Collectibles--General (Modern)/Fishing tackle

Question
pole and rod
pole and rod  

Bamboo
Bamboo  
Hello I have a few Poles, Can you tell me about these Fishing poles and rod, One is a two piece 44"1/2" inch long, Wooded handle and steel pole and Click on rod. The other one a one piece or two piece Bamboo pole 63" inch long. If this a two piece pole where dose it come apart at ? At the 1, 2,or 3 in photo ? what years are these poles and rod ? Thank you for your time

Answer
hello

The bamboo rod looks like an early bait casting rod, is there any marking on it? The other looks like an early ice fishing rod. both look to be pre 1920 rods.

I cant tell exactly which point the rod separates at, my initial thought would be at #1, but hard to tell from the photo. Be careful about forcing it, the old glue between the ferrule and bamboo will come loose.

Are there any markings on the rod? Montague was the biggest rod maker during this time. But others also made a lot of rods.

Bob  

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Robert Vermillion