Collections Law/debt collectiors

Question
QUESTION: I live in Ohio, back in 2007 I got a letter from FPO saying I owed money from a credit card. I am thinking at that time it was capital one. They offered a repayment of $181 paid in 2 payments. for a total of $362 to pay debt off. I opened a savings account to do this because I didn't want them to have my personal acct info.. So in 1/2007 they told me they cant draw money out of a savings acct so they had to have my bank acct. number, cause it had to be checking. so I must of gave it to them. (really not sure). but they did take out the 2 payments anyways. but all I have to show it is FPO written in my check book, I cant find the papers or anything. Now Capital one is saying I still owe them. I thought this was capital one I paid. I guess my question is , is FPO capital one collections? if not who are they? if this is all I have to show that I paid, is this enough? I really don't know what to do. I am trying to straighten up my credit.(gone thru a bad divorce and its a mess) but I am working on trying to get things straight but it seem that something is always popping up. Can you answer my questions please? thanks Della

ANSWER: I have tried to research FPO and can not find them.  Can you tell me what FPO stands for?

QUESTION: No that's all I have in my checkbook. I also have NCO. Maybe that's the Name NCO. I cant really remember. I thought it was all taken care of. I should of done a follow up, but I didn't. Thanks for your time trying to help anyway. Thanks again.

Answer
I would not give up yet. Try to get copies of the drafts that went through your checking account from your bank. That could be all the proof you need to clear this up.  If you can not find some type of proof, I am afraid you may be at their mercy,  Good luck with this.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller