Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimble Research

Question
I have 2 thimbles.
They are metal, looks to be brass maybe.
They have a 6 point star on the top.
One has a Ladybug, one has a cat, both look to be handpainted.
I am just trying to find info on these, and a value.
I saw the ladybug one go online in an auction for $200 and I have been holding on to them ever since.
I cant find any info on them now, possibly looking to sell them.
Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you email me I can send a pic from my phone, but not from this computer

Answer
Hello Josh,  Thank you for your question.  The thimbles you have were made in Portugal and the mark on top is the mark that indicates where they were made.  They are a very thin silver and are hand painted with an enamel paint.  These thimbles may be found on the auction website eBay.  I do not give values however if you check out the Portugal thimbles listed on eBay you will find these thimbles listed from around $30.00 up to $100.00.  I do not believe these are accurate values of these thimbles.  I have some in my collection and paid only about $10.00 - $15.00.  I hope this helps.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins