You are here:

Collections Law/unifund CCR partners


My mother, who recently died had a judgement placed on her estate in 2005 by Unifund CCR Partners, she lived in NY. I cannot get in touch with this company. I call numbers I get online they just ring with nobody answering. What can I do ??
     Thank you for your time.

Contact the Secretary of State's office and get their information.  If this does not work, go to the court house in the county in which the judgment is filed.  This should provide some information on who the original creditor was.  If this does not work out, petition the Clerk of Court to release the judgment.  Good luck with this.

Collections Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ray A Miller


I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.


I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

Past/Present Clients
I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]