Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimble Question

Question
Thimble3
Thimble3  

Thimble 1
Thimble 1  
Could you please tell me how old this thimble is?  My sister has one that was my Grandmother's which has Emma on the outside and this one was my Great Aunt's Irene and has her name on the front.  I know that they live in Sebewaing, Michigan during their childhood and that they were living in Chicago, IL later in life.  They were English.

I am thinking they were given to the girls when they were young by my Great Grandparents.

Answer
Hello Laraine,  I have been out of town and only returned today. Your thimble is an American made thimble.  The US never required thimble makers to date their thimbles as does England.  The only way you can date an American made thimble is perhaps the purchaser puts a date on the thimble or perhaps there is a patent date on the thimble.  I am sorry, there is really no way to tell.  I am sorry I cannot be of help to you.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins