You are here:

Collections Law/court judgement


I have question concerning a court judgement against me filed on 2 October 2009.

I am trying to purchase a home and am due to close on 31 October 2013, I received a call from my loan officer last night and he stated that there was a judgement. However the debt that the judgment was for was included in a bankruptcy and file as a chp13 for 3 years and discharged.

How do I get it removed from the court.

Thurston county court

If you used a bankruptcy attorney, have them send a letter to the court.  If no attorney, have the bankruptcy court send paperwork to have the judgment removed. Be sure to dispute the account with all 3 major credit bureaus.  Thank you for your question. If you need further assistance please send me a follow up.  I wish you the best with this situation.

Collections Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ray A Miller


I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.


I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

Past/Present Clients
I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.

©2017 All rights reserved.