Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimble

Question
 Thimble
Thimble  

thimble
thimble  
I have a thimble that I don't now anything about an would love a little help. What year was it made ? Who made it an where ? Thanks

Answer
Hello Keith,  Thank you for your questions.  The thimble is an early Waite, Thresher Co. thimble made in Providence, Rhode Island between the years 1886 and 1906.  I can tell you only the years that the thimble mark was used to pin point the years in between when it was made. The United States has no hallmarks like England has whereby a year mark is required on each thimble to show in what year the thimble was made.  I hope this helps.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins