Collections Law/served with complaint

First of all I live in Oregon I have been served a summons and complaint for monies due for 2800 from attorneys suttle and hammer on behalf of midland collections I understand I have 20 days to respond with an answer the papers say thirty but I looked it up on the circuit court website it is filed in circuit court according to the papers served but not actually sure they are real I plan on contacting the court but I have been reading every blog googling everything on these attorneys and they sound very deceiving on many parts I have been working on a answer I hope I'm doing it correctly also when I received the collections letter from midland it didnt state much about the account from which this debt is owed I had no clue from which the this debt was owed so I sent a letter asking to what account are you talking about I didnt know at  the that's a validation letter till looking up stuff so I didn't send certified so no proof it was three weeks later I got served and no validation any suggestion how to go about  im afraid after reading how deceitful these attornies r

This law firm is one of a group of bottom feeders that sell their signature for profit.  If you Google the name of the law firm an article pops up that indicates they are part of a class action law suit.  You have the right under the FDCPA to receive validation of the debt.  Send them a letter requesting validation and be sure to keep a copy of the letter. They have 30 days to comply.  Be sure to answer all parts of the complaint and not give them any excuse to get a default.  If I were you, I would get a collection attorney and see about filing a counter suit.  Good luck with this.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller

I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.

I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.