Collectibles--General (Modern)/Simon's Bros thimble strange trademark

Question
Thimble
Thimble  

Headstamp
Headstamp  
Hi Wynneth
Maybe you can help.  I dug a nice, but damaged thimble.  It looks exactly like a Simons Bros; size 7, PAT MAY 28.89, star on top, decorative skirt which looks golden, with the typical vertical designs.  But the head stamp is not the Shielded S I have seen.  It is a crescent enclosing a K.  As I see no metal type indication I'm wondering if its plated stainless or nickel.  Can you offer any clarification?
Thanks
Stephen

Answer
Hi Stephen,  Thank you for your question.  Yes it is a Simons however I believe they made this thimble for perhaps a Jobber or Jeweler.  They would have requested that Simons not put their mark inside but the mark of the Jobber or Jeweler.  If you would please, email me direct.  I have a question for you.  thimble_guild@geusnet.com  I do hope this helps.

Wynneth

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Wynneth Mullins