Collections Law/Contracts

Question
QUESTION: Dear Brian,

I get confused when I read the following terms of a contract

"Affiliated Company X use employees of affiliated Company Y, In liue of having their employees.
Company Y shall charge company X with rates for such services that shall not exceed those prevailing if performed by non-Affiliated third parties, taking into account the quality and availability of such services. Where the work is performed outside the home office base of such personnel, the daily rate shall be charged from the date such personnel leave the home office base where they usually work up to their return thereto"

I am not sure if Company Y can charge company X only when the Company Y's employees work in country of Company X?

Does the above the expression "Where the work is performed outside the home office base of such personnel..." gives strong meaning that the charges shall be for work performed outside the home office base of company Y?

If my question is not clear, please let me know to re-explain the issue in different way?

Many thanks to you for your cooperation.

George

ANSWER: Hey George,

I had to read it a few times but I would agree with you that company x is using company y's employees and if y's employees work elsewhere that that is considered outside of the home office.

I am not sure the purpose of the contract or the issue that has arisen. I am happy to help but I am not sure how I can help you with the questions that you have asked. With that being said, I deal with collections and real estate issues. I don't deal with contract law. I am happy to help you out where I can but I am not sure that I am the person to ask.

Hope I was able to help in some way.

thanks
Brian

QUESTION: Dear Brian,

To have more information about the topics, please see the attached link for Kurdistan Production Sharing Contract. http://www.krg.org/uploads/documents/krg_model_psc_20071112__2008_07_17_h15m59s4

In pdf page no 101 of 115, paragraph 3.1.4.b indicates the direct costs of services rendered by affiliated companies.

And Paragraph no. 2.8.2 is related to indirect costs of services rendered by affilaited companies.

The cost in par 3.1.4.b is directly recoverable from cost oil, but the costs that are under par 2.8.2 is indirectly recoverable from overhead calculation.

Therefore, I got confused, does costs under par 3.1.4.b is for services rendered inside Kurdistan, Iraq only or inside and outside.

When I read "Where the work is performed outside the home office base of such personnel..." in par 3.1.4.b, I understand "Where" is relative adverbs that can mean "in condition".

I hope I could explain the issue to you perfectly. If you could not help, could please let me know to whom this question should be raised to?

Thank again for your help in advance
George

Answer
Hey George,

I would love to be able to help you out on this one but I have to respectfully bow out. I am not an attorney and it sounds like you need an attorney that specializes in Contract law. From the content of the topic, my advice would be to find an attorney that specializes in international contract law. Sorry I could not help more, but this is out of my range of expertise.

thanks
Brian

Collections Law

Brian Pitcher