Collections Law/Collections law

Question
I just recently received a summons for a hearing to enter judgment from a collections agency whom I have been making monthly payment and was late by 5 days however they cashed the check before the papers were filled doe this make any difference

Answer
Hello Shane:   I just now saw your question in the question pool or I would have answered it sooner.   The short answer to your question is that if you are in default, they can sue you regardless of any agreement you had with the collection agency.    The real question here is what do you do about it now that you have received a summons and complaint that must be answered or otherwise responded to in a matter of days.    You have several options, but what you should or can do depends on facts you do not state in your question.    This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for you.   In the meantime, while you are considering what you are going to do, don't pay them anything.     I can explain more fully if we talk on the phone and I can also explain to you your other options.   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.    You can call me at this number anytime you wish.    

Jack Hall    J.D.
915  261-3893
jackhallbk@aol.com

Collections Law

Bankruptcy Services