Collectibles--General (Modern)/dominion glass insulator

Question
Hi there I have been trying to find the value of my glass insulator.  It is a dominion-42. It has a d inside of a diamond with a faint 50 beside it and a faint 5 below it. I say faint because it is not as prominent as the 42. If you could help out that would be great!
the very best, Jen

Answer
Thanks for your question -- We identify your Dominion-42 as a CD 154.  The CD numbering system was developed by collectors to identify the various styles.  This is a Canadian made insulator that can be found in a number of colors.  The faint "50" is the mold number.  This is a pretty common insulator if the color is clear.  If it is amber or a very attractive blue color it could be better -- if there is a question on color, please send a picture.

In clear these are common with a $1.00 or so value.  Still a great piece if history!

Hope this helps -- thanks, Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry