Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimble with star

Question
I'd like to know some history about the thimble I found. I have read an answer you gave to someone else about a similar question. I have a Thimble marked STERLING above an outline of a star with a 9 under the star. From what I understand from your previous answer this star was utilized in 1884 when Henry Thresher joined the company. Do you know how long it was before they included the thimble inside the star and is there anything else you can tell me about my thimble? Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Clarence

Answer
Hello Clarence.  Thank you for your question.  Waite, Thresher Co. was in business from 1886 to 1927.  Their early mark was the star only from 1886 to 1906.  They started putting the thimble inside the star in 1907 and continued to sell thimbles till 1927 when the company sold thimble tools and dies to Simons Bros. Co. in 1927.  I hope this helps.

Take care,

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins