Collectibles--General (Modern)/insulator

Question
insulator
insulator  
QUESTION: I have a ceramic(?)insulator that is grey in color and measures 3 3/8" high by 2 1/2" wide with a 1 3/8" hole through the length. It looks fairly new and I don't know where I got it. Can you tell me about it?

ANSWER: This could be some form of a cable holder, but I'm not sure this is an insulator.  What is the marking stamped on the top?  Where did you find this item?

Thanks, --Bob

QUESTION: It says GLADCO USA. Not sure where I got it although my son is an electrician. 3oxr5

Answer
GLADCO confirms is it likely an insulator -- this is similar to rests for heavy insulated cables.  The color is called skyglaze and it typical on modern insulators.  GLADCO stands for Gladding Ceramic Insulator Co., Inc. which was based out of San Jose California.  GLADCO started manufacturing in 1963 and may still be in business.  They were big suppliers to P.G.& E. on the west coast.  These styles are collectible but less popular than the pin types.  

Collectibles--General (Modern)

Bob Berry