Collectibles--General (Modern)/Locke insulator

i got a couple of Locke 23583's  wondering how old
also a Westinghouse 1139 and a Victor glass no. 16
like to know how old these are.I'm a lineman for a power company so i'm able to take them down when i can.

Hi -

I expect the Locke 23583's and Westinghouse 1139s are porcelain?  These most likely date from the 1930's but I'd need a picture to confirm.  The Glass Locke Victor No. 16 is older, most likely from the early 1900s.  The Victor was made by the Brookfield Glass Company for Fred. Locke -- these were made from the 1890's through maybe 1910.  If you can get pictures of the two porcelain pieces -- I can get you more data.
         Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry

Questions related to collecting Glass Insulators and porcelain insulators - I can provide historical information as well as current collector values. I am also interested in purchasing insulators I need for my collection.

I have collected since the early 1970's and have much historical information, as well as knowledge of current insulator values.

National Insulator Association (

BS & MS in Electrical Engineering