Collectibles--General (Modern)/Thimble collection

Question
Hello,  I have a thimble collection from my grandmother and would like to know where is the best place to have it looked over and appraised.  I have no idea where to start.  There are so many unusual and old looking pieces and I am afraid that if I bring it to the wrong person I will lose a treasure. Any advice.  I live in Thailand now but will, be back in Dallas soon and would like to just get an opinion.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jery

Answer
Hi Jery,  Thank you for your question and that is a good question.  You should go to a reputable antique dealer that you have confidence in.  I would call around to different dealers of antiques.  You can also go on eBay on the internet and look at the different thimbles that are up for auction.  Perhaps follow the different auctions so you will get an idea of the value of your items. EBay would also be a good place to sell your thimbles.  Perhaps when you get back home to Dallas, you can email me again.  I may be of more help to you then.

I hope this helps.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins