Collectibles--General (Modern)/Francesca thimbles

Henry V111
Henry V111  
I have been given around 250 thimbles to sell on ebay on behalf of a local charity. I am confused reference thimbles that say inside that they are Sutherland England, they look the same as the ones I can see on Ebay called Francesca pottery. For instance, I have Henry V111 and all six wives.  Are the Francesca and Sutherland the same thing, they certainly look the same but obviously I don't want to misrepresent them.
Mo read

Hello Mo,  Thank you for your question.  I certainly understand your confusion.  As I understand it, Francesca is a part of Staffordshire Potteries in England.  The Henry VIII collection if called The Tudor Collection.  Some of the thimbles are marked with Staffordshire and Francesca and the signature of the painter.  Others have only the F in a circle as the mark.  

I do hope this helps.

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins

I am a digitabulist - a thimble collector. I have been collecting thimbles since 1976 and have my own newsletter called Thimble Guild. I started a local thimble collectors group, Thimbles Are Us, in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in 1985. I was Second Vice-President of Thimble Collectors International from 1988 - 1992. I have been a guest speaker on thimbles at local collectors groups, womens groups and churches. I am knowledgable about sterling and gold thimbles made in the US as well as England, Germany, France, Russia, Norway and a few other countries. I am familiar with manufacturer`s marks and codes, assay marks and date marks and other unique marks meaningful to any thimble collector. I am knowledgeable of porcelain, china, brass, pewter, bronze, aluminum, plastic, silver plated, coin and base metal thimble marks. Some questions I might be asked...what makes a thimble valuable (scarce maker, desirable pattern, commemorative, etc.)...where can I find more information on thimbles... are there collectors groups out there a newsletter for collectors...what books are available on the subject? I am very happy to share my knowledge with anyone but will not make appraisals. To do that, you must be able to look at the thimble in person. I have a friend that has a saying, A knowledgable collector is a wise collector. She is a wise collector. In 1992, at the TCI Convention in San Diego, CA, I was given the highest honor in the thimble collecting community. It is called the Myrtle Lundquist Award. It reads, Lundquist Award - Compassion - Caring - Sharing - Awarded to Wynneth Mullins 1992. This award gives me a lot to live up to!