Collectibles--General (Modern)/Pearl Harbor Attack Messages

Question
My father was an RMC stationed aboard the USS Enterprise and happened to be on duty at the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor. I have  original messages starting from 7 DEC '41 concerning Japanese air raid, hostilities commenced,orders to locate/sink Japanese Forces and order to execute WPL Forty Six against Japan. Also included are messages dated through 23 AUG '42 concerning Battle Group Movements and actions taken and battles fought at Midway and results of attacks by Battle Groups aircraft and escorts upon Japanese vessels.

I also have War Information Bulletins #1 dated 9 DEC '41 through #124 under Executive Officer CDR T.P. Jeter of USS Enterprise,and War Bulletin #'s 126 dated 9 JUN '42 through #177 5 SEP'42 under Executive Officer Commander W.F. Boone, also of U.S.S.Enterprise. These also are original's.

I am curious about their rarity and worth. Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the e-mail and question. In the 1st place your documentation is very interesting, and it seems pretty intact and more importantly that you received it from an immediate family member. These are all primary in the world of collecting. In addition it involves a timely activity from one of the most "infamous" act of military history, the attack on Pearl Harbor. So to answer your question, I would say the documents are rare, as most of this type of material did not survive the war. What I cannot say is their value, though it probably would be exceptional. It is hard to pin-point value on the rare and obscure. You might want to consult with an individual that specializes in documents and/or Pearl Harbor items. If you want to sell them eBay might be a good place to try. Sorry I could not have been of more help.
Sincerely, Bill

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler