Collectibles--General (Modern)/glass insulator

Question
QUESTION: Are you aware of a company that ever used a raised embossing of a B and a picture of a bull?

ANSWER: Not sure -- is this on a glass insulator?  Can you send a picture of the insulator -- I should be able to identify from there.

Thanks, --Bob

picture 1
picture 1  

picture 2
picture 2  
QUESTION: Here are some pictures

Answer
The marking on your insulator is just a raised "B" -- I suspect the bull is a defect in the glass and not an intended marking.  The B on this insulator is for the Brookfield Glass Company that was based out of Old Bridge, NJ and made insulators from the 1860's through 1922.  This style is nicknamed an exchange as it has two wire grooves and is intended for telephone use -- I'd date it from the turn of the last century to the teens.  These are relatively common with a $3 value or so.  

Hope this helps -- Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry