Collections Law/Late Mortgage payments

Question
A payment was made to the mortgage company on 3/1 for February's payment with late fee included.  The mortgage company sent a letter on 3/5 stating "This letter is to notify you that your most recent payment has not been accepted & is being returned to your online bill payer provider. On the same day a letter was sent stating the account is in default and the February and March's payment is due immediately, if firm payment arrangements are not made.  Is this legal?

Answer
HI Katrice,

Unfortunately for you that is legal. If the bank will not accept your payments, its because they are moving you through the foreclosure process. If the accept a partial payment they will have to start the process all over again. You will definitely want to call your lender and have them do a forbearance. That is a payment arrangement that allows you to catch up. I hope this helps.

Brian

Collections Law

Brian Pitcher