Collectibles--General (Modern)/which wings?

Dear Mr. Finkler,
  My Uncle was a Bombardier/Navigator on a B-26 Marauder and was killed when the bomber he was in crashed on Slieve Gallion Mountain in North Ireland 21 June, 1944.  My question is: Which wings would he have worn at the time, Navigator or Bombardier?  Thank you for your response.

Hi Leslie,
Thanks for the question.
first of all there was NO (MOS) job title "Bombardier/Navigator". In the Army Air Corps of the WWII period wings were earned for either being a *bombardier or being a *navigator. So you need to look at his records (if he has them) or (this will require some digging) get in touch with the Dept. of the Army and have his military records sent to you. His qualification(s) will be in his records. I hope this is of some help to you.
Sincerely, Bill
*PS: it is possible that he qualified for both but would have had to be one or the other at the time of the crash

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bill Finkler

I am a collector of US Military Wings and Medals, homefront war effort and sweetheart jewelry from the Spanish American War to present. I can answer questions regarding militaria such as authenticity, dating pieces, evaluating and supplying. I have been consulted by experts for books published on Sweetheart Jewelry.