Collectibles--General (Modern)/10 Panel Thimble Information

Question
10 Thimble Mark
10 Thimble Mark  

10 Thimble Initials
10 Thimble Initials  
I am interested in knowing the maker, the time range it was manufactured and what material it was made of.  It is a 10 panel thimble which weighs 3 grams.  It has the initials ES in script on one of the panels and on another has the #9 and possibly a maker's mark below that

Thanks in advance for your help

Answer
Hello Jean,  Thank you for your questions.  The thimble was made by H. Muhr & Sons of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania between 1885 and 1897. The thimble is made of sterling silver and the 9 on the panel is the size of the thimble. Yes that is the maker's mark, a crown.  The ES is probably the initials of the person that received the thimble when it was new.  I do hope this helps.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins