Collections Law/Credit History

Question
Hello,
I have a few credit cards that I had obtained using my TIN (Tax Identification Number). However, recently I received my SSN and would like to transfer my credit history. I have informed my credit card banks about the SSN. Do I need to inform the 3 major credit bureaus(Transunion, Experian, Equifax) individually as well regarding the change or does it happen automatically.
Thanks

Riya

Answer
Unless you draw the line connecting the old number - the TIN - and the new number - the SSN - the Credit reporting agencicies will not do it for you. If they do make a connection it may be incomplete.

I suggest you make a copy of BOTH cards on the same sheet of paper and notify the three different Credit Reporting agencies separately of the change. They do NOT talk to one another.

Collections Law

Steve Katz