Collectibles--General (Modern)/Brown ceramic insulator

Question
Brown insulator
Brown insulator  
My husband found this insulator when cleaning my moms property and we were wondering how old it is. I wiped off the imprint but can't tell if it's a 6 or a B. Could you tell me more about it? Thanks!

Answer
Hi Lauren,

The logo is actually a B inside of an O for Ohio Brass.  Ohio Brass was based out of Mansfield, OH and made porcelain insulators from shortly after the turn of the century into the 1960s.  This piece is a lower voltage power distribution insulator and should date from the 1950s.  These are pretty common with a $1 collector value or so - still a great piece of history!

Hope this helps - Thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry