Collections Law/Dell debt collections

The Buzz wrote at 2013-02-11 14:25:52
Just had an incident with Dell Financial Services apparently meant to pump up the bottom line at Dell but very unethical.  Please spread this around and do a simple Google search for  yourself as well.  I would never have believed it unless it happened to me personally.  I settled an account with Dell in 2006 and received a settlement letter.  Last year, a law firm associated with Midland Funding and CIT Bank sued me for the balance.  By this time, I had misplaced the settlement letter and asked Dell Financial Services for a copy.  DFS referred me directly to Midland Funding and denied (in writing to me) that they had made the settlement.  Fortunately, I found an old copy.  If you check the internet, you will find THOUSANDS of similar incidents and literally hundreds of settlements against Dell, DFS, and Midland.  This really smacks of a company desperate for revenue.  Until I did a search, I had no idea how longstanding these issues were with Dell.  State DA's winning class action suits and getting consent agreements is a real warning sign for anybody funding the cash for Dell going private.  Any potential investors and Dell computer buyers, Caveat Emptor!

Collections Law

Steve Katz

Debt Collection, Credit Reporting, FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA issues

Founder of Debtorboards, co-author of Debtsmanship, former Collector, Credit Counselor