Collectibles--General (Modern)/insulator

QUESTION: I recently found an insulator that I hope you could give me some info. on as well as a value. Thanks for any help.

ANSWER: Thanks for your question.  It would help having a picture of the insulator from the top and the side as well.  It appears to be a two part (Two ceramic glazed shells cemented together).  The glaze color appears consistant with Ohio Brass from the 1930s.  This would have been about a 33KV to 45KV power insulator.  If you can send additional pictures I can confirm the ID.

QUESTION: Bob,Thanks for your quick response. Here is another photo of the insulator I inquired about. I also was able to see where it is cemented together,if that helps any.

Thanks for the picture -- Yes this is an Ohip Brass insulator from the 1930s.  These are collectible with a value of $25-$30 so.  It is nice that it still has the tie wire attached - leave this in place as some collectors like it.

Hope this helps, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry

Questions related to collecting Glass Insulators and porcelain insulators - I can provide historical information as well as current collector values. I am also interested in purchasing insulators I need for my collection.

I have collected since the early 1970's and have much historical information, as well as knowledge of current insulator values.

National Insulator Association (

BS & MS in Electrical Engineering