Collections Law/charged off account

Question
cap one
cap one  
I have pulled my TransUnion account through myfico. On the account details page, Capital One Bank USA NA is listed first and has a red flag and states charged off as bad debt. I've attached the section of the report to show all of the information. For the past few months I have made payments to a CA and am wondering if I still need to do this since the debt seems to have been dismissed by the OC? I live in Pennsylvania. I am trying to clean up my report in an effort to buy a home for me and my son. Paying high rent is just keeping me down in so many way. Your expert advice is much appreciated.

Answer
Having charged the debt off is nearly an accounting term. The account will stay on your credit history for 7 years from the date of the last activity.  If you want this off of your credit, you may can negotiate a settlement that includes it being removed.  I would start at 50% of the balance less ant interest that has accrued.  Good luck with this.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller