Collectibles--General (Modern)/Army hat pin

Question
badge
badge  

badge back
badge back  
I have an old army hat pin I believe that has two crossed rifles with a #1 over a letter L in the middle. I would like to know if it is a real pin used in the infantry.Also, is there a value to it. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Serge,
Thanks for the question.
What you have is a "real" US Army Infantry Hat badge from the WWI period (crossed GARAND Rifles) The number "1" refers to the 1st Infantry Regiment and the "L" is for Company L. Unfortunately, these hat badges have not gained, significantly, in collector value. I would say your badge is in the $20.00-$25.00 retail range. (usually with the original lug on the back)
Hope this is of some help to you.
Sincerely, Bill

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler