Collectibles--General (Modern)/Sweetheart Jewelry

Sweetheart Jewelry set
Sweetheart Jewelry set  
I saw your response to the Brooch with the propeller called "Sweetheart Jewelry" and realized that I have (from my Grandfather) the same brooch with the necklace chain and matching pair of non-pierced earrings.  Are these WWII, Korean War or what? is there more value (For insurance purposes for the entire set with chain?  Thank you,

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the question and picture.
What you have is a very nice camphor glass Army Air Corps WWII Sweetheart Jewelry Group.
It is definitely vintage to WWII period 1940's. These were purchased from px's, jewelry stores, Army/Navy stores, etc., and given to sweethearts, mothers, girlfriends and "other" loved ones when their boys went into the service or went overseas to fight the War. The one you have if you look closely, the metal part, on the back, should be marked "sterling". The entire set should be kept together and I would estimate a retail value for the set to be in the $60.00-$65.00 range

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler

I am a collector of US Military Wings and Medals, homefront war effort and sweetheart jewelry from the Spanish American War to present. I can answer questions regarding militaria such as authenticity, dating pieces, evaluating and supplying. I have been consulted by experts for books published on Sweetheart Jewelry.