Collectibles--General (Modern)/Army hat pin

badge back
badge back  
I have an old army hat pin I believe that has two crossed rifles with a #1 over a letter L in the middle. I would like to know if it is a real pin used in the infantry.Also, is there a value to it. Thank you.

Hi Serge,
Thanks for the question.
What you have is a "real" US Army Infantry Hat badge from the WWI period (crossed GARAND Rifles) The number "1" refers to the 1st Infantry Regiment and the "L" is for Company L. Unfortunately, these hat badges have not gained, significantly, in collector value. I would say your badge is in the $20.00-$25.00 retail range. (usually with the original lug on the back)
Hope this is of some help to you.
Sincerely, Bill

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler

I am a collector of US Military Wings and Medals, homefront war effort and sweetheart jewelry from the Spanish American War to present. I can answer questions regarding militaria such as authenticity, dating pieces, evaluating and supplying. I have been consulted by experts for books published on Sweetheart Jewelry.