Collections Law/Forclosure of a Disabled party

Question
I Read your recent question asked regarding the attachment of a Checking account of a Disabled person facing foreclosure and on SSI income  , If the Party facing foreclosure has a Cash reserve can the Mortgage company  Bank attack that Account if the Current Mortgage is Underwater , And the Borrower has an additional Mortgage he is responsible for ......I have a 2nd home im considering let go back for lack of a positive response to leasing it out .....Thank You

Answer
The response to your question depends on the law of your state, the nature of the mortgage, and whether the foreclosure would be sufficient to pay the mortgage debt.  I am also not sure what you mean by a "cash reserve."  But if the current mortgage is being currently paid and not in default in any way, the bank cannot do anything even if the property value is less than the mortgage amount.

You need to provide more details (where you are, amounts involved, what you mean by "cash reserve", etc.) for me to provide any sort of meaningful response.  Thanks.

Collections Law

Michael T. Hertz