the air war in the ETO from both an allied and axis position as well.

BA in international realtions