Collectibles--General (Modern)/porcelin insulator identification

profile of insulator
profile of insulator  

i recently sent you a question about three insulators i needed help with. could not post nore than two pics so here is info and pics for #3.  it appears to be a greenish brown glaze and stands about 4 in tall. only has a B in a circle marking (Brookfield i believe). Also has raised speckles on top. Dont know if this has any meaning or was just part of making process. any info on this piece? thanks a bunch.

Follow-up from my last note --

This is the third insulator -- ignore me calling it a beehive.  This is called a cable insulator and is designed for low power distribution.  It is made by Ohio Brass and should date from the 1920's.   These are pretty common with a $1.00 or so value.  The speckles on top seem to be a property of some of these early OB pieces as well as some of the insulators made by the R. Thomas & Son Company (These will be marked THOMAS).

Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry

Questions related to collecting Glass Insulators and porcelain insulators - I can provide historical information as well as current collector values. I am also interested in purchasing insulators I need for my collection.

I have collected since the early 1970's and have much historical information, as well as knowledge of current insulator values.

National Insulator Association (

BS & MS in Electrical Engineering