Collectibles--General (Modern)/glass insulator

Question
I have a glass insulator. It says Armstrong's DP1 and Made in U.S.A., then @ or an R in a circle, then 20 52:..

Is this worth anything?

Answer
Hi --

You have a telephone style made by the Armstrong Cork Company in Millville, NJ.  This is relatively recent production with a manufacturing date of 1956 (52:.. tells me that the mold was made in 1952 and used for four years before making this insulator).  Insulator collectors have come up with a numbering system for the various styles called the CD system.  Your insulator is a CD 155.  These are pretty common in clear glass with about a $1.00 value or so.  Still a nice piece of history that is nearly 60 years old.

Hope this helps, thanks, --Bob

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry