Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimble age and quantity made

Question
I have a Simons thimble.  It has a wide plain band with a large oval /circle raised on the front.  Inside the circle is a vertical needle with a thimble at the bottom.  It looks like a fancy A that the needle and thimble are inside of.  Then there is fancy filigree around the outside of the A   I have never seen this one ever.  Sorry I don't know how else to describe it.

Is this old or recently made?  Was it made in large quantities?  I tried to find it on eBay but it wasn't there under any category.

I would love to know the age and approximate value.   Any place else I can go if you can't identify it?mhc2m

Answer
Hello Marie,  Thank you for your question.  What you have is a thimble made for the members of the Embroiders' Guild of America and the shield is their logo.  I believe there is a rather unusual letter E and G on each side of the vertical needle.  Simons no longer makes these thimbles however this is not an old thimble.  As far as value, as with anything, supply and demand determine the value of an item.  I do believe the thimble is quite collectible and you should have no problem selling it.

I hope this helps.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins