Collections Law/Cell Phone Debt

I have a cell phone debt from 2007.  It was with CT-Mobile and they sold it to Midland Funding who harassed me so vehemently that I issued a cease and desist order,  Now, I don't get any harassing phone calls or letters but I also have no way of getting them removed from my credit report.  I got the bright idea to call T-Mobile, since they are the original creditors to see if I could deal with them.  However, they want nothing less than the $932 which they claim that I owe.  I never had a bill that high with them and still don't know where they got that amount.  Who do I pay?  T-Mobile isn't on my credit report but Midland Funding is.  Do I have any room to negotiate a lower payment at this point?  Once paid, will they be deleted?  I live in Illinois.

You can possibly negotiate a smaller payment with Midland Funding.  Call them and start out at 50%.  Along with negotiating the amount, include that once the amount is paid, the item will be removed from your credit report.  Be sure to get this information in writing before you pay anything.  Good luck with this.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller

I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.

I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.